188 replies to this topic

#181 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

In The 2010 Pro Bowl:
Brandon Marshall (traded from Denver to Miami )
Donovan McNabb ( traded from Philly to Redskins )
Alan Faneca ( Jets - Cards )
Kyle Vanden Bosch ( Titans - Lions )
Julius Peppers ( Panthers - Bears )

2009 Pro Bowl
Brett Favre ( Jets - Vikings )
Tony Gonzalez ) Chiefs - Falcons )
Jay Cutler ( traded from Denver to Bears )
Julian Peterson ( Hawks - Lions )
Brian Dawkins ( Philly - Denver )

2008 Pro Bowl
None

2007 Pro Bowl
Adalius Thomas ( Ravens - Pats )

#182 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

In The 2010 Pro Bowl:

2009 Pro Bowl

2008 Pro Bowl
None

2007 Pro Bowl

Thanks.

What I got from that was a couple were traded, a couple were old, a couple wanted out no doubt about it and a couple were mixed or a combo of the other answers.

Not very many moved though unless it was a bad situation for them (Peppers, Marshall Cutler and Broncos, McNabb) or they were getting older (Dawkins, Peterson, Gonzalez, etc).

#183 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

I was looking at the Eagles roster when they had Jim Johnson as their DC. It was the year they finally went to the playoffs. Just wanted to see what type of defensive tackles he had. His two starting tackles were Corey Simon and Darwin Walker. Both more of the penetrating type DT but both good against the run.

I really dont think we will sign a big name FA. I think we will re-sign our own core of players (C.Johnson, R. Kalil, J. Anderson, T. Davis and possibly D.Will and R.Marshall, plus upcoming extension for Beason.

Also with the upcoming CBA, Im not sure how much free agent movement there will be this year.

I see us going after more of the middle of the pack type FA, not the big name but still solid player.

Two guys that come to mind but played DE in 3-4 schemes. Marcus Spears from Dallas and Jacques Cesaire from San Diego.

Marcus Spears is 6'4 315lbs 27 years old.
Jacques Cesaire is 6'2 295lbs 30 years old.

Both, if moved inside, could be penetrating type DT but still stout against the run. Pair one of them with Fairley, or a rookie we get later in the draft, in a rotation with Derek Landri, Andre Neblett and possibly Nick Hayden should be good enough to get the job done.

#184 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,758 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

We had Walker here for a year or so.

Jacksonville just released a tackle named Jordan Black. He's a "utility " type that can play multiple spots but from what I've read he sounds like a guy who's better at guard.

I mention him in part because he graduated from Vanderbilt while Warren Belin was still coaching there (other side of the ball, granted).

Edited by Mr Scot, 07 February 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#185 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,758 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

Rams are releasing FB Mike Karney. I've hoped we'd get a sledgehammer type fullback for a while now. Maybe now we will.

#186 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Rams are releasing FB Mike Karney. I've hoped we'd get a sledgehammer type fullback for a while now. Maybe now we will.

I think Fiametta can fill that role, he showed a lot of strength and improvement last season.

#187 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

Tony Gonzalez was a trade.

I don't think anyone on this list wasn't already past their prime or traded for, for what it's worth (with the closest exception being Peppers).

In The 2010 Pro Bowl:

2009 Pro Bowl

2008 Pro Bowl
None

2007 Pro Bowl

#188 ezekielh19

ezekielh19

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:21 AM

If we got our hands on Logan Mankins, we would have an immaculate O-line with Otah coming back healthy. If we could pull that off, i'd feel great about sticking with Jimmy and bringing in a Volek type to help him along b/c the pass protection and running game would be a growing QB's best friend.

As far as the DT position is concerned, i think we could get away with finding another dependable big body to plug up the holes. I don't think people are being fair to our current DT rotation. Landry and Ed Johnson did some pretty solid work, considering that teams ran on us more times than nearly anyone in the NFL because they were always playing with a lead against us. Plus Nick Hayden is an extremely hard worker, very solid and willing on special teams, and better than people want to give him credit for. i think those 3 guys and some diamond-in-the-rough type guy either in the draft or free agency would be a nice rotation.

And why is no one as excited as i am about the possibilities for Dante Rosario with Chud taking over? In a run-first offense, Rosario for the last two seasons has put a lot of very good receiving work on the field and on tape. I constantly hear people talking about his inability to block, but I don't see it; in fact i remember him numerous times running as a fullback in certain formations and remember way more instances of him setting a block rather than blowing the assignment.

In no way do I mean to hate on Barnidge here, because we should certainly hold on to him as the back-up TE and starting special teamer; but what exactly has he put on tape in his couple years here that makes people want to anoint him as the next coming of Wesley Walls? To me, Rosario is the next big thing at TE and he'll be seeing my fantasy team next year, likely a FA pickup, hahaha..

#189 PantherD

PantherD

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

Barnidge was a heck of a player for the Ville and I do not think he has peaked yet. I hope he surprises you. seems like Rosario does have a nack for making clutch receptions which is awesome.

I like Volek to start. has a few years under his belt but has not taken that many hits. sure hope they sign him. he could kick butt right out of the gate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.