dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

http://www.acorn.org/

Purely Democratic.

On Monday, Jan. 19, hundreds of volunteers nationwide joined ACORN members canvassing high-foreclosure neighborhoods in 30 cities, providing information and assistance to families with troubled loans as part of President-elect Barack Obama's National Service Day.

"Purely Democratic?"

Then I say, "Shame on Republicans"

#33 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

Some business dude on TV said that only about 12% of the nearly 900 billion could in any way spark jobs.

Wish the bill was only 100 billion.

Correct me if I am wrong. In one of the debates, didn't Obama say like McCain, that he would veto "pork"? If my memory is correct, then he looks to be an incredible liar especially right out of the gate to sign this thing.

#34 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

Obama said this on 1/6/09. Laughable. Especially the last paragraph.

… we’re going to have to stop talking about budget reform. We’re going to have to totally embrace it. It’s an absolute necessity.

And it has to begin with the economic recovery and reinvestment plan that Congress will soon be considering, that we’re going to be investing an extraordinary amount of money to jump-start our economy, save or create 3 million new jobs, mostly in the private sector, and lay a solid foundation for future growth.

But we’re not going to be able to expect the American people to support this critical effort unless we take extraordinary steps to ensure that the investments are made wisely and managed well. And that’s why my recovery and reinvestment plan will have - will set a new higher standard of accountability, transparency, and oversight.

We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert pet projects without review. We will create an economic recovery oversight board made up of key administration officials and independent advisers to identify problems early and make sure we’re doing all that we can to solve it. We will put information about where money is being spent online so that the American people know exactly where their precious tax dollars are going and whether we are hitting our marks.

#35 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,676 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

Both sides of the fence throw their own crap into this so it can be passed. Welcome to politics!

#36 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Both sides of the fence throw their own crap into this so it can be passed. Welcome to politics!

Honey, this is a Democrat bill all the way .... Obama wanted Republican support for it so his party won't have to take all the blame for it not working, or for the pork in it ... he didn't need any Republican votes in the House.

#37 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

Obama wanted Republican support for it so his party won't have to take all the blame for it not working, or for the pork in it

You're such a bleeding pessimist :incazzato:

#38 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

You're such a bleeding pessimist :incazzato:

It's true, though. We got rid of Bush. We didn't get rid of the Congress that had an even lower approval rating than he had.

#39 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

I believe Obama when he says that he wants to work with Republicans. I don't see it as an underhanded way of spreading "blame" around... what if it's a success?

#40 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,517 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

I think we all know that if the economy succeeds, it won't be because of this bill. Or the Bush stimulus. Or the big bank/auto bailouts.

#41 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

I believe Obama when he says that he wants to work with Republicans. I don't see it as an underhanded way of spreading "blame" around... what if it's a success?

His idea of working with Republicans, so far, has been to give up only a piddly amount of pork, but by and large saying, "I won. I get to do it my way." There was virtually no compromise in that bill at all. The only reason Pelosi's crap for birth control was taken out was because the public found out and it was highly criticized.

#42 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,743 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

You make compromises to get bills passed. In this case there were not a lot of compromises that needed to be made. Sorry that the way laws are passed does not please you now, hopefully it suited you better when the Republicans had more say in matters and could ignore points that Dems brought up.

Obama has stated that time was of the essence - I don't know if I agree that this stimulus stuff is a good idea or not, but clearly he feels that the top level of government had to do something - a sentiment that the previous administration and most of the Dems AND Reps agreed with - and is willing to let some things get by in the sake of expediency.

Politics is the art of the possible, and everything is a compromise.

#43 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

You make compromises to get bills passed. In this case there were not a lot of compromises that needed to be made. Sorry that the way laws are passed does not please you now, hopefully it suited you better when the Republicans had more say in matters and could ignore points that Dems brought up.

Obama has stated that time was of the essence - I don't know if I agree that this stimulus stuff is a good idea or not, but clearly he feels that the top level of government had to do something - a sentiment that the previous administration and most of the Dems AND Reps agreed with - and is willing to let some things get by in the sake of expediency.

Politics is the art of the possible, and everything is a compromise.

Bottom line, CWG, Obama pushed this through to help himself with other Democrats in Washington, and not with the American people. And that's not what he said he was about during the campaign, now, was it?

#44 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,743 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

Well most of the American people voted for Obama, and he has clearly stated that this was one of the first things he was going to do. He did try to get Republicans to support it - but now that Dubya is not in control, the RNC says to everyone not to vote for this stuff anymore.

Also you are wrong http://online.wsj.co...9580982953.html

sorry.

#45 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,743 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

funnest part

Even Republicans and independents think GOP lawmakers should work to move the legislation forward. Asked whether Republicans in Congress should do everything to stand firm for their party's principles and oppose the legislation, or look to compromise with the Obama administration, 68% of Republicans and independents chose compromise, with 20% picking standing firm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.