Photo
- - - - -

Why the pass game isn't working

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

tru the cardinals d is abysmal this year so Atlanta might have a shot to still beat us. The only thing I might not worry about as much is that I highly doubt Denver drafts Andrew luck. But to not be the first pick in the draft Luck probably would stay in school if denver gets the first pick.

Atl would have a shot to beat us w/ backups but I still think Carolina would have a big edge.

Denver would be a wildcard....lots of teams would want that pick. They could easily rip off a desperate team looking for a QB. But Denver is also getting a new coach. The Golden Calf of Bristol was a pure McDaniels move. New coach could easily say Orton and Luck aren't what the next decade should be about.

#32 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

what do you want me to talk about? it is the biggest non coach issue on this team. So unilke the coaching it has a greater chance of change occuring.

I only brought up Moore b/c someone mentioned the playcalls/Davidson. Considering he was forced to run the same lame offense......and by FAR his best throws were to plays in the middle. I figured it was worth noting that Clausen has plays he can make to there based on this offense Davidson calls.

personally I thought that number was interesting.

There are millions of things to talk about, and there are already many threads talking about the failure that Jimmy is. Why you feel the need to start a new one, I don't know. It's like you hold some odd grudge against the people you debated earlier in the year on this board and you think you have to prove yourself or something.

#33 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

yep. and Atl doesn't lose at home w/ Matt Ryan at QB.

Other than the Arizona game, all the games in Atlanta have been decided by a TD or so. I wouldn't say they are unbeatable at home at this point. With only 2 losses it isn't as if they are losing that often on the road either. LOL

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

Other than the Arizona game, all the games in Atlanta have been decided by a TD or so. I wouldn't say they are unbeatable at home at this point. With only 2 losses it isn't as if they are losing that often on the road either. LOL

Ryan is 19-1 at home?.....they might not destroy people but they just aren't losing at home.

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

There are millions of things to talk about, and there are already many threads talking about the failure that Jimmy is. Why you feel the need to start a new one, I don't know. It's like you hold some odd grudge against the people you debated earlier in the year on this board and you think you have to prove yourself or something.

b/c it was a new absurd stat - that directly relates to our biggest non coaching problem. A change in that department could result in better play these last 2 weeks. I want to see us play better. I am not rooting for us to get smashed the next two weeks.

I have no grudge against any posters here. I argued with panthers55 every day last year......and hardly ever this season. He makes good post. I just disagreed w/ him often last year.

I think talking about our current QB makes the most sense. The Andrew Luck threads, who are we trading in the offseason threads, etc.......imo are pointless right now. We still have football being played. That is what I prefer to talk about.

#36 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

Go Saints (this week)

#37 caddieman

caddieman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

Clausen has 243 pass attempts this year.

He has completed 7 passes to the middle of the field. All check downs. 3.19YPA.

talk about making life easy on a defense.

:confused:

Because you got nothing but rookie QB's;)

#38 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,949 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

Gooo Saints!!!

#39 caddieman

caddieman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

Gooo Saints!!!

Easy big boy...........easy! lol

#40 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,949 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

ya I cant believe I just said that...FML

Goo Saints

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

I have no grudge against any posters here. I argued with panthers55 every day last year......and hardly ever this season. He makes good post. I just disagreed w/ him often last year..

That is pretty much across the board. Either I got smarter or everyone else who argued with me found out I was right. Only people left who want to argue are the Clausen homers- although they have thinned out quite a bit.

#42 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

That is pretty much across the board. Either I got smarter or everyone else who argued with me found out I was right. Only people left who want to argue are the Clausen homers- although they have thinned out quite a bit.

i'll argue you into submission panther 55

#43 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

i'll argue you into submission panther 55

Thanks for the warning!! LOL

#44 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the warning!! LOL

You are welcome : D

#45 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Not really. I am saying Clausen needs to use the middle of the field. period. OL, Davidson, rookie....non of those are reasons for him not doing such. Moore was brought up here to show what Davidson is doing w/ Steve Smith this season. Smitty made those plays for Moore. He can do it for Clausen. Those are the routes Smitty is now running in Carolina.

what is the biggest noncoach issue then?

Biggest noncoach issue?

IMO, Lack of experience. AND Jimmay isn't the only one I'm talking about. He is looking for WRs to be as open as he had in school. That doesn't happen in the NFL. That is why he doesn't throw in the middle as much as the guy with 2 more years experience, he simply doesn't see the reciever as open. It'll come with time. Remember, he didn't get work with the starters like other rookies and his reps have not been consistent, with Moore coming back for a few weeks after the break, then his own concusion etc.

The O-line has also lacked experience working together. The right side hasn't settled in all year. Other changes throughout the year didn't help them get on the same page, but we seem to be getting into a rhythm now especially in the running game. In passing situations, teams seem to be doubling Smitty, and blitzing. The O-line isn't being too successful at picking that up and the other WR (more rookies) aren't adjusting their routes.

I look at this year as similar to the '89 Cowboys. We have some talent in quite a few spots. We just have a few holes to fill. Unlike the Cowboys, we don't have a Hershel Walker type trade that we can make, not with an RB anyway. I know Clausen will never put up Brees, Manning, or Brady type numbers, but can he put up Aikman typr numbers? I think he can, and that gives us the #1 pick up for bid.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com