Photo
- - - - -

Any not worried about getting the #1 pick?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#16 mick eye

mick eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

obviously they're committing to clausen if they choose not to draft luck. but, they had better draft offense since we suck and need more weapons. i know cb is a need, but come on. draft offense first.

After the offense draft fest of last year we need to go defense. Our DT's are crap and Marshall is NOT gonna get the money he wants from us. Smith has lost a step or two. Lots of bad news and holes. Yeah and Clausen is having trouble adjusting to NFL speed. But there is good news.

We have trade bait. We can reload. We have talent. We will likely have a top overall pick that we can turn into several picks.

#17 Stone

Stone

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

the safest pick coming out would be Peterson or Amukamara in my mind. both play solid man coverage. Peterson has the special teams upside. but with the #1 i would take neither.

#18 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

If Luck isn't there or if we don't have the #1 pick then trade the fug down.

Only position worth it at that spot is probably DT.

#19 pantherbiker

pantherbiker

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

Would be tragic after all the hell we put up with this year...but life would go on..

#20 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

AJ Greene is most certainly worth it, as is Patterson. In fact I agree with all those picks, except Newton. I don't like him at all. I would prefer a QB with more intellect, less scrambling. We have a run game, no need for a mobile QB. I also think Greene would be a waste, for us. Obviously I think he will be fuging awesome but we don't absolutely need a WR. Patterson or Fairly for me, but I would risk a lot by trading down and trying to pick them, no need to waste #1 on him. Luck is most definitely the goal, this young offense needs a leader and a QB. Any draft pick can be a bust just part of the game.

#21 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Worried about it? No. I'm quite certain we'll get a serious player with whatever pick we end up with at this point.

That said I do think that Luck is a rare talent that we should really want to draft so I'll be disappointed if we don't. Could he be a bust and make everyone who wanted him look foolish? Yes - as could any pick. Is he the player I think we should most want to take the shot on? Also yes.

#22 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

I'd like to see the team play well. I don't really care what happens beyond that.

#23 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

I was worried

Damn my eternal optimism. Thank goodness for reality.