• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Nnamdi Asomugha is the best CB in the NFL, even better than Revis. With Gamble already solid at his position, bringing in this guy now would ultimately make us a top 5 defense next year for the new coach. So what would it take to bring him in? With a good GM and FO, it would take the bank to bring him in. Yet with Al Davis and the Raiders FO, all it may take is flashy names and a 1st and 4th round pick. Here, read this interesting debate on the Raiders forum

http://www.raiderfan...my-clausen.html

So here's my proposal.

Panthers get: Nnamdi Asomugha

Raiders get: Jimmy Clausen, Charles Godfrey, next year's 2nd

Godfrey has shown to the league he can be a probowl safety. Since alot of fans feel Clausen hasn't been given much of a shot here in Carolina, Al Davis may think he can give life to this kid's career. So what do you guys think. My eye will be on the Raiders constantly this off-season to see what they do with Aso.

Edited by Matthias, 31 December 2010 - 10:43 PM.

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,563 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

No

#3 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

That's a great Trade!!!!................. For Madden 2011

#4 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

:lol: i needed that

#5 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

Is the objection that this deal wouldn't be enough for Aso, or is it giving up too much for one player? I know people wouldn't be sad for giving up the players mentioned. Both Godfrey and Clausen have been complained about more than any other two players this season. The only objection I can see coming from fans is giving up a 1st, but Aso is more than worth the pick and the players.

#6 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

Champ Bailey is a FA while he's not as good or as young, he'd be cheaper and we don't have to trade anybody to get him.

The secondary is pretty good already they've created a lot of coverage sacks the last few years, we don't need a superstar there. Both of our saftey's have CB skills. Gamble and Munnerlynn are solid.

D-line is where the D needs help.

Godfrey isn't really good trade bait. Either way that would bite us in the ass.

1. Trade him for a low pick, he sucks with new team. We don't have proper compensation to get somebody better and we look stupid.

2. Trade him for a low pick, he improves with new team. We look like bigger doofuses.

Might as well keep Godfrey and hope he improves with us when we get some DTs worth a damn.

#7 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

You want to give up next year's first? Seriously?

I dunno about you, but I think that Andrew Luck is going to be worth more than Aso... :)

#8 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

If we wanna upgrade our defense, I'd rather just sign Haynesworth without giving up any players or draft picks.

#9 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Champ Bailey is a FA while he's not as good or as young, he'd be cheaper and we don't have to trade anybody to get him.

The secondary is pretty good already they've created a lot of coverage sacks the last few years, we don't need a superstar there. Both of our saftey's have CB skills. Gamble and Munnerlynn are solid.

D-line is where the D needs help.

Godfrey isn't really good trade bait. Either way that would bite us in the ass.

1. Trade him for a low pick, he sucks with new team. We don't have proper compensation to get somebody better and we look stupid.

2. Trade him for a low pick, he improves with new team. We look like bigger doofuses.

Might as well keep Godfrey and hope he improves with us when we get some DTs worth a damn.

Having Aso shutting down a side of the field is way better than anything Godfrey can do with his career. We can get another safety to replace him and we would still have Sherrod at that position, a solid guy. Plus, if we can get any value for Clausen, that is always a plus. Champ is getting older, and if I'm going to pay a guy long term, I would want the best I can get out of him. Bailey may be playing at a good level for 2 more years before his talent starts to decline.

You want to give up next year's first? Seriously?

I dunno about you, but I think that Andrew Luck is going to be worth more than Aso... :)

If we get Luck and he turns out to be great, and bring in Aso, then we won't need a first next year. Good management this season will make up for anything we lack next year.

#10 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

#11 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,305 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:09 PM

Nnamdi Asomugha is the best CB in the NFL, even better than Revis. With Gamble already solid at his position, bringing in this guy now would ultimately make us a top 5 defense next year for the new coach. So what would it take to bring him in? With a good GM and FO, it would take the bank to bring him in. Yet with Al Davis and the Raiders FO, all it may take is flashy names and a 1st and 4th round pick. Here, read this interesting debate on the Raiders forum

http://www.raiderfan...my-clausen.html

So here's my proposal.

Panthers get: Nnamdi Asomugha

Raiders get: Jimmy Clausen, Charles Godfrey, next year's 1st and 4th pick

Godfrey has shown to the league he can be a probowl safety. Since alot of fans feel Clausen hasn't been given much of a shot here in Carolina, Al Davis may think he can give life to this kid's career. So what do you guys think. My eye will be on the Raiders constantly this off-season to see what they do with Aso.

No effin way.

#12 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

Sean Gilbert is available. Seriously, a good group of DTs will make our DEs, LBs, and DBs better. Nice thought though

#13 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,059 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:15 PM

hell no

#14 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

hell no indeed. Maybe Clausen, Godfrey, and next year's 2nd at most. Asomugha isn't exactly a spring chicken...

#15 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

Sean Gilbert is available. Seriously, a good group of DTs will make our DEs, LBs, and DBs better. Nice thought though

We can still get a DT in FA or the draft. If we take Luck, I doubt we are taking a top name DT in the draft. I'm a little surprised at the responses here, becasue we know the need for a shutdown corner. If Luck didn't come out, PP would then be the best choice for us. Asomugha playing with Gamble and Marshall back at nickel (If we could sign him for reasonable money) would be the best secondary in the NFL.

hell no indeed. Maybe Clausen, Godfrey, and next year's 2nd at most. Asomugha isn't exactly a spring chicken...

Yep, I can dig that. Aso is the best corner in the league. I'm sure there are coaches who tell their QBs before playing the Raiders, "Do not throw this guy's way!" He is worth a big deal, and besides age wise he is in his prime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com