#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,960 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

Have you ever asked yourself why they are militant?

Yes, and to me there are plenty of people around the world that get treated like sh*t and don't go around blowing up women and children... but hey, we made them become like that right? Couldn't be that their culture and religion does it...

#17 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Yes, and to me there are plenty of people around the world that get treated like sh*t and don't go around blowing up women and children... but hey, we made them become like that right? Couldn't be that their culture and religion does it...

hey none of the other civilization and populaces the united states systematically oppressed in the 20th century have fought back this much! SAVAGES

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,716 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

Iraq looked incredibly opressed today on the news while voting.

#19 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

yeah im shocked too the place has calmed down since the US Army let the sunnis get wiped out

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,960 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

hey none of the other civilization and populaces the united states systematically oppressed in the 20th century have fought back this much! SAVAGES

Systematically oppressed??? By the United States???
Yeah, those poor multi-millionaires in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Yemen, and the UAE... that we "oppress" by buying billions of dollars of oil from.

I never said there's anything wrong with fighting back, it's the way in which it's done. I can't even believe that people defend actions like sending young men and women to kill themselves and whoever else they can, mainly other young men and women. You can organize and fight back but what is their goal? Their stated goal is not to have peace and live along with others and fight for human rights, it's to destroy Israel and convert others to their religion.

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,630 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

The Admiral that I worked for in Bahrain said that going to Saudi Arabia was like going back in time 600 years. Much of their culture is even now stuck in the past. Many of the militants do blame us for what they consider to be negative influences in their culture. Things like music, style of dress, etc... It got worse when we put troops in Saudi, and they saw infidels walking around in their holy land carrying guns. And even worse, our women walk around uncovered. To someone in their culture, its an anathema. Then from the Mullahs, and the heavily censored local news networks, they hear stories about how the West supports the evil Israelis (while never seeing anything neutral or telling the Israelis side) and showing pictures of suffering in Iraq because of the evil infidels. Its actually amazing that more of them don't go over to the dark side so to speak.

But the roots of the problem started with the rise of Wahibbism, which started well before the US became a player in the region, in fact before the US even became a country.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 31 January 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,630 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, those poor multi-millionaires in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Yemen, and the UAE... that we "oppress" by buying billions of dollars of oil from.

I never said there's anything wrong with fighting back, it's the way in which it's done. I can't even believe that people defend actions like sending young men and women to kill themselves and whoever else they can, mainly other young men and women. You can organize and fight back but what is their goal? Their stated goal is not to have peace and live along with others and fight for human rights, it's to destroy Israel and convert others to their religion.

Most of the families running the various nations in the Middle East have been in power for hundreds of years. Its ludicrous to think that the US is somehow responsible for oppression in Saudia Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Yemen, etc...

#23 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

wow that amazingly small percentage of people who have made money from the hydrocarbon economy really makes up for everything else.

I never said there's anything wrong with fighting back, it's the way in which it's done. I can't even believe that people defend actions like sending young men and women to kill themselves and whoever else they can, mainly other young men and women.

so they should all organized in a proper ww2 style battle and get wiped out in a day? seems kind of foolish.

You can organize and fight back but what is their goal?

of who?

Their stated goal is not to have peace and live along with others and fight for human rights, it's to destroy Israel and convert others to their religion.

of a small group. historically, most revolutionaries that resort to terrorist attacks due it as a means to polarize the populations of occupied and occupier countries in an effort to politicize the army presence and get them out. this was first done effectively in algeria and has kinda been the blueprint of anti-colonialism since then.

Its ludicrous to think that the US is somehow responsible for oppression in Saudia Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Yemen, etc...

i never mentioned any of those countries.

#24 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

funny reminder that homosexuality is rampant in saudi arabia, since it's illegal to be with a woman who isn't your wife and people are desperate for human touch.

the koran has weird rules about homosexuality, like it's legal unless seven people see you do it or stuff like that

#25 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

funny reminder that homosexuality is rampant in saudi arabia, since it's illegal to be with a woman who isn't your wife and people are desperate for human touch.

the koran has weird rules about homosexuality, like it's legal unless seven people see you do it or stuff like that

Link that please...But, if true according to you analysis, that proves homosexuality is a choice.

#26 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

Link that please...But, if true according to you analysis, that proves homosexuality is a choice.

The legal punishment for sodomy has varied among juristic schools: some prescribe capital punishment; while other prescribe a milder discretionary punishment. Homosexuality is a crime and forbidden in most Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. In some relatively secular or multi-religious Islamic countries, this is not the case, Indonesia and Turkey being some examples. Despite this, homoerotic themes were present in poetry and other literature by some Muslims which celebrated male love, and were more common than expressions of attraction to women.[1]

Some movements in Islam, such as the Al-Fatiha Foundation, accept and consider homosexuality as natural, either regarding Qur'anic verses as obsolete in the context of modern society, or pointing out that the Qu'ran speaks out against homosexual lust, and is silent on homosexual love. Writer Irshad Manji, a lesbian herself and a staunch critic of Islam,[2] is of the opinion that homosexuality is permissible within Islam; however, it only remains a minority viewpoint. Within the Shi'a school of thought in Islam, thinkers such as Ayatollah Khomeini have argued the legality of sex-change operations if a man is homosexual, and feels effeminate.[3]

Eminent scholars of Islam, such as Sheikh ul-Islam Imam Malik, Imam Shafi amongst others, rule that the Islam disallows homosexuality and ordains a capital punishment for a person guilty of it.[4]

very well sourced wikipedia article

also a segment of the population choosing to engage in homosexual acts doesn't prove that homosexuality as a whole is a choice.

#27 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

liberals will always make out the US to be the bad guys.

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

liberals will always make out the US to be the bad guys.

Posted Image

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,630 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

wow that amazingly small percentage of people who have made money from the hydrocarbon economy really makes up for everything else.

so they should all organized in a proper ww2 style battle and get wiped out in a day? seems kind of foolish.

of who?

of a small group. historically, most revolutionaries that resort to terrorist attacks due it as a means to polarize the populations of occupied and occupier countries in an effort to politicize the army presence and get them out. this was first done effectively in algeria and has kinda been the blueprint of anti-colonialism since then.

i never mentioned any of those countries.

I wasn't responding to you.

#30 Myworldwideinc

Myworldwideinc

My world

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:18 AM

As much as you want him to be, no, he is not...
yes he is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com