Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Samuel L. Jackson

So, for those with the "one true religion" mentality...

99 posts in this topic

What's the difference between a "calling from God" and "a voice in my head told me to do it"?

So, that the glory would go to God and not the person.

so instead of picking a civilization that could better spread his word, reach more people, and save more souls that he's supposed to love, he picked people that were busy fuging rocks in the desert just so he could have more of the credit?

god is vain to the point of ineptitude?

rocks, as well as daughters and sisters I believe.

rocks, as well as daughters and sisters I believe.

Me: How did Noah repopulate the Earth?

Literalist: cough cough well uh you see <shuffles feet nervously>

What's the difference between a "calling from God" and "a voice in my head told me to do it"?

Perhaps there isn't a difference.

Well, I may not be the most articulate writer/speaker out there but lucky for me my Pastor Dr. David Chadwick who you might have heard his moments of hope segments on WBT early in the mornings has just finished a series on the subject and he can articulate it better then me so here you go -> http://foresthill.org/

Go to Video message and if it's not the first one that pop's up the series is called "Leap of Doubt" you can find the answer to just about any question there, and some answers may surprise you.

How did he get Abba AND Vin Diesel to be the house band?

While I also have my problems with Organized Religion, when someone questions my Personnal Faith I get snippy.

I find however, those that lack faith much easier to irritate.

What makes your belief so correct?

Is it because you fear the ramifications of shunning your beliefs and them actually being right?

Is it because you fear "what is written" about non-believers in your religion?

Is it because you would rather be safe than sorry?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often see both sides, believers and non-believers, slammed by the opposite sides, and I just don't see the point.

I try to let people believe what they want to believe, but as soon as I voice an opinion, I am told how I am incorrect. Really? What makes anyone an authority?

I can pretty much guarantee I have studied religion more than anyone here, yet I can also guarantee how someone would come along and tell me how I am wrong about something.

What's up with all that?

bump, judging from what a few guy's here have posted it seems they are more interested in advancing a political point of view instead of actually answering the question that was originally asked.

While I also have my problems with Organized Religion, when someone questions my Personnal Faith I get snippy.

I find however, those that lack faith much easier to irritate.

I personally have no issue with the questions, but I find it funny that some times those that ask the questions would never dare answer ones similar to the ones that they ask.