#31 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings BlackCat

No hurt feelings. I just think you're sort of making an ass out of yourself on a stupid point.

#32 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

People have had that opinion before, minds change eventually ;)

I'm just getting a better assessment of posters I'm dealing with here.

#33 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

People have had that opinion before, minds change eventually ;)

I'm just getting a better assessment of posters I'm dealing with here.

Here's the thing though. Over half, or about half of the people see it the way I did.

At best, you MIGHT be right, but you carry yourself like you are 100% right.

You're wrong to assume that he's a one-read QB, which was my point all along. :)

I gotta go, I'd love to argue with you some more, but I have an hour long drive ahead of me. Later!

CAM NEWTON #1 OVERALL BABY!

#34 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

I'm not the only one that has said that though, that he's a 1 read QB.

The video you posted did nothing to bolster your case that he isn't which got me started on it.

Also, look at the results, It's Not Alright said he is the first read but voted 3rd, also, you voted twice and so forth.

To each his own I guess.

#35 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

Here's the thing though. Over half, or about half of the people see it the way I did.

At best, you MIGHT be right, but you carry yourself like you are 100% right.

You're wrong to assume that he's a one-read QB, which was my point all along. :)

I gotta go, I'd love to argue with you some more, but I have an hour long drive ahead of me. Later!

CAM NEWTON #1 OVERALL BABY!

I want someone to ban this phrase it's not going to happen

#36 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

I'm not the only one that has said that though, that he's a 1 read QB.

The video you posted did nothing to bolster your case that he isn't which got me started on it.

Also, look at the results, It's Not Alright said he is the first read but voted 3rd, also, you voted twice and so forth.

To each his own I guess.

The TE is the eventual target of the play, but is the third option in the progression of the play for a successful completion.

Look, I know watching the Panthers the last few years could teach you other wise, but plays can be designed with more than one outcome in mind.

#37 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

Once he avoided the pressure he immediately set up to throw to the tight end, even before he looked. That suggests to me that the tight end was his first option.

#38 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

The TE is the eventual target of the play, but is the third option in the progression of the play for a successful completion.

Look, I know watching the Panthers the last few years could teach you other wise, but plays can be designed with more than one outcome in mind.

I would say this is more accurate than what I said. It seems the play was designed for the tight end, but it was possible for the other options to be open.

#39 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Once he avoided the pressure he immediately set up to throw to the tight end, even before he looked. That suggests to me that the tight end was his first option.

I saw the same thing

#40 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,310 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

I'm not sure how you all figure there were several reads on the play when his head was down more than it was up..

edit: he hikes the ball and his eyes go straight to the DE who makes a good push to mess up the roll to the right.. he looks to the field for a second, then goes back to looking at the DE.. then snaps his head up and throws it to the TE..

what am I not seeing that you all are?

Edited by bleys, 07 January 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,539 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Some of you are confusing the object of the play which is to throw to the TE going against the grain with a read progression. For example if the receiver going across the middle is open (which occurs first) then of course Newton will throw him the ball. So that is the first read. The tight end going against the grain is the receiver most likely to be open and the reason you send the action to the right but given the time it takes to set up the play will be the second read. If it were the first and only read, he would have pumped fake to sell the receiver going left to right before coming back left.

#42 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,310 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

Some of you are confusing the object of the play which is to throw to the TE going against the grain with a read progression. For example if the receiver going across the middle is open (which occurs first) then of course Newton will throw him the ball. So that is the first read. The tight end going against the grain is the receiver most likely to be open and the reason you send the action to the right but given the time it takes to set up the play will be the second read. If it were the first and only read, he would have pumped fake to sell the receiver going left to right before coming back left.

logically, that would be the progression.. I don't see how he has time to make any reads with his eyes down on the DE more than on his receivers.. what I see is (what I explained on the previous page) ending with.. he finally looks up to his TE and makes the throw..

Edited by bleys, 07 January 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#43 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

I voted 1st & 1st! I think Cam just did a better job of selling it!

Edited by Tarheels23, 07 January 2011 - 08:50 PM.

#44 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

I'm not sure how you all figure there were several reads on the play when his head was down more than it was up..

edit: he hikes the ball and his eyes go straight to the DE who makes a good push to mess up the roll to the right.. he looks to the field for a second, then goes back to looking at the DE.. then snaps his head up and throws it to the TE..

what am I not seeing that you all are?

The play is designed to encourage pressure from the right (TE giving up the block) and to also draw coverage to the right (recievers moving to that side of the field). So his head is going to be turned to the right by design until he comits to the TE at the end of the play.

Again, I think this play has more to do with a coach recognizing his players inability to fake out a defense than anything else. But the other options are there if the defense doesn't bite on something.

#45 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

Jimmy Clausen to King 16-yard Touchdown

Isn't this the Pro Style version of the same play?

Edited by Tarheels23, 07 January 2011 - 08:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.