Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tight End Options

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Also, Barnidge is signed through 2011, Rosario 2010 before they are FA like King this year.

Posted

The drafting of Barnidge gave some hope to a bonafide receiving threat, because thats what Barnidge is. Didn't materialize however.

Posted

The drafting of Barnidge gave some hope to a bonafide receiving threat, because thats what Barnidge is. Didn't materialize however.

still has a chance though, you know how fox likes to move receivers along slow. Lets see what he can do this coming season, I think we might let King walk with all the other players needing signing.

Posted

I just don't believe that it really makes a measurable difference who the TE is on a John Fox-Jake Delhomme team from what I've seen lately.

Posted

I just don't see us wasting a FA or Draft pick on a TE. We have 3 very good ones. I think they all have great hands and just need to work on their blocking skills some. We will focus on the defensive side of the ball. Especially DT, DE and depth.

Go Panthers

Posted

This years draft is waaaay too deep at TE to justify getting a high priced FA.

Posted

Our ends weren't probowl level, but they weren't the reason we lost any games, their perimeter blocking was superb at times this year.

Posted

What's the point? Our QB throws to 1 WR and sometimes the #2 WR, but beyond that he doesn't look anywhere else. Not worth the money.

Posted

decent blocker? King's a great blocker. What games have you been watching? I would not let him go.

Posted

Waiting for it......

Gates for Peppers.......

wow not one of those yet?

Posted

King is certainly good enough that if we put the normal tender on him, somebody would ****** him up (5th rounder). Therefore the 2nd round tender has to be put on him since there is nothing in between.

Posted

decent blocker? King's a great blocker. What games have you been watching? I would not let him go.

King also has pretty solid hands. The beef about him here is that he gets no yards after the catch. That has improved a little, but you know, so what? He needs to be used in goal line and running situations more than anything, we have two other guys to play passes in the middle of the field, (a little simplistic and not good for other teams to pick up on but that's the gist)...