Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ahhh Democrats...

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I pay mine.

Posted · Report post

nothing new under the sun

Posted · Report post

Politicians are untrustworthy?

Stop the presses!

Posted · Report post

Democrat: I made a mistake

Republican: SLANTS AND LIES FROM THE LIBERAL MEDIA!!!

Of course, as P_L's pointed out, they really had it out for Trent Lott.

Posted · Report post

Why is O putting him in charge of Health care stuff when he has Worked for healthcare companies ?

That is dissapointing.

Posted · Report post

Why is O putting him in charge of Health care stuff when he has Worked for healthcare companies ?

That is dissapointing.

My guess would be as a political favor.

Unfortunately you can't get by picking all your staff on basis of merit.

Posted · Report post

That is dissapointing.

I am guessing because it would be hard to find someone with qualified knowledge of the industry without having worked in it.

The most important lobbyist ethics reform that Obama has made is that none of his people can quit and then go work for a lobbying firm and expect to work with the executive branch. That will throw a real wrench in the revolving door and people just looking to cash in on a long term lobbying job, using their govt job as their foot in the door.

Posted · Report post

I am guessing because it would be hard to find someone with qualified knowledge of the industry without having worked in it.

The most important lobbyist ethics reform that Obama has made is that none of his people can quit and then go work for a lobbying firm and expect to work with the executive branch. That will throw a real wrench in the revolving door and people just looking to cash in on a long term lobbying job, using their govt job as their foot in the door.

Dont get smug with me.:P

It just doesn't sit well that the guy has been paid to do speeches and whatnot for these companies, and know is in line to help make policy for those companies.

Posted · Report post

One one hand he knows a lot about the way the system works so he can probably get more done than some "outsider".

On the other, an outsider would be able to take a fresh look at the situation.

I am on the fence on him here, but given the complexity of the situation and the hue and cry that is sure to happen for every small change to the health care system, maybe an experienced navigator of the players involved is the more important attribute.

Posted · Report post

Democrat: I want you to listen to me. I did NOT...HAVE...SEX....with that woman....

Fixed

Posted · Report post

“Make no mistake, tax cheaters cheat us all, and the IRS should enforce our laws to the letter. ” Sen. Tom Daschle, Congressional Record, May 7, 1998, p. S4507.

Oh, maybe he meant to insert "except me and other Democrats" after "tax cheaters."