Photo
- - - - -

Ahhh Democrats...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

Do as we say, not as we do. They want you to pay more taxes, even though they don't pay their taxes themselves...

http://news.yahoo.co...e/daschle_taxes

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:00 AM

I pay mine.

#3 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

nothing new under the sun

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

Politicians are untrustworthy?

Stop the presses!

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

Democrat: I made a mistake
Republican: SLANTS AND LIES FROM THE LIBERAL MEDIA!!!

Of course, as P_L's pointed out, they really had it out for Trent Lott.

#6 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,587 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

Why is O putting him in charge of Health care stuff when he has Worked for healthcare companies ?

That is dissapointing.

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

Why is O putting him in charge of Health care stuff when he has Worked for healthcare companies ?

That is dissapointing.

My guess would be as a political favor.

Unfortunately you can't get by picking all your staff on basis of merit.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

That is dissapointing.

I am guessing because it would be hard to find someone with qualified knowledge of the industry without having worked in it.

The most important lobbyist ethics reform that Obama has made is that none of his people can quit and then go work for a lobbying firm and expect to work with the executive branch. That will throw a real wrench in the revolving door and people just looking to cash in on a long term lobbying job, using their govt job as their foot in the door.

#9 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,587 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

I am guessing because it would be hard to find someone with qualified knowledge of the industry without having worked in it.

The most important lobbyist ethics reform that Obama has made is that none of his people can quit and then go work for a lobbying firm and expect to work with the executive branch. That will throw a real wrench in the revolving door and people just looking to cash in on a long term lobbying job, using their govt job as their foot in the door.

Dont get smug with me.:P

It just doesn't sit well that the guy has been paid to do speeches and whatnot for these companies, and know is in line to help make policy for those companies.

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:21 AM

One one hand he knows a lot about the way the system works so he can probably get more done than some "outsider".

On the other, an outsider would be able to take a fresh look at the situation.

I am on the fence on him here, but given the complexity of the situation and the hue and cry that is sure to happen for every small change to the health care system, maybe an experienced navigator of the players involved is the more important attribute.

#11 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

Democrat: I want you to listen to me. I did NOT...HAVE...SEX....with that woman....

Fixed

#12 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

“Make no mistake, tax cheaters cheat us all, and the IRS should enforce our laws to the letter. ” Sen. Tom Daschle, Congressional Record, May 7, 1998, p. S4507.

Oh, maybe he meant to insert "except me and other Democrats" after "tax cheaters."

#13 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

Once again idiots take the stage. It takes a special kind of stupid to think that a man who makes millions of dollars a year and is in the public spotlight all the time would try to avoid paying such a small sum (for him) in taxes by breaking the law.

Unless he just wants to give dumb people something to whine about.

#14 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

Once again idiots take the stage. It takes a special kind of stupid to think that a man who makes millions of dollars a year and is in the public spotlight all the time would try to avoid paying such a small sum (for him) in taxes by breaking the law.

HAHAHAHA! When your team is full of cheats and corruption, you make excuse after excuse...When the other side does it...CRUCIFY!

At least for most of us republicans, we agree that they should be charged if a crime has been committed, and removed from power if impropriety has been proven. All a dem has to do is apologize for being a crook and you guys orgasm!

#15 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

Idiots definitely have taken the stage ... Obama's nominees for appointments and those who see absolutely no problem with them not paying their taxes, unless and until they get caught up in having to come clean to get their shiny new appointments.

Explain, please, how he managed to keep from paying "such a small sum" until now, if his public spotlight has been so bright up until now?

Man, talk about idiots.

BTW -- I owe a piddly amount of back taxes, and the IRS doesn't let me forget it for one second!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com