Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unicar15

NFC Scout on Gabbert

165 posts in this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BB0mwOBMg&feature=related

this is from 2009, but I see some mechanical problems. For one, he throws off his back foot a lot, when his momentum is moving away from the LOS. Overthrows the fade several times, perhaps on purpose due to coverage, but the fade is a pass if thrown well, separates the WR from the coverage. Good arm strength, but the accuracy was not great in 2009. Rather quick release on many throws. Based on this film, he is a 3rd rounder. Of course it was filmed over a year ago.

It's worth noting that he missed his senior year of High School because of injuries so he is further behing than most. I've only seen him play once in the bowl game recently and he play very well. Big arm, good accuarcy, mobile. Reminds me a lot of Josh Freeman.

Wes Bunting from National football post on Blaine Gabbert:

Why all the Blaine Gabbert hype?...

Is limited to reading more of just one side of the field, isn’t a guy who routinely is able to scan his way across the entire field and find his secondary options. Has a tendency to drop his eye level far too quickly if there is nothing on with his initial read and will flush himself easily from the pocket backward and toward the opposite side, instead of remaining balanced and stepping up into the pocket, which really takes away from his throwing options.

Sounds like Clausen v.2 to me

Gabbert isn't the guy. Spread offense and he can only put up 16 TD's, that is pathetic. 24 the year before, again not impressive in a spread offense at all. Two games this year he had a completion rating in the 40's. The guy stunk in his bowl game.

This guy is not worth #1 and we would be reaching badly if we took him.

Blaine?

BLAINE?

He sounds like someone you'd meet on a beach in SoCal and want to immediately punch in the face...

No thanks... We don't need a QB THAT bad...

Awesome, well thought out reasons for not wanting Gabbert in this thread.

Fans need to quit reaching for a QB to find with the #1 pick, there isn't one worth it. There isn't one offensive player worth it.

The best thing to do is TRADE DOWN!

Fans need to quit reaching for a QB to find with the #1 pick, there isn't one worth it. There isn't one offensive player worth it.

The best thing to do is TRADE DOWN!

I concur

Does this look familiar?

Notice the rollout, the collapse of the pocket, and the end result...

Sounds like Clausen v.2 to me

Except for the part about Gabbert being big, athletic and having a strong arm.