Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In 2009: Panthers the 4th most dangerous team...

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Not saying that you're wrong, but why do you think there would be such a big drop? Stagnation?

we are going to play much better teams next year, and the issues that were our downfall this season (terrible defensive line, coaching on the defensive side of the ball) will still be there.

Posted · Report post

I'm all for being optimistic, but we will be returning a very average and declining QB. We also have the same head coach, who seemingly did little or nothing about one the worst defensive game plans ever devised. We have talent and should be a .500 or slightly better team, but we're not going to be playing the game that matters with these pieces.

I just don't understand how everyone has given up on Jake simply because of one game... some may say their judgement isn't from only one game, but those doubters never recognize that the team went 7-9 without Jake last year, or how many times (many) Jake has saved the game, or energized the team to win. It isn't raw talent that keeps Jake on this team, nor has it ever been. Jake brings a great deal of determination, fire, and leadership to the team... and for that he is a great quarterback. The Carolina Panthers offense is a ground defense... with two spectacular weapons that will only get better. As long as the defense is strong and Jake does his part, this is a very good team.

Posted · Report post

we are going to play much better teams next year, and the issues that were our downfall this season (terrible defensive line, coaching on the defensive side of the ball) will still be there.

And starring opposite Jim Carey in "Yes Man" is Fiz with the "No Man". :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

It's the off season and at this time of year I will accept nothing less than 19-0. :D

This year we broke the "last to first" that was happening in the NFC South. Next year we break the "first to last" myth.

Posted · Report post

I can see us being really dangerous. Teams with lots of talent that are searching for their first win often are. :)

Posted · Report post

I just don't understand how everyone has given up on Jake simply because of one game... some may say their judgement isn't from only one game, but those doubters never recognize that the team went 7-9 without Jake last year, or how many times (many) Jake has saved the game, or energized the team to win. It isn't raw talent that keeps Jake on this team, nor has it ever been. Jake brings a great deal of determination, fire, and leadership to the team... and for that he is a great quarterback. The Carolina Panthers offense is a ground defense... with two spectacular weapons that will only get better. As long as the defense is strong and Jake does his part, this is a very good team.

See: the Oakland Raiders game. Im not giving up on him completely. But it is time to start looking elsewhere. The rest of your comments are pretty spot on, however.

Posted · Report post

Well, no one is going to mistake you for being an optimist amidst the coming personnel changes, another year of experience under the young'ns' belts, and the arrival of Meeks.

To me, it's just too early to make any kind of judgments. But I can understand your outlook.

Posted · Report post

have you seen the teams we face next year.....lol

The rest of the division has to play the same teams as us (besides: Minny and Arizona) And who knows who steps up in those 2 divisions...well see...

We need to wait to at least see what we do in the off-season first though.

Posted · Report post

If we make it through this tough season in the playoffs

With game after game we make adjustments when needed and no heavy weaknesses that will get exposed

We can make it to the Superbowl, real talk

We had a good season, but it was a lot of times we're win or lose, a lot of people was frustrated

Posted · Report post

It's the off season and at this time of year I will accept nothing less than 19-0. :D

This year we broke the "last to first" that was happening in the NFC South. Next year we break the "first to last" myth.

I just wish that's what Fox strived for...not 3-1 every quarter

Posted · Report post

with the current o-line, the running back tandem in place, steve smith, and jon beason, we will be a solid football team....somewhere in the 8-12 win total...imo

Posted · Report post

With the talent that we have there's no way we're going to be any worse than .500. No one else in our divison is very impressive, so we'll have a legitimate shot at getting back to the playoffs, bad coaching or not. Our offense will be one of the best in the NFC, and if Meeks can get some consistency on the defense then we'll be fine.