• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

I'll say it again..its always nice to have the 5 star guys but unless you are a state or wake fan you have no idea what is going on in the respective programs. For instance...word out of the NCSU camp is that our Scout team offensive line is better than the line that we started last year because it is full of guys that have been redshirted. We have two legit QBs, one of the best WR corps in the ACC, and some other really nice options on the bench as well. I'm sure that Wake is in the same boat...we got our good classes in for 07 and 08. We had a down year in 09 but we didn't really have any holes to fill. And the holes that we did need to fill such as CB we filled with solid players..

Well, then, I guess that says it all...No need for anyone else to show up next year as NCS has the league title all locked up.

I guess RW was just a small part of the overall team success and that even if he never returns to full speed after the knee injury, State will roll anyway as they have too much talent and depth for the rest of the conference.

#32 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

You know what i find funny? State has signed NO ONE in the top 100.

#33 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Bama = #1 Rivals.com class.

#34 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

On a serious note state brought in some talented guys for 3 stars so it's not an all bad class for them but comparing it to ours is ludicrous. Half of our class is graded higher than or equal to states highest rated prospect.

#35 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

Doesn't Butch Davis have about 20 more career victories as a college HC, than TOB? I don't get where all this evidence is that TOB gets more out of his players. BD was winning at Miami after they had lost 31 freakin scholarships, so why should we believe that he can't coach his kids up? I don't get it.

#36 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,777 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

So now we are comparing the areas where Butch and TOB used to recruit? Yeah theres also a reason why UCF and USF dont completely blow....theres always players in FL. Typical logic from a Walmart UNC fan lol

#37 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

So now we are comparing the areas where Butch and TOB used to recruit? Yeah theres also a reason why UCF and USF dont completely blow....theres always players in FL. Typical logic from a Walmart UNC fan lol

So when he had to do without those 31 scholarships,you don't think he had to do some coaching to still field a winning team?

Typical tractor driver.:rolleyes:

#38 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

'

doesn't USF accept non-qualifying players??

#39 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:05 AM

There is plenty of talent in NC, SC, GA, and VA, and TOB had plenty of talent to choose from in the North East as well. Don't give me excuses.

Anyway, if you read Unicar's posts, he makes it sound like every recruit that comes to NC State is a sleeper that only TOB could spot. Get real.

#40 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:41 AM

You know what i find funny? State has signed NO ONE in the top 100.

I mean I didn't think I needed to say it again but I guess I do...Most of our past classes are redshirted and will be playing this year and next. We signed guys this year to fill holes for next few years. We targeted mostly big guys and DBs...we got a good DB in Jarvis Byrd and a bunch of mammoths to put on either side of the line. Personally I don't care if they are 3, 4, or 5 star guys because they aren't going to play this year anyways...so who knows how good they will be with multiple years on the bench. Stars matter not to me when we get players like Manny Lawson, Nate Irving, Oliver Hoyte, John McCargo, Stephen Tulloch, Tank Tyler, and Alan--Michael Cash who were all 2 star and 3 star players (and either play in the NFL or will be playing in the NFL).

#41 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

I mean I didn't think I needed to say it again but I guess I do...Most of our past classes are redshirted and will be playing this year and next. We signed guys this year to fill holes for next few years. We targeted mostly big guys and DBs...we got a good DB in Jarvis Byrd and a bunch of mammoths to put on either side of the line. Personally I don't care if they are 3, 4, or 5 star guys because they aren't going to play this year anyways...so who knows how good they will be with multiple years on the bench. Stars matter not to me when we get players like Manny Lawson, Nate Irving, Oliver Hoyte, John McCargo, Stephen Tulloch, Tank Tyler, and Alan--Michael Cash who were all 2 star and 3 star players (and either play in the NFL or will be playing in the NFL).

aren't most if not all of these Amato's players??? That is one thing about Amato, he could see talent just couldn't coach talent......Boy how I miss that man

#42 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,777 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:13 AM

You got Amato's clone in Butch lol

#43 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

You got Amato's clone in Butch lol

:(

I honestly can't argue that right now....Hopefully I can in the future

#44 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

:(

I honestly can't argue that right now....Hopefully I can in the future

I can. Most of Butch's recruits in Miami were not nationally highly ranked recruits. If you'll remember he didn't have a 10 win season until his 3rd year there as well. Guys like Ed Reed and Johnathan Vilma were only 3 or 4 stars.

#45 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

I can. Most of Butch's recruits in Miami were not nationally highly ranked recruits. If you'll remember he didn't have a 10 win season until his 3rd year there as well. Guys like Ed Reed and Johnathan Vilma were only 3 or 4 stars.

i could be wrong, but I thought Butch didn't have a 10 win season until his last year, which he had either James or Mcgahee who were both 5 star rbs

and Vilma was still rated in the top 100 while Reed was right outside of the 150 prospects in the nation

Edited by Tweeder, 05 February 2009 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com