193 replies to this topic

#16 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

Now, as much as we disagree on Clausen....i agree. I don't question his work ethic or passion for football. He is an overachiever imo.

my only question is if he has reached a level where simply working hard and wanting it aren't enough to overcome what he lacks in just raw talent and intangibles.

I know Clausen will be at Notre Dame all semester. I hope whoever he works w/ and wherever it is....it doesn't involve the people from his past.

He appears to just be missing the intangibles, something said about him before he came out of Notre Dame.

#17 GoHeels74

GoHeels74

Thank You TJ!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

well you gotta admit it is sad that tj is your best qb ever

Hey it's not like UNC is a football powerhouse. I know what we are and that's a basketball school. Our football program is getting better under Butch Davis but no elite high school QB's are going to come to UNC. They all go to the big football schools like USC, Florida, Ohio State, Alabama and Texas. If TJ had played his whole career like he did his senior year you wouldn't think it's all that sad. Dude was amazing last year.

#18 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hey it's not like UNC is a football powerhouse. I know what we are and that's a basketball school. Our football program is getting better under Butch Davis but no elite high school QB's are going to come to UNC. They all go to the big football schools like USC, Florida, Ohio State, Alabama and Texas. If TJ had played his whole career like he did his senior year you wouldn't think it's all that sad. Dude was amazing last year.

you guys got a 4* Qb coming in this year, i would consider that pretty good

#19 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

Good, maybe he can make an improvement from year 1 to 2 like he did at ND.

#20 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

Good, maybe he can make an improvement from year 1 to 2 like he did at ND.

I hope we get to play Army next year

#21 GoHeels74

GoHeels74

Thank You TJ!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Yeah I was very excited when we got Williams. Not sure if he'll redshirt with Renner in line to start. Like I said our football program is getting better. I can't remember but I think Yates was a 2* recruit from the Bunting era. He probably had as good a career at UNC as he could've had.

#22 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Bryn Renner was also a 4 star QB in his class, should have a nice Competition between him and Williams. Really excited to see what Gio can do (hopefully he stays healthy this season)

#23 GoHeels74

GoHeels74

Thank You TJ!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Bryn Renner was also a 4 star QB in his class, should have a nice Competition between him and Williams. Really excited to see what Gio can do (hopefully he stays healthy this season)

I forgot about Gio. With Houston coming back and we might possibly land Savon Huggins we'll be stacked at RB for years to come.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,538 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

Clausen is going to do whatever it takes to become a decent NFL QB. He's more than got the passion and work ethic.

The big question is, can he become the leader he needs to be to be good or great?

I don't question his work ethic at all, but sadly, not everyone who works hard becomes great :(

#25 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

hijacked thread is hijacked

#26 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Nothin like a basketball school that blows at basketball :)

Jk, it's been a rough couple years for the heels. They'll bounce back though.

#27 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

I don't question his work ethic at all, but sadly, not everyone who works hard becomes great :(

No truer statement, however due to this he will be at worst a very good back up quarterback. So many players in the league just don't have that drive and are complete wastes. His effort and passion will at least give us a role player.

#28 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,764 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

UNC...you mean the school where the Bball coach hates the fans and the football coach hates the colors? Lets stay on the subject please.

#29 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

And that's the whole point behind my comment on his leadership ability. NFL Rosters are littered with guys who have physical tools, but it takes a special kind of personality to make a difference late when the game is on the line.

#30 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,556 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Well Im glade he is showing a good work ethic. Hopefully he can learn and be better this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com