#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,490 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

Hurney's comments on WFNZ this morning made me think they will probably bring Moore back.

Rivera has mentioned him in both his recent radio interviews too.

#17 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

Matt's not really a worse pick than most of the FA QBs out there and I'd rather have damaged Panther goods than damaged "other team" goods. Draft AJ Green and I'd be happy with Moore starting backed up by Clausen again. No drama, still young, knows the players and the players seem to like him. Plus I don't think Matt's beyond repair, as long as his surgery hasn't affected him. He's accurate, he's pretty smart, and he's got a good arm. He just needs more confidence under pressure and having Smith along with a guy like AJ Green may just give him that.

#18 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

I emailed with Moore and he told me that he has met with Rivera but that they didn't discuss contracts or anything like that because of the CBA. It's pretty cool that he wrote me back instead of the usual automatic fan response email.

Edited by OneBadassCat, 07 February 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#19 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

I hope we get Moore back, he need's another chance too IMO. That is cool badass, that Moore took the time to email you back. Not many would do that.

#20 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,377 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:24 AM

Personally, I'd really like to see Matt come back in and start, that is of course he proves worthy. Let Jimmy be his second pair of eyes. :eek:

#21 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,506 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

I hope we get Moore back, he need's another chance too IMO. That is cool badass, that Moore took the time to email you back. Not many would do that.

cause we all know that matt moore is burdened with hundreds of thousands of emails.

#22 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

cause we all know that matt moore is burdened with hundreds of thousands of emails.

It's not the quantity but the fact that he answered an email from someone he doesn't know or owe anything to. It's just a nice thing to do. After getting booed at home week 2 of the season by a bunch of idiotic fans, he shouldn't answer any emails and let us suffer with Clausen, but he's a nicer person than me.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

i wonder if TRD would have made a thread about this if it had been clausen and not the object of his every desire that had done it.

#24 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

I was just suprised Moore emailed badass back, don't know many pro football player's who would do that, that's all. TRD's got the idea.

#25 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

If Moore is smart he will try to get on with another team. Clausen wont be going anywhere and we will be picking up another QB. So that leaves one spot for either Moore or Pike. Moore could go somewhere else and have a better chance of making the team if not starting in the right organization.

#26 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

If Moore is smart he will try to get on with another team. Clausen wont be going anywhere and we will be picking up another QB. So that leaves one spot for either Moore or Pike. Moore could go somewhere else and have a better chance of making the team if not starting in the right organization.

I think he will do just that. I think he will look to where he has a chance to start next year, then if nothing comes up look to where he can be a backup, with here being his first choice for both since he likes it here.

If neither of those two prevail, he'll take whatever he can get.

It's not that impossible that he starts here next year.

#27 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

i wonder if TRD would have made a thread about this if it had been clausen and not the object of his every desire that had done it.

We'll never know unless Clausen does something like this right?

#28 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

I think he will do just that. I think he will look to where he has a chance to start next year, then if nothing comes up look to where he can be a backup, with here being his first choice for both since he likes it here.

If neither of those two prevail, he'll take whatever he can get.

It's not that impossible that he starts here next year.

there are a number of teams looking for quarterbacks, so he may get a shot... but he is coming off an injury and struggled last year regardless of the reason.

he's got a shot to start some place... even here... and I don't think anyone is really going to give him a commitment at starting, but I could be wrong. I think he has a good shot here if we don't draft anyone. If we do, I think he'll be better off looking elsewhere and I think he will.

Edit; That's not to say a rookie could beat him out - just that I think because of roster spots, the Panthers would bring in some kind of "seasoned veteran" in addition to their younger dudes, and you know it's unlikely they give up on Clausen so...

#29 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

there are a number of teams looking for quarterbacks, so he may get a shot... but he is coming off an injury and struggled last year regardless of the reason.

he's got a shot to start some place... even here... and I don't think anyone is really going to give him a commitment at starting, but I could be wrong. I think he has a good shot here if we don't draft anyone. If we do, I think he'll be better off looking elsewhere and I think he will.

Edit; That's not to say a rookie could beat him out - just that I think because of roster spots, the Panthers would bring in some kind of "seasoned veteran" in addition to their younger dudes, and you know it's unlikely they give up on Clausen so...

I never said someone was going to commit to him starting, just somewhere where he can compete.

He's used to doing that, unlike some other QBs

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

I never said someone was going to commit to him starting, just somewhere where he can compete.

He's used to doing that, unlike some other QBs

yeah, I just misunderstood what you meant.

I think he has a real good chance of ending up here though. Wouldn't be so bad to go into next year with some superveteran, Clausen, and Moore. Moore honestly seems like someone who could do well with what Chud did in Cleveland, and from the way the organization is talking, they are almost expecting him back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.