Photo
- - - - -

JR condescending to Peyton Manning during CBA meeting?

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#1 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Listen to Jay Feeley's comments at 11:30:

http://cdn16.castfir...://twitter.com/

#2 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Just saw that on twitter and listened to it...and to be honest if there is any shred of truth to that then I'm making a case for support of the players. Again, if this is true, its obvious that the owners know that they are in a win-win situation and are abusing it...they don't even seem to care about negotiating but simply getting exactly what they want.

#3 The Total Package

The Total Package

Television Champion

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Why are people storming out of meetings acting like they have pms. Be businessmen and get a deal done. This is ridiculous on both sides.

#4 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

If this is true, then I'm disappointed in JR. It's one thing to argue your position, but there's no need to be condescending.

Edited by CatMan72, 13 February 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#5 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,377 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

Based on his infamous press conference last month I can totally see JR saying something like that... it's a shame. He's continuing to come off as a bitter old man.

#6 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

"Do i need to help you read a revenue chart, son?"

I continue to lose respect for our owner.

#7 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

Not to mention being condescending to one of the best QB's of all time, a guy that personally makes millions upon millions for the owner. I don't get it...I just hope his actions don't rub players the wrong way and affect their decisions to come here in the future.

#8 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

I love to see that JR still has some fire left in him. I just wish he would apply that to our football team. Use that passion to build a winning franchise, not to make a few more bucks off the players

#9 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

Not to mention being condescending to one of the best QB's of all time, a guy that personally makes millions upon millions for the owner. I don't get it...I just hope his actions don't rub players the wrong way and affect their decisions to come here in the future.

The thing is, as good as Manning is, football was here before him, and it will go on without him at some point. Plus, he can be a smartass himself, so who cares if JR hurt his feelings?

I can understand where the owners are coming from. What other business makes about 90% of their employees multi millionaires? Even practice squad players in the NFL make 5 figures and get free health care, and they're complaining? The only thing I have any sympathy for, is the 18 game season. I do believe the owners should bend on that one.

#10 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

What other business makes about 90% of their employees multi millionaires?

Yeah lets keep comparing the NFL to a car dealership

#11 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,582 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

So...did JR get an answer?

#12 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

"you're no Johnny U thats for sure! Dangnabbed rapscallions!"

#13 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:09 AM

Yeah lets keep comparing the NFL to a car dealership

That's my whole point...you can't compare the NFL to a regular business. There are millions of union workers out there making $60,000 a year or less who risk bodily harm and even death, in some cases, and they have to do it on a daily basis and well in to their 60's. So let's not pretend that these poor football players have it so rough.

Most of these guys couldn't have even gotten in to the colleges they played for, if not for football, yet they got a free college education and are making millions playing a damn game. They want more health care? Get a freakin job after football, and if they wasted all of their millions on cars, houses and hookers, or failed to get their free college degree, then that's their own damn fault.

#14 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

That's my whole point...you can't compare the NFL to a regular business. There are millions of union workers out there making $60,000 a year or less who risk bodily harm and even death, in some cases, and they have to do it on a daily basis and well in to their 60's. So let's not pretend that these poor football players have it so rough.

Most of these guys couldn't have even gotten in to the colleges they played for, if not for football, yet they got a free college education and are making millions playing a damn game. They want more health care? Get a freakin job after football, and if they wasted all of their millions on cars, houses and hookers, or failed to get their free college degree, then that's their own damn fault.

Neat...still no reason for Richardson's behavior.

#15 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

The thing is, as good as Manning is, football was here before him, and it will go on without him at some point. Plus, he can be a smartass himself, so who cares if JR hurt his feelings?

I can understand where the owners are coming from. What other business makes about 90% of their employees multi millionaires? Even practice squad players in the NFL make 5 figures and get free health care, and they're complaining? The only thing I have any sympathy for, is the 18 game season. I do believe the owners should bend on that one.

Maybe JR is mad as hell at the Mannings for the Luck thing, that's personal.

If the team was winning he wouldn't be complaining about money. None of his players jerseys are hot nationally anymore, that is a you problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com