Photo
- - - - -

JR condescending to Peyton Manning during CBA meeting?

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#571 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

Fug the owners, but damn the players! It's a shame that the owners do hold the better hand, but that's because players aren't smart enough to spend and invest their money wisely. They are too busy trying to live large, not realizing the reality of their situation. If thy would learn to live a little more humbly, have a little more humility, and spend more modestly then they could bring the owners to their knees by sitting out a couple of seasons, thereby making the owners realize that players are the reason that the NFL is the success that it is. But because players are so out of touch and unenlightened, they don't have the intelligence or the mettle to make the sacrifices that it takes in order to truly wield their power. The fact is is that the owners are greedy millionaires and billionaires who have come to the realization that they have the players by the balls because most of the players are living paycheck to paycheck, albeit on a richer scale than the rest of us.

Owners and players are living in a dream world that most of us will never see. The problem is that all of them have lost sight of reality after living in a world where money falls from the heavens like manna. All of these demigods should and could take a pay cut, and come back down to earth like the rest of us. They all have a relatively high quality of life, and could still afford a high quality of life---compared to the rest of us---even if they had to cut their salaries and revenues in half.

#572 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:18 AM

Kinda works both ways considering the Fans and Players need the owners or there would be no NFL and payers wouldn't be getting paid...

Just saying.

rep

it amazes me that some of our fans fail to realize and/or acknowledge this day after day.

and by "amazes" I mean "embarrasses but I've gotten used to it with Panther fanz"

#573 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

rep

it amazes me that some of our fans fail to realize and/or acknowledge this day after day.

and by "amazes" I mean "embarrasses but I've gotten used to it with Panther fanz"

You gave rep to a guy that got the chicken and egg theory backwards.....good job......it amazes me that fans fail to realize and/or acknowledge the fact that there are literally thousands of qualified multimillionaires who would gladly sign up to own an NFL team.

The fact is the owners are the most replacable piece to this puzzle. Ask the Bobcats. Nobody gives a rats arse about Bob Johnson anymore.....

If you lose the players, you lose the fans....if you lose the owners, you replace them with another money and power hungry owner. Owning a professional sports team is about prestige and power for an owner, its like owning a yacht. I live in Palm Beach and the majority of people who live east of North Federal Hwy could buy or actually do own a profession sports team. Owners are a dime a dozen. Players and fans are where the investment must be made.

Don't get me wrong, its great to have an owner like the Rooney, but you can't tell me that the 112,000 packer fans/owners aren't just as efficient as some wealthy fat cat sneering down his nose at the fans with his pie chart (2-14)

#574 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

If you lose the players, you lose the fans....if you lose the owners, you replace them with another money and power hungry owner. Owners are a dime a dozen. Players and fans are where the investment must be made.

)

gold medal conclusion jumping

http://t0.gstatic.co...YUaZhSFoMog&t=1

#575 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

gold medal conclusion jumping

Gold medal Richardson monkey.

Attached Files

#576 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

...if you lose the owners, you replace them with another money and power hungry owner.

OK, you are officially just talking to hear yourself talk.

#577 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

Gold medal Richardson monkey.

ok crazy, reign it back in. the you are all mindless sheep defense is very telling here.

You're position is not intelligently defensible and your opinion on the subject is clearly inane beyond anything I have ever read on this board which is ****** FULL of idiots. Now you are playing the party of the solely enlightened because you are a bit butt hurt and don't know where else to turn.

Give it up. There are plenty more capable players that real football fans will be happy to pay and see than the 1900 or so on and off rosters last year. The owners hold all the cards and the players know it. The only reason they are acting like they have any play at all is to hope and pray for mindless simpletons such as yourself to band with similarly warped schleprocks of the world and cry about corporate oppression all whilst drooling over the personal heros that are the celebrities of this sport. That is their entire vision of support in this clash. Yes. It is quite sad.

You represent the type of fan that this sport does not need and the type of person that is all that is wrong with the world today.

#578 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

OK, you are officially just talking to hear yourself talk.

Look at the list of current owners. Very few are original owners. Only 4 out of the 32 teams are still owned by the original owner and only 1 of those team was not added to the league since 1993, meaning only the Titans are held by their original owner. 5 teams are held by heirs to the original owner in some capacity, meaning part owner or member of franchise. 22 out of 32 teams have changed ownership in the last 30 years. I'd say that 69% turnover is a rather high number. Wouldn't you?

I find that very relevant.

Franchise Owner Year 
Arizona Cardinals Bill Bidwill 1972*
Atlanta Falcons Arthur Blank† 2004*
Baltimore Ravens Steve Bisciotti† 2004*
Buffalo Bills Ralph Wilson** 1960
Carolina Panthers Jerry Richardson††† ** 1993
Chicago Bears Virginia Halas McCaskey† *** 1983
Cincinnati Bengals Mike Brown*** 1991
Cleveland Browns Randy Lerner *** 2002
Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones 1989
Denver Broncos Pat Bowlen† 1984
Detroit Lions William Clay Ford, Sr. 1964
Green Bay Packers Green Bay Packers, Inc. 1923
Houston Texans Robert C. McNair† ** 2002
Indianapolis Colts Jim Irsay 1997
Jacksonville Jaguars Wayne Weaver** 1993
Kansas City Chiefs Clark Hunt†† *** 2006
Miami Dolphins Stephen M. Ross† 2008
Minnesota Vikings Zygi Wilf† 2005
New England Patriots Robert Kraft 1994
New Orleans Saints Tom Benson 1985
New York Giants John Mara (50%)****
Steve Tisch (50%) 2005
New York Jets Robert Wood Johnson IV 2000
Oakland Raiders Al Davis† 1976*
Philadelphia Eagles Jeffrey Lurie 1994
Pittsburgh Steelers Dan Rooney*** 1988
San Diego Chargers Alex Spanos† 1984*
San Francisco 49ers Denise DeBartolo York and John York 2000*
Seattle Seahawks Paul Allen 1997
St. Louis Rams Stan Kroenke 2010*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Malcolm Glazer 1995
Tennessee Titans Bud Adams** 1960
Washington Redskins Dan Snyder† 1999

† Majority owner, rather than outright owner.
†† The four children of Lamar Hunt split ownership of the Chiefs franchise into 25% shareholdings. Clark Hunt, being the Chairman of the Board, represents the Hunt Family in the ownership.
††† Former NFL Player
* Owner held stake prior to this date.
** Original owner of franchise.
*** Child/heir of original owner of franchise.
**** Grandchild/heir of heir of original owner of franchise.

#579 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

ok crazy, reign it back in. the you are all mindless sheep defense is very telling here.

You're position is not intelligently defensible and your opinion on the subject is clearly inane beyond anything I have ever read on this board which is ****** FULL of idiots. Now you are playing the party of the solely enlightened because you are a bit butt hurt and don't know where else to turn.

Give it up. There are plenty more capable players that real football fans will be happy to pay and see than the 1900 or so on and off rosters last year. The owners hold all the cards and the players know it. The only reason they are acting like they have any play at all is to hope and pray for mindless simpletons such as yourself to band with similarly warped schleprocks of the world and cry about corporate oppression all whilst drooling over the personal heros that are the celebrities of this sport. That is their entire vision of support in this clash. Yes. It is quite sad.

You represent the type of fan that this sport does not need and the type of person that is all that is wrong with the world today.

Keep sippin Richardson's juice son......I bet you enjoyed the XFL too.....keep sippin and you'll be enjoying it next season.....Richardson will throw you a banana soon.....I promise.

Attached Files

#580 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

owner turnover has nothing to do with anything. especially considering the changes the league has gone through in terms of media access and popularity

riddel is on drugs

#581 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

Keep sippin Richardson's juice son......I bet you enjoyed the XFL too.....keep sippin and you'll be enjoying it next season.....Richardson will throw you a banana soon.....I promise.

xfl, cfl are not relevant when there is nfl dumbass

whatever the nfl fields people will watch. they will complain and whine and bitch and moan but they will watch. You know it, JR knows it and Demaurice Smith knows it. No amount of Al Sharpton grandstanding and Jesse Jackson flag waving is gonna change it

#582 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:45 AM

The list of people who can afford a team is one thing and then there's the fact that owning an NFL team is not exactly the best investment in terms of return. These guys do it because they love the game or love their egos but certainly not because it's the best thing to put their money into.

Turnover rate shmurnover rate....the turnover rate for players is 100%.

#583 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

The list of people who can afford a team is one thing and then there's the fact that owning an NFL team is not exactly the best investment in terms of return. These guys do it because they love the game or love their egos but certainly not because it's the best thing to put their money into.

Turnover rate shmurnover rate....the turnover rate for players is 100%.

Cool. So we agree. Owning an NFL team isn't about pie charts and "rebanue", it's about status. Someone please tell Richardson to sell his yacht if he can no longer afford it. Thanks

#584 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

xfl, cfl are not relevant when there is nfl dumbass

whatever the nfl fields people will watch. they will complain and whine and bitch and moan but they will watch. You know it, JR knows it and Demaurice Smith knows it. No amount of Al Sharpton grandstanding and Jesse Jackson flag waving is gonna change it

If you replace the NFL players, then you're left with the XFL, CFL and what ever other FL you like......that's all...you're cut off.

#585 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

If you replace the NFL players, then you're left with the XFL, CFL and what ever other FL you like......that's all...you're cut off.

LMFAOA riddel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.