#1 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi envisions the Panthers finally dealing Steve Smith this offseason, pending a CBA agreement.
Lombari suggests Smith to the Patriots for a second-round pick as a good fit for both sides. The contending Pats need an outside/downfield threat at receiver while the rebuilding Panthers should be getting their hands on as many draft picks as possible. It just so happens that New England holds Carolina's second-rounder after the Panthers' ill-advised trade for Armanti Edwards last year. It's a deal that makes sense, at least on paper.

Rotoworld

I think this would be a great deal

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,540 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

Can't wait for that to go down.
I love a good board implosion.

#3 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

I don't see New England doing this, they could just as easily sign Santana Moss and keep the pick.

#4 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Throwing poo on the wall to see what sticks.

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,157 posts

Hurney's ineptitude made concrete. Let's trade smith for Edwards! yay!

#6 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,642 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

If there is no cba it is a moot point.

#7 D34Williams

D34Williams

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Smitty retires a Panther. Promise.

#8 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

So practically trade Steve Smith for Armanti Edwards? BRILLIANT!

Not

#9 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,716 posts

I'd hate to see it but a 2nd rounder would be pretty clutch right now and he would instantly be a monster there and much happier I'm sure

#10 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,716 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

So practically trade Steve Smith for Armanti Edwards? BRILLIANT!

Not

ahahah, i didnt think of it that way. At least these fools didnt trade this no 1 pick for jimmy clausen last year, they tried their best

#11 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

Our pressing needs are DT, Guard and Qb. We should be able to get an alright DT and Guard through FA. I know the common belief is that a team that finishes 2-14 must need massive upgrades at every position, so they should trade any player they have that has any kind of value in an attempt to get more draft picks, but I don't think that's the case with us.

Only trade Smith if he truly is unhappy and wants out. If not, keep him, he probably still has another two good years left. Just need our qb to learn how to hit a wr that's a little bit smaller than the other Wrs on the team. Clausen looked too scared to even attempt throwing the ball to Smith most of the time.

#12 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurney better pull his head out of his #ss and take a deep breath of fresh air. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT????? TO THE PATS OF ALL TEAM'S.

#13 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,387 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

Smitty's my favorite player and I'd hate to see him go, but with the bad press were getting now and going to get in the future, a 2nd rounder is looking pretty good right now. We're going to need all the draft picks we can get, considering it will probably be hard for us to attract free agents. We're going to really have to build through the draft. This is all moot anyways, because I doubt we could get a 2nd for Smitty.

#14 setzer2030

setzer2030

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

I love Smitty but if this happened it wouldn't be a bad thing. We would have the #1 pick and the 33rd pick that everyone has been bitching about. At this point I think Steve deserves a chance to win a championship and he doesn't have too many years left. If he has a horrible year people are gonna be complaining that we didn't take the pats up on their offer. In retrospect I would've much rather taken the 2nd round pick the pats offered for Peppers instead of paying him $1 million per game.

#15 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

I love Smitty but if this happened it wouldn't be a bad thing. We would have the #1 pick and the 33rd pick that everyone has been bitching about. At this point I think Steve deserves a chance to win a championship and he doesn't have too many years left. If he has a horrible year people are gonna be complaining that we didn't take the pats up on their offer. In retrospect I would've much rather taken the 2nd round pick the pats offered for Peppers instead of paying him $1 million per game.

Not so fast.

Pats have more than one 2nd round pick.

What makes you think they qould give us the #33 overall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com