Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should he have prayed?

103 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm sure there were alot of passengers on that airplane praying. Not specific to this thread, but it's truly amazing how much disrespect is thrown at religious folks. I say a quick prayer before every flight I take, which is almost on a weekly basis.

Thank God the right pilot and crew were onboard that flight.

Posted · Report post

Get over yourself. Daring to ask a question about a belief is not disrespect.

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure the crew and passengers are glad he was paying attention to getting the plane down safely, and not praying at that moment.

Posted · Report post

Did I point you out specifically Zod?

I don't mock your worship of Obama.

Posted · Report post

If I may speak for Zod, his point was...when in trouble, should you just give up and start praying to a higher power to save you, or should you keep your eye on the ball and let your own wits save you.

It had nothing to do with the people in the back of the plane.

Posted · Report post

So were those geese the devils minions?

Personally I'm glad the pilot didn't pray....there were probably so many things he had to go through to successfully land a plane in the water. I can bet everything I own (this bag of chips) that a large % of the passengers were praying to whatever deity they beleive in...like they do before any plane crash. They just happened to be able to walk away from this one...

Posted · Report post

If I may speak for Zod, his point was...when in trouble, should you just give up and start praying to a higher power to save you, or should you keep your eye on the ball and let your own wits save you.

Do I want a pilot that lets go of the stick, throws his hands in the air, and says "It's God's will!!!" ?

Hell no.

Posted · Report post

Whats the old saying ? God helps those who first help themselves ?

I'm sure no one was praying on that plane. Nope no one at all.:smilielol5:

Posted · Report post

*sigh*

Should have known better

Posted · Report post

Yep.

Posted · Report post

That old saying sure comes in handy for some reason. It reminds me of the old witchcraft "spell" that makes you money - put a jar in a room under a witchcraft sign, and whenever you walk by it put in whatever change you have and say some witchy spell, and POOF! soon you will have A JAR FULL OF MONEY!

Posted · Report post

You're right. I fully expect the southern baptist convention to form a lynching mob any day now to go after him.

Poor guy.

He had a chance to be political and lie (like quite a few people do), but he told the truth, a truth that might disappoint more than a few folks.