Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Should he have prayed?

104 posts in this topic

And here we go again. I dont guess anyone else on that plane might have been praying when it was going down. There is no way to answer this without ridicule like always. Thanks again for starting another thread about how prayer is stupid, people who pray are stupid, blah, blah, blah. Im glad you guys have nothing else to talk about.

Um, I believe I started the thread with legitimate questions that can have multiple points of view , and never labeled any of them as stupid. Not sure why you would conclude that praying is stupid.

I'm sure there were alot of passengers on that airplane praying. Not specific to this thread, but it's truly amazing how much disrespect is thrown at religious folks. I say a quick prayer before every flight I take, which is almost on a weekly basis.

Thank God the right pilot and crew were onboard that flight.

Get over yourself. Daring to ask a question about a belief is not disrespect.

I'm pretty sure the crew and passengers are glad he was paying attention to getting the plane down safely, and not praying at that moment.

Did I point you out specifically Zod?

I don't mock your worship of Obama.

If I may speak for Zod, his point was...when in trouble, should you just give up and start praying to a higher power to save you, or should you keep your eye on the ball and let your own wits save you.

It had nothing to do with the people in the back of the plane.

So were those geese the devils minions?

Personally I'm glad the pilot didn't pray....there were probably so many things he had to go through to successfully land a plane in the water. I can bet everything I own (this bag of chips) that a large % of the passengers were praying to whatever deity they beleive in...like they do before any plane crash. They just happened to be able to walk away from this one...

If I may speak for Zod, his point was...when in trouble, should you just give up and start praying to a higher power to save you, or should you keep your eye on the ball and let your own wits save you.

Do I want a pilot that lets go of the stick, throws his hands in the air, and says "It's God's will!!!" ?

Hell no.

Whats the old saying ? God helps those who first help themselves ?

I'm sure no one was praying on that plane. Nope no one at all.:smilielol5: