• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

That was a fun ending. Glad to see the Wood Brothers win, glad to see the rookie win, and glad they repaved the track.

#62 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Don't see how any of that was his fault.

Should've let the pack pass instead of driving right up back into a pack of cars. That was stupid by RG.

#63 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Way to go Bayne! Didn't think Labonte would have the power to push him. I wouldn't surprised if the extra sponsorship needed to get Bayne a full season came in now although he can't run for driver's points.

Edwards and Gilliland came out of no where.

#64 Uncle_tom's_cabin

Uncle_tom's_cabin

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

lol he don't know where to go.

#65 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

ANYONE but Both of the Busch bastages. absolutely ANYONE

fixed

#66 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

wins the 500 and isn't even old enough to celebrate it in public....thats kind of funny

#67 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,247 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Labonte would have been cool too

#68 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Don't see how any of that was his fault.

It was and it wasn't. It wasn't his fault that Stewart jumped in front of him causing him to check up and force him off the track, but when he decided to pull a stupid stunt of coming back onto the racing surface above the yellow line in the middle of a big pack of traffic, that was a stupid move.

Wood Bros.!!!!!!!!

Always loved that family racing team.

Damn straight. It's sad to see them limited to part time participants in NASCAR, but it was great to see them back in victory lane for the first time in 20 years. First time at Daytona since Pearson in 76. That is awesome!

#69 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

It was and it wasn't. It wasn't his fault that Stewart jumped in front of him causing him to check up and force him off the track, but when he decided to pull a stupid stunt of coming back onto the racing surface above the yellow line in the middle of a big pack of traffic, that was a stupid move.

Damn straight. It's sad to see them limited to part time participants in NASCAR, but it was great to see them back in victory lane for the first time in 20 years. First time at Daytona since Pearson in 76. That is awesome!

Roush is going to pluck Bayne out of that car and put it in one of his before the All-Star race.

#70 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,890 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

i will need to see bayne win on an oval track before i say he is the next dale earnhardt like most people are now

#71 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

It was a good race to me, i saw a few complaints about the racing due to the two car packs and between the leaders or whatever but i think there was some badass racing in the pack and i saw quite a few impressive saves..i enjoyed it, plus the race had rookie in his second start ends up winning by holding off the pack for like 6 laps , he also threw a nice block on edwards which was pretty cool.

What was really cool is seeing the famous 21 go back to victory lane with the wood brothers power and the same paint scheme david pearson ran.

I really wanted to see jpm win and he looked good on the 2nd gwc but he and kurt bush just lost the draft on the white flag lap, i was freakin bummed ... especially since he came back from 2 spins to contend for the win.

All in all good race, jr ran strong, kyle bush, edwards, regan or hamlin didn't win and nobody got hurt..

Can't wait for next weekend!

Edited by Mayor Qumiby, 20 February 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#72 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

It was a good race to me, i saw a few complaints about the racing due to the two car packs and between the leaders or whatever but i think there was some badass racing in the pack and i saw quite a few impressive saves..i enjoyed it, plus the race had rookie in his second start ends up winning by holding off the pack for like 6 laps , he also threw a nice block on edwards which was pretty cool.

What was really cool is seeing the famous 21 go back to victory lane with the wood brothers power and the same paint scheme david pearson ran.

I really wanted to see jpm win and he looked good on the 2nd gwc but he and kurt bush just lost the draft on the white flag lap, i was freakin bummed ... especially since he came back from 2 spins to contend for the win.

All in all good race, jr ran strong, kyle bush, edwards, regan or hamlin didn't win and nobody got hurt..

Can't wait for next weekend!

I kinda liked to two car drafting in today's race.

#73 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

i will need to see bayne win on an oval track before i say he is the next dale earnhardt like most people are now

Agreed. Nascar has had some one or two race wonders before. Lets see if he can run consistently. And as much as I enjoyed seeing them win today, running consistently in the Wood Bros car will be difficult.

Edited to add, I think you mean short track not oval. Daytona is an oval, well a trioval anyway.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 21 February 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#74 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

I loved the race. Plenty of racing even with the 2 car packs. It was exciting all the way through. Good for Bayne he drove his heart out today. Great way to start the season! Ready for Phoenix!

#75 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,890 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

hopefully bayne doesnt turn into a casey mears or brian vickers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com