• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

GM 1, Detroit schools 0. Irony 100.

Let me get this straight. State worker chooses on their own accord to work for the state. They read up on their benefits and retirement plan. They see they get comp time and can come to work with the Ebola virus hanging on their neck and any unused vacation time and get cash for that. But that's no good.

They get most of the same Federal Holidays as those greedy bastard bankers but that's no good.

Then many of them drive in state owned vehicles and they don't have to pay a dime out of pocket. But that's no good.

Can retire at a very young age, move across a state line and double dip and start working at that state WHILE getting the pension from the prior state but that too is no good.

So what is the state workers asking for? Also we our layering are debate here.

Wisconsin is much dif than NC in terms of what is on the table.

We can argue each state specifically if you want. Also for kicks. When was the last time the State of NC upated their funding allocation method for highways?

Or they can get a regular job and make a lot more money without having to deal with the state trying to cut his job every year.

Yes working for the state has benefits. It also has bad points. The world is not really knocking down the door for state jobs; usually they are boring and conducted in dull office buildings with budgets swinging wildly from year to year for whatever you are working on. Sure putting down asphalt for 30 years sounds glamourous...

Let me get this straight. State worker chooses on their own accord to work for the state. They read up on their benefits and retirement plan. They see they get comp time and can come to work with the Ebola virus hanging on their neck and any unused vacation time and get cash for that. But that's no good.

They get most of the same Federal Holidays as those greedy bastard bankers but that's no good.

Then many of them drive in state owned vehicles and they don't have to pay a dime out of pocket. But that's no good.

Can retire at a very young age, move across a state line and double dip and start working at that state WHILE getting the pension from the prior state but that too is no good.

So what is the state workers asking for? Also we our layering are debate here.

Wisconsin is much dif than NC in terms of what is on the table.

We can argue each state specifically if you want. Also for kicks. When was the last time the State of NC upated their funding allocation method for highways?

I'm not at all arguing one better than the other. I'm saying one can ask for tax dollars to cover losses while the other cannot. If only a handful of sectors of the economy get preferential treatment, everyone will eventually flock to those favored sectors, which makes for an unbalanced and fragile economy.