Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherfan81

Official 2011 NFL Combine Thread W/Schedule

121 posts in this topic

Per NFLDraft Scout Tweet

Lol & it begins lmao

I can't really blame Fox for that one. The Golden Calf of Bristol still has a lot of work to do as a passer. It's not easy to completely change the way you have been throwing a ball your whole life.

Per NFLDraft Scout Tweet

Lol & it begins lmao

Haha oh man I'm so glad that's over with here. It's much more fun to see that when it's not your head coach.

I can't really blame Fox for that one. The Golden Calf of Bristol still has a lot of work to do as a passer. It's not easy to completely change the way you have been throwing a ball your whole life.

I understand that, but I'm laughing more at the predictable comment than the situation lol

The people touting Quinn are the same people that compared Hilee Taylor to Dwight Freeney

The people touting Quinn are the same people that compared Hilee Taylor to Dwight Freeney

LOL, nobody ever compared Taylor to Freeney. I did compare him to "the predator" though, because he was really the prey for any decent LT. That was a no brainer.

Ron Rivera is going to be interviewed in a little bit on NFL Network. Should be interesting.

NFL Network Summary: Cam's fate will be determined by his ability to handle chalk talk. If he doesn't know his stuff, he will not be taken first, more than likely obviously. Commentators seemed to agree.

Lomardi says that the Panthers cannot afford to take a gamble on Newton. Nobody is saying that they should take him. Agreed that the comment about "icon" was potentially harmful. Nobody said it reflects confidence and a desirable attitude. They questioned his commitment to the rigors of playing NFL QB--"Will he commit to the team that commits to him?" Developmental project, will take time.

All agree that he will dazzle at the Combine.

Lombardi said (referring to Panthers) that Panthers should go DL because "they just don't make it to free agency." Said Panthers need blue chip players and should not trade down. Made a suh vs. McCoy comparison. Big difference. Mentioned DE and discussed Bowers and Quinn. Quinn getting a lot of respect.

Dukes said we should trade, that dropping 8 spots would still land a good player--suggested giving a deal below JJ trade chart value. Lomabardi thinks there will be no calls for the pick (Maytag repairman joke)/

u know we have a combine thread right?

u know we have a combine thread right?

No. I missed it. I will move this post. My bad.

its ok Ill merge it