#31 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

Per NFLDraft Scout Tweet

Lol & it begins lmao

I can't really blame Fox for that one. The Golden Calf of Bristol still has a lot of work to do as a passer. It's not easy to completely change the way you have been throwing a ball your whole life.

#32 D34Williams

D34Williams

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

Per NFLDraft Scout Tweet

Lol & it begins lmao

Haha oh man I'm so glad that's over with here. It's much more fun to see that when it's not your head coach.

#33 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

I can't really blame Fox for that one. The Golden Calf of Bristol still has a lot of work to do as a passer. It's not easy to completely change the way you have been throwing a ball your whole life.

I understand that, but I'm laughing more at the predictable comment than the situation lol

#34 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,756 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

The people touting Quinn are the same people that compared Hilee Taylor to Dwight Freeney

#35 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

The people touting Quinn are the same people that compared Hilee Taylor to Dwight Freeney

LOL, nobody ever compared Taylor to Freeney. I did compare him to "the predator" though, because he was really the prey for any decent LT. That was a no brainer.

#36 dougmick85

dougmick85

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

Ron Rivera is going to be interviewed in a little bit on NFL Network. Should be interesting.

#37 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

NFL Network Summary: Cam's fate will be determined by his ability to handle chalk talk. If he doesn't know his stuff, he will not be taken first, more than likely obviously. Commentators seemed to agree.

Lomardi says that the Panthers cannot afford to take a gamble on Newton. Nobody is saying that they should take him. Agreed that the comment about "icon" was potentially harmful. Nobody said it reflects confidence and a desirable attitude. They questioned his commitment to the rigors of playing NFL QB--"Will he commit to the team that commits to him?" Developmental project, will take time.

All agree that he will dazzle at the Combine.

Lombardi said (referring to Panthers) that Panthers should go DL because "they just don't make it to free agency." Said Panthers need blue chip players and should not trade down. Made a suh vs. McCoy comparison. Big difference. Mentioned DE and discussed Bowers and Quinn. Quinn getting a lot of respect.

Dukes said we should trade, that dropping 8 spots would still land a good player--suggested giving a deal below JJ trade chart value. Lomabardi thinks there will be no calls for the pick (Maytag repairman joke)/

#38 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,891 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

u know we have a combine thread right?

#39 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

u know we have a combine thread right?

No. I missed it. I will move this post. My bad.

#40 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,891 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

its ok Ill merge it

#41 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

NFL Network Update: Cam's fate will be determined by his ability to handle chalk talk. If he doesn't know his stuff, he will not be taken first, more than likely obviously. Commentators seemed to agree.

Lomardi says that the Panthers cannot afford to take a gamble on Newton. Nobody is saying that they should take him. Agreed that the comment about "icon" was potentially harmful. Nobody said it reflects confidence and a desirable attitude. They questioned his commitment to the rigors of playing NFL QB--"Will he commit to the team that commits to him?" Developmental project, will take time.

All agree that he will dazzle at the Combine.

Lombardi said (referring to Panthers) that Panthers should go DL because "they just don't make it to free agency." Said Panthers need blue chip players and should not trade down. Made a suh vs. McCoy comparison. Big difference. Mentioned DE and discussed Bowers and Quinn. Quinn getting a lot of respect.

#42 BleedingBlackNBlue

BleedingBlackNBlue

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

LOL. NFL combine prospects monkeying around!

http://blogs.nfl.com...le=HP_spotlight

#43 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

Bant

#44 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

Lombardi said (referring to Panthers) that Panthers should go DL because "they just don't make it to free agency." Said Panthers need blue chip players and should not trade down. .....

And what?? .... QB's are readily available in free agency??? Some of this cr*p as to why the Panthers should not draft Newton is plain stupid.

#45 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

is nfl.com going to stream combine footage from the website or are we only talking nfl network here?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/live

The website says it will be streaming starting tomorrow...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com