Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers new TE?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Watching NFL Live today they interview Jeremy Shockey......

Now I am not saying that we should pick him up but, think about the connections and what our new HC said.

He went to Miami, from my understanding Chud was his OC/TE coach there correct? We want a TE that can be versatile and he just said on NFL Live that he has a physical with a team tomorrow and didn't want to say who it is with.

Do you think he could be a option for our team? If so why and if not why not?

1 person likes this

Posted

Do

not

want

Posted

no.

Posted

I personally don't want him. I think he has been to injury prone and is getting up their in age, but the connections are there.

Posted

WTF, seriously?

Posted

Watching NFL Live today they interview Jeremy Shockey......

Now I am not saying that we should pick him up but, think about the connections and what our new HC said.

He went to Miami, from my understanding Chud was his OC/TE coach there correct? We want a TE that can be versatile and he just said on NFL Live that he has a physical with a team tomorrow and didn't want to say who it is with.

Do you think he could be a option for our team? If so why and if not why not?

It could be us but given we aren't signing anyone until after the CBA is signed, I doubt we are in a hurry. Particularly at his salary of 5 million in 2011 which is why NO released him.

Posted

It could be us but given we aren't signing anyone until after the CBA is signed, I doubt we are in a hurry. Particularly at his salary of 5 million in 2011 which is why NO released him.

True but any team that signs him would be silly if they don't sign him to a incentive based contract.

Posted

Between him and Dan Morgan you might get a full 16 game season.

Posted

If Shockey was 5 yrs younger it might be a possiblity. Carolina needs to find an every down TE to be part in the offense for seasons.....not an old guy for a season.

Posted

Maybe...Marcedes Lewis to be franchised today...

Really wish a CBA could be done to see what's avail in free agency to fill gaps. Or go with that Tennessee TE Stocker...didn't see where Rudoph is in combine (hamstring injury or not going pro?)

Posted

He's better than what we have.

Sure I may not like him but if he makes our team better (if he can stay on the field) then why the f*ck not?

1 person likes this

Posted

I cannot think of a worse person for the TE position.