151 replies to this topic

#1 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...m-study-Gabbert

He's certainly peaked my interest. I just wish I could see more game tape of him. The only real game footage on youtube just shows him pooing the bed.

#2 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

Gabbert is overhyped.

#3 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Mayock has a man crush on that kid. He may be right about him, but it still troubles me that he has Locker as his number 2. I just don't see Locker as a franchise QB at all.

#4 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

First he says that Gabbert is the only one that isn't going to throw and then goes on to say good things about him. Seems to me the fact that he isn't willing to compete on the same field with the other guys is a big knock in my opinion. It isn't like he is injured or anything else. Suggests he is afraid if he lines up with everyone else and can't control the situation he won't measure up.

Seems now that he has told everyone he likes Gabbert best, he is trying to justify his choice when Gabbert doesn't want to let it fly.

#5 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

Mayock has a man crush on that kid. He may be right about him, but it still troubles me that he has Locker as his number 2. I just don't see Locker as a franchise QB at all.

Exactly Locker has fallen off most folks board and likely won't even be a first rounder.

#6 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

he lost some cred with me. what i dont understand is he screams look at the tape, and gabbert on film is not that good. he is alright but nothing jumps out, but him being scred to step up and make a pass with a defender in his face.

#7 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

First he says that Gabbert is the only one that isn't going to throw and then goes on to say good things about him. Seems to me the fact that he isn't willing to compete on the same field with the other guys is a big knock in my opinion. It isn't like he is injured or anything else. Suggests he is afraid if he lines up with everyone else and can't control the situation he won't measure up.

Seems now that he has told everyone he likes Gabbert best, he is trying to justify his choice when Gabbert doesn't want to let it fly.

That bothers me too, especially after he criticized Cam without even bothering to watch his workout. He admits that Cam has a great arm and can make every throw, but he just assumes that Cam can't learn an NFL offense.

This is the same thing people were saying about Warren Moon when he was forced to go to Canada in order to play QB.

#8 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,188 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Locker as the two lol

#9 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...m-study-Gabbert

He's certainly peaked my interest. I just wish I could see more game tape of him. The only real game footage on youtube just shows him pooing the bed.

Only 16 TD's in a spread offense in College = pooing the bed pretty much every game. I think that loss to them (OU) is the one that pissed me off the most. OU handed it to them, Gabbert didn't do poo.

#10 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, I'm 50-50 on this guy. I think what Mayock showed was accurate - he's a smart kid that understands schemes and manipulating defenses. What worries me about him however is that he's very panicky. He never sets his feet, I think mostly due to nerves, and hence also has problems with accuracy. Don't think I would call him tough. I dunno, I'll see what happens in his pro day and his interviews. Newton also has a lot to prove though. I'm glad the FO is flying him in for a nice long talk, rather than just the 15 minutes you get at the combine.

#11 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,894 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

Maycock is the worst. He always goes against the grain.

This year he has Dareus ahead of Fairley, Quinn ahead of Bowers, and Locker ahead of Cam.

That in itself doesn't bother me but, if ONE of these turn out to be true, he will beat his chest for five years over it to prove how fuggin smart he is.

He just makes different picks than everyone else, ignores the times he is wrong, and jerks off to himself when he turn out to be correct.

That being said I don't like Gabbert as much but I haven't seen as much film on him as I have Mallett and Newton. I have seen about 5 games and I have concerns about him. Mainly that he panics constantly when he even thinks he is being pressured.

He makes me think of David Carr when I watch him (minus the funky throwing motion). When he is able to be comfortable, plant, and throw he has a good arm and good accuracy. Just not sure he can make good decisions when he feels pressured and he doesn't have the speed to make something happen when he does freak out.

Two games I have seen were Nebraska and Texas Tech and if you watched either of those games he doesn't even look like he should be starting for Missouri let alone in the NFL.

He also came from off the radar to number one after just one half of football against Iowa.

I know since I have been pimping Cam you guys are going to pound me on this so have at it.

On my list right now Gabbert is third behind Cam and Mallett.

#12 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

The agent Gabbert signed with, they don't throw at the combine, might not be his choice.

#13 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

The agent Gabbert signed with, they don't throw at the combine, might not be his choice.

BS...the agent works for him. He may take the agents advice, but he could throw if he really wanted to.

#14 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

C'mon what kind of lame excuse is that? If that were Cam Newton not throwing, it would have been a WHOLE different story.

#15 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

I think Clausen was a better candidate than Gabby coming out of college. I didn't want him either though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.