• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:34 PM

We got a tough game this Sunday, at Miami. I hope Lawson from tonight goes to Miami.

#77 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

Good game. That's all for now.

#78 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

Good game. That's all for now.

lol, you're alright for a duke fan

#79 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

zone = 3 point death for the Heels against Duke

you are just lining them up to knock down by going into zone against them.....I liked the man to man, but it seemed that Duke could almost run the Princeton Offense with all of the backdoor passes they had in the first half.

Duke went 6-9 from 3 point range in the first half against the man to man. I'm just saying that it wouldn't kill them to do it every once in a while just to make the opponent have to adjust to something different.

#80 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

amazing game from start to finish. dook is going to play well when they come to chapel hill.

#81 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

Duke went 6-9 from 3 point range in the first half against the man to man. I'm just saying that it wouldn't kill them to do it every once in a while just to make the opponent have to adjust to something different.

true, I have just seen the zone kill teams when they try to play it against 3 point shooting teams

Look at VT against Clemson a couple weeks ago, VT had the lead threw in a zone to try and rest their players and boom Clemson comes back and wins that game

I understand what you are saying though, it seems Duke always has unbelievable shooting against Carolina every time they play.....Remember when they hit like 13 or 25 3's against Carolina...Paulus had like 6 of them, they just seem to hit against Carolina

#82 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

Kyle Singler looks like the monk from The Da Vinci code. He is an albino freak.

coach Splinter was his whiney cry baby self tonight, glad to see he is feeling better

4 straight in Cameron is so great. suck it you fuging nerds. you sat in that shitty nasty tent for nothingPosted Imagehaha

#83 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

man gotta love being a tar heel fan!!!

but never again will i attempt to run from south campus to franklin street

#84 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:42 AM

I pretty much hate both teams, but I'm glad Carolina won so I could see all those douchebag Duke students cry after getting their poo rocked

#85 hmsmike

hmsmike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

Hell Yeah Boys!!!!!

How about them Heels!!!! :D

#86 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

I believe that is 6 of 8, soon to be 7 of 9...The only bonus dook has had of late is catching the Heels last year right after Lawson went out and they were struggling. GO HEELS!

#87 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

Same story for the past 4 years pretty much....Not using our bench and it catches up with us in the second half. No penetration in the second half, because they were tired. Therefor, settle for contested 3s. Would have liked to have seen Miles and Email get in there for just 5 mins a piece to keep us somewhat fresh. Drew was in there for 5 mins in the first half and granted he looked like he wanted no part of this game, it helped in the long run, as Ty was fresh the second half.

Also, dont understand why Duke went away from bringing a second defender to help with a soft double on Ty as he brought the ball up the court. They did in the first half and he only took 2 shots. Second half, lets have paulus check him with no help??? Thats frustrating.

Congrats on the win for the Heels, a nice streak going right now. This rivalry goes in streaks, lets no forget it wasnt long ago that Duke took 15 of 17 from UNC. This is impressive, but I dont see it going to 15 of 17.

#88 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Kyle Singler looks like the monk from The Da Vinci code. He is an albino freak.

coach Splinter was his whiney cry baby self tonight, glad to see he is feeling better

4 straight in Cameron is so great. suck it you f*cking nerds. you sat in that sh*tty nasty tent for nothingPosted Imagehaha

what's wrong w/ being a nerd? :D

with that said, go heels!

#89 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

true, I have just seen the zone kill teams when they try to play it against 3 point shooting teams

Look at VT against Clemson a couple weeks ago, VT had the lead threw in a zone to try and rest their players and boom Clemson comes back and wins that game

I understand what you are saying though, it seems Duke always has unbelievable shooting against Carolina every time they play.....Remember when they hit like 13 or 25 3's against Carolina...Paulus had like 6 of them, they just seem to hit against Carolina

Yeah, Carolina did play much better defense in the 2nd half anyway, so what do I know? I just wish they would do that consistently.

BTW, Duke might want to run the AC next time, because that heat seems to be bothering them more than it's bothering UNC. That's two years in a row that they looked absolutely spent in the last 6-7 minutes of this game.

#90 J-Vic

J-Vic

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

BTW, Duke might want to run the AC next time, because that heat seems to be bothering them more than it's bothering UNC. That's two years in a row that they looked absolutely spent in the last 6-7 minutes of this game.

excellent point. as soon as Dicky V and Mike Patrick started talking about the heat I couldnt help but know it benefited Carolina. how many times did a duke player slip last night causing a turnover?

ironic that something usually interpreted as a home court advantage definitely weighed them down last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com