Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton to have "private meeting" with J.R.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#91 riddel

riddel

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

If I'm Cam Newton..............I tell Richardson.......thanks.........but no thanks.

Rookie salaries are going to be reduced based on the new CBA, therefore the prestige of being the #1 pick would not be enough for me to accept a rookie QB job in Carolina. Carolina hasn't developed 1 rookie QB in 14 years and after watching what happened to Clausen, Newton should really think twice about pushing for the #1 pick.

Based on the new rookie salaries, the #1 pick has lost alot of it's significance. If I were Cam I would be doing the interviewing at this point...it's his career at stake and we all know what happens when a rookie QB enters a bad QB situation.....

#92 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hurney picks players for athleticism amd potential. Look at Thomas Davis? Why pick a safety that we were try to conver to linebacker? Because he had great cover skills, was very fast and very athletic. Did he play right away? No. Was he a bust?? Still deciding that one. Would we draft Newton if we thought his athletic talent was high and he would be the face of the franchise? We drafted Edwards and gave up a second rounder for him.

Hurney actually has a long term sense of the draft and doesn't draft for immediate impact. Don't know what he will do but if JR likes him I could see us pulling the trigger.

#93 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

HUDDLER

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

Every player might bust...with low risk brings lower reward..If you are afraid to draft someone because they might bust you won't be drafting anyone at all. For someone like Cam it's going to be how he's coached and utilized that decides if he's a bust or not. Everything I've read is that he's going to try his hardest to be a great NFL player and he has the tools to do it.

#94 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:56 PM

People might have to face the fact that once players meet with Richardson,Theirs a good chance we will draft them. Just like interviews with coaches, if you dont meet Richardson you didn't get the Job.

Or could just be he is meeting with top picks but everyone else is blowing things out of proportion.