#1 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,607 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

per McShay and Gantt:

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/2/28/2020056/todd-mcshay-talks-about-the-nfl-combine

McShay said he spoke to one head scout for a team with no need for a QB who responded when asked who Carolina should take said "Cam Newton".

McShay added that that numerous scouts see Newton as a 'once in a decade' prospect, even after his lackluster throwing display yesterday

Gantt: Here's another thought on Cam: Talked to one of the smartest people I know in the league. He wasn't shaken by yesterday's "bad" workout. Smart Guy: "Could still be a transformative player, a Magic Johnson, 6-9 point guard. We just want to see improvement from now til pro day." He has loads of physical talent, but it still a work in progress. You know that going in. Needs help to be special. Also, the smart guy shrugged when asked about Newton missing short outs high. "It's when he leaves them inside they get taken back for six."

McShay said that he still believes Blaine Gabbert is the best quarterback in the 2011 draft.

I wouldn't close the door just yet. Like I said earlier I don't think he had quite as bad a combine as some people would like to think.

#2 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

No QB worth the #1 overall pick. None at all.

#3 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

PTI backing him too right now, kinda surprising.

#4 MIAbound

MIAbound

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

No QB worth the #1 overall pick. None at all.

I agree 100%. The players like Gabbert and Cam are being overblown because its bad business for the NFL. It is a QB driven league.

I expect Gabbert to go top 10 and Cam 10-18 range.

#5 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

A lot of people are worried about if we take him and he bust which is understandable but if he reaches his ceiling what then?

Cosign him being a can't miss prospect doesn't mean he's without negatives.

#6 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,607 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

A lot of people are worried about if we take him and he bust which is understandable but if he reaches his ceiling what then?

Super bowls?? :thumbsup:

#7 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

per McShay and Gantt:

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/2/28/2020056/todd-mcshay-talks-about-the-nfl-combine

I wouldn't close the door just yet. Like I said earlier I don't think he had quite as bad a combine as some people would like to think.

Regarding Cam's bad throws.... to quote what a man once said :

"It is what it is."

#8 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,267 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

I think the scouts feel Cam has amazing potential, perhaps the most potential of any player in this class and that's why they think we should take him... especially in a class where there is no clear # 1 overall prospect.

#9 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

Can't you just make "teeray's Cam Newton Updates Thread" or something.. I see like 0498309480943 threads by you all with the same purpose in mind.

Also another thing.. If other teams actually don't highly regard Cam, of course they'd want us to take him. It'd be a wasted pick. It's NFL diplomacy.

Cam actually had a really good workout, he just messed up on some of the throwing drills. He's got the measurables. He's got the throwing motion, it's just accuracy and timing he needs to work on and that's something that can be fixed with coaching. So i'd hope a lot of people aren't putting so much weight into the combine especially with no defenders in your face.

#10 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,607 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Can't you just make "teeray's Cam Newton Updates Thread" or something.. I see like 0498309480943 threads by you all with the same purpose in mind.

Also another thing.. If other teams actually don't highly regard Cam, of course they'd want us to take him. It'd be a wasted pick. It's NFL diplomacy.

Cam actually had a really good workout, he just messed up on some of the throwing drills. He's got the measurables. He's got the throwing motion, it's just accuracy and timing he needs to work on and that's something that can be fixed with coaching. So i'd hope a lot of people aren't putting so much weight into the combine especially with no defenders in your face.

I think I have only started like two threads on Cam. I may have 0498309480943 (is the zero in the front necessary?) on Cam though.

Plus I would never be like JOAT and start a thread in the third person. That is too arrogant :D

#11 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,267 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

I've heard several experts say they don't put much weight on how a guy throws at the combine either way... it will really come down to how he performs in the private workout we've scheduled him for.

#12 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,607 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

I've heard several experts say they don't put much weight on how a guy throws at the combine either way... it will really come down to how he performs in the private workout we've scheduled him for.

This

#13 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

I'd actually like to hear how he did on the non-physical stuff there.

#14 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, I don't care about his drills. Sure, I have on the field concerns about his mechanics but meh. I was more interested in interviews, wonderlic.

#15 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,607 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

I'd actually like to hear how he did on the non-physical stuff there.

word :iagree:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com