#46 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

Owners. Can't stand unions.

Plus most of the owners have probably got where they are today from extremely hard work, big risks and dedication.

Most players would be flipping burgers if it weren't for they fact they run fast or are big.

#47 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,890 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

I'm on the owners side. Have been from the get go. Then again, I am anti-union and have always been pro-business. Groups like Organizing for America and the NFLPA can take a hike.

#48 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• ALL-PRO
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

;) Okay. I'm slow today. Just started my first cup of coffee.

No worries. :)

#49 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

http://www.indystar....TS03/103110340/

Huddlers don't agree with America

They say this, until there is no football then you see people slowly backing away from the players side for holding out.

#50 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

That poll is from March 4-7. I bet it would be different now

#51 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

The players aren't the ones holding out goddamnit, this is being brought on by the owners.

#52 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,390 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

I voted neither, my opinion carries no weight concerning the matter. However, I think if they (nflp & owners) can't come to an agreement then put it in the hands of who can get it done and do it quickly because of the possible ramifications it brings and other people's jobs that are in jeopardy. Lastly, our football enjoyment.

#53 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

The players aren't the ones holding out goddamnit, this is being brought on by the owners.

Lol what news have you been watching?

#54 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

Lol what news have you been watching?

I think he is saying that the owners are the ones that backed out of the expiring deal (3 years ago), not the players. The owners will be getting a better deal and the players will be getting a worse deal. How much worse is what is being negotiated.

#55 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,890 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

I agree that this is all happening because the owners opted out of the current deal. But if the owners truly offered the NFLPA what it was reported they offered the NFLPA? Then shame on the players and D Smith.

#56 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

I have yet to see an independent journalist come out with what really was offered on both sides. I've seen the owners' side and I've seen the players' side. What I haven't seen yet is the actual truth. Taking one side or the other as complete gospel is just being really biased towards one side or the other.

#57 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

I mean, I could just as easily say that if players truly offered what they said they offered, then shame on the owners and Goodell right?

#58 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,890 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

I have yet to see an independent journalist come out with what really was offered on both sides. I've seen the owners' side and I've seen the players' side. What I haven't seen yet is the actual truth. Taking one side or the other as complete gospel is just being really biased towards one side or the other.

100% agree. But my anti-union beliefs influence my feelings and right now I am on the side of the owners. I have no sympathy for the players. Most players average a 3-5 year career in the NFL, make a sh*t ton of money, and if they are smart go on to a normal career. Owners have to look at the picture long term. From strictly a business standpoint, owners are the ones who take on the real risk.

#59 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

That poll is from March 4-7. I bet it would be different now

That's why I waited until it was official, and everyone could see what was offered and how each side would view the other's offer, and their reaction to it.

#60 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

I'm on neither side but it seems like the Owners offered a pretty reasonable deal and conceeded on a number of issues. Bottom line is there's a lot of greedy people on both sides.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com