Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NC State Coaching Search

174 posts in this topic

Posted

Its inevitable that Sid Lowe will be fired and it'll probably happen early this week (he isn't hosting his radio show that normally airs mid week). Any thoughts on who is going to replace him?

Posted

tubby....honestly, they need to be relevant again, its what is best for the ACC

Posted

tubby smith, sean miller or steve alford are very possible

Posted

tubby....honestly, they need to be relevant again, its what is best for the ACC

Tubby is out...He has already stated that he is staying at Minnesota.

Posted

Not sure and Doubt he will be considered. But how would you State fans feel about Jeff Capel?

He just got fired by Oklahoma. He is not a bad coach and just had them in the elite 8 2 years ago.

Posted

Not sure and Doubt he will be considered. But how would you State fans feel about Jeff Capel?

He just got fired by Oklahoma. He is not a bad coach and just had them in the elite 8 2 years ago.

Ehh...there were rumors of trouble in that AD with some players so as of now I'd rather get someone else.

Posted

How about me? I coached a boys team for 8-10 year olds a few years back. I think I could equal what Sid did at least. And to top it off some of these kids are getting ready to go to college so I might could bring a few of them with me.

Just give me the word, and I'll forward my resume along.

Posted

They are going to have to overpay for someone good to come there and they should do just that.

Posted

Why would Sean Miller go to NC State? Arizona> NC State.

I don't see Miller leaving for anything except Pitt or a hell of a pay raise. How much does Lowe make?

Miller makes 2 million at AZ state. His contract is only two years old, would NC State buy out the rest of his contract? They'd have to pay 6 million to get him.

Posted

I wonder if Alford's ready for a 2nd shot, since it seemed like he went running to UNM from Iowa

Posted

Why would Sean Miller go to NC State? Arizona> NC State.

I don't see Miller leaving for anything except Pitt or a hell of a pay raise. How much does Lowe make?

Miller makes 2 million at AZ state. His contract is only two years old, would NC State buy out the rest of his contract? They'd have to pay 6 million to get him.

The line of thought is that Miller wants to get back east, he used to coach there and Archie is on his staff.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that it happens just because of the setup he has in Arizona. Well paid, very good class coming for a couple of years and a conference that he could take over if the upward trend continues. With all that said his buyout is only half a million according to this....... http://www.pointguardu.com/f2/sean-millers-contract-57177/

I'm sure Arizona is working up a bigger buyout when his contract comes up for review this year.