• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

Its inevitable that Sid Lowe will be fired and it'll probably happen early this week (he isn't hosting his radio show that normally airs mid week). Any thoughts on who is going to replace him?

#2 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

tubby....honestly, they need to be relevant again, its what is best for the ACC

#3 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

tubby smith, sean miller or steve alford are very possible

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

tubby....honestly, they need to be relevant again, its what is best for the ACC

Tubby is out...He has already stated that he is staying at Minnesota.

#5 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Not sure and Doubt he will be considered. But how would you State fans feel about Jeff Capel?
He just got fired by Oklahoma. He is not a bad coach and just had them in the elite 8 2 years ago.

#6 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

Not sure and Doubt he will be considered. But how would you State fans feel about Jeff Capel?
He just got fired by Oklahoma. He is not a bad coach and just had them in the elite 8 2 years ago.

Ehh...there were rumors of trouble in that AD with some players so as of now I'd rather get someone else.

#7 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

How about me? I coached a boys team for 8-10 year olds a few years back. I think I could equal what Sid did at least. And to top it off some of these kids are getting ready to go to college so I might could bring a few of them with me.

Just give me the word, and I'll forward my resume along.

#8 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

They are going to have to overpay for someone good to come there and they should do just that.

#9 stoat

stoat

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

Tubby is out...He has already stated that he is staying at Minnesota.

Actually he may land in Arkansas according to this.....http://1500espn.com/...by_Smith_031411

#10 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Why would Sean Miller go to NC State? Arizona> NC State.

I don't see Miller leaving for anything except Pitt or a hell of a pay raise. How much does Lowe make?

Miller makes 2 million at AZ state. His contract is only two years old, would NC State buy out the rest of his contract? They'd have to pay 6 million to get him.

#11 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

I wonder if Alford's ready for a 2nd shot, since it seemed like he went running to UNM from Iowa

#12 stoat

stoat

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

I don't see Miller leaving for anything except Pitt or a hell of a pay raise. How much does Lowe make?

Miller makes 2 million at AZ state. His contract is only two years old, would NC State buy out the rest of his contract? They'd have to pay 6 million to get him.

The line of thought is that Miller wants to get back east, he used to coach there and Archie is on his staff.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that it happens just because of the setup he has in Arizona. Well paid, very good class coming for a couple of years and a conference that he could take over if the upward trend continues. With all that said his buyout is only half a million according to this....... http://www.pointguar...contract-57177/

I'm sure Arizona is working up a bigger buyout when his contract comes up for review this year.

#13 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

Huh? Where do you get the 6 million dollar figure? Miller's buyout is 500K. I'll tell you what I've heard on the NC State front, which I think is pretty good information. From what I've heard Miller is State's #1 priority in the search. I have also heard that we are going to at least the 3 million dollar per year marker to land a legitimate coach.

Yow started her search months ago when it was apparent Sid Lowe was not going to survive this thing. As far as if she has heard information to make her confident enough to pursue Miller further I have no idea. I have heard that she has contacted him and I'll leave it at that.

Lowe is scheduled to meet with Yow tomorrow and then the assumption is that the "official" search will start.

This is what I'll say about the Miller family and people can say it is or isn't true but this is what I've heard from sources inside of NC State athletics. The feeling is that Sean Miller wants to get back to the east coast. Whether or not he wants to get back here now or later is not entirely clear. Arizona fans will tell you until they are blue in the face that Sean Miller has donated half of his yearly pay to this cause and that cause in Tucson. Whether or not that is true...IDK. But what does seem to be true is that Miller is an east coast guy and if the right job opens up then he will move his family back. That seems to be what his wife wants and its also what his assistant coaches want as well. So one can only assume that if his wife wants to move east and all of his closest assistants want to move east for the right job then its not that far fetched that he'd come coach a program like NC State in the ACC.

Also..People need to think back to when Arizona hired Sean Miller. They had to pitch that job to him three different times and increase their offer twice before he finally took the job. That doesn't exactly sound like a guy that was jumping at the opportunity to move to Tucson if you ask me.

I'm not going to get into the Arizona vs. NC State argument. There were people clamoring that Memphis was a great job while John Calipari was there. Recent success doesn't dictate which job is good and which job isn't. Passion, money, facilities, location, conference are all larger factors that recent success when coaches look for a job. I promise you that NC State has gobs of all of that stuff. So saying that Sean Miller would never leave Arizona for NC State is naive.

Edited by unicar15, 14 March 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#14 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

State needs to think very critically about their next hire. They have some great young talents and could be a force in the ACC with some top notch recruits and good coaching in a couple years

#15 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

Sean Miller isn't going to be the next coach of NC State. Of this I am sure.

You talked about how his assistants want to go back east. That couldn't be any more false. Book Richardson, one of the top recruiting assistants in the entire nation, who is an amazing NYC recruiter(he was the head of the New York Gauchos program which is an AAU powerhouse in NY) turned down the job offer to be an assistant at St. Johns this past summer.

One of the big reasons why Sean Miller turned down the offer to coach at AZ at first, was because our AD was a complete fuging asswipe. After Miller was assured by a booster that Livengood(AD) would be gone within a few weeks, Miller accepted the job. He makes around 3 million dollars currently, and all of the Amy Miller wanting to move back east talk has no foundation. Not one Arizona website has ever reported that Amy Miller is unhappy in Tucson, so I don't know where some of the NC State "insiders" are getting their info from.

Edited by PantherFan52, 15 March 2011 - 12:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.