62 replies to this topic

#16 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

Did you really just bring that up? He isn't as good as Gabbert at winning? Interesting.

Gabbert has won more than Newton. A lot more. In fact, Gabbert does more winning with less support than Cam will ever do.

Cam is all hype and when it comes down to it, rode the coattails of his teammates with superior talent to hand him a championship. NFL coaches realize this. Scouts realize this. Most experts realize this. Most importantly Cam realizes this. He knew he wasn't even the top two best players on his own team let alone the field that night and really all season so he tried to score a throw away touchdown so you homers would look at his stats and say "See, LOOK HOW GOOD HE IS!" when reality paints a different picture.

This is the essence that is Cam Newton. It's all about Cam. He didn't care that they were going to win a NC, because in life that doesn't matter. No one really cares about winning national championships in the grand scheme of things but Cam wanted his extra 15 minutes of fame by having 3 TDs and 2 turnovers instead of 2 TDs and 2 turnovers.

Gabbert is more athletic than Cam but chose to focus on being a passer in college and not some "exciting" athlete and he proved it at the combine. He didn't need to throw, everyone knew he was a better passer than Cam but when he ran and proved he was more athletic as well, well that was the first nail in the Cam Newton coffin.

Cam put a few in his own coffin but by and large, Gabbert is burying Cam in this whole process and it's a deep fuking whole.

That's an excellent post. Just curious TRD, who are you endorsing for the #1 pick?

#17 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

That's an excellent post. Just curious TRD, who are you endorsing for the #1 pick?

I've given it out a few times but I'm really torn right now between maybe 3 guys.

I like Dareus, PP7, Green in no particular order yet

#18 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

Little known fact...the day of Cam's workout at Auburn there was a pretty severe solar storm. These are notorious for messing with timing and footwork.

#19 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 11,959 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

No. That's not what I said :mad:. It was wind gusts up to 50 mph with snow flurries. Get it right and quit twisting my words a-hole.

:D :D

He's not an a-hole, he's a *****. Get it right yo'se'f!

#20 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

I've given it out a few times but I'm really torn right now between maybe 3 guys.

Yeah me too. I won't be dissapointed if we grab one of them. Would still like to trade down a couple spots though, not sure that will happen, but who knows?

#21 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

I'm sick of every QB now. everyone has talked so much poo and brought up so many flaws about each QB that I just don't care anymore.

I get it, they all suck, blah blah blah, I'm tired of it... I just wish the draft were here so we could stop worrying about it so much.

#22 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

I'm sick of every QB now. everyone has talked so much poo and brought up so many flaws about each QB that I just don't care anymore.

I get it, they all suck, blah blah blah, I'm tired of it... I just wish the draft were here so we could stop worrying about it so much.

So are you still sticking to your quote in your sig that the Panthers will pick Gabbert?

#23 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

You shouldn't worry about it at all and just have fun with those that do

#24 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

Darius would probably take more time to develop than the other two, but would help our team more in the long run that either. He would be involved in every defensive play.

Peterson would be a great player, but do you take a CB at the top spot? He might be involved in 30-40% of the defensive snaps, but could really help at the return game.

Green would touch the ball maybe 5-6 times a game at most. I don't think any receiver is worth that big an investment.

#25 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Darius would probably take more time to develop than the other two, but would help our team more in the long run that either. He would be involved in every defensive play.

I have no problem with this.

Peterson would be a great player, but do you take a CB at the top spot? He might be involved in 30-40% of the defensive snaps, but could really help at the return game.

Wrong. He has to be involved in AT LEAST every pass play which nowadays is probably on the higher side of 50% plus he's involved on run plays to his side which puts him at being involved in roughly 67% of the plays. His impact will be felt even though he might not be the one actually making the play. He's considered the best player in the draft and if no one separates themselves from the pack at a "Sexy" position, you take the best player that also fills a need. Some say CB isn't a need but it is. Captain is cool and all but he's nothing more than a Nickel and shouldn't be on the field that much.

Green would touch the ball maybe 5-6 times a game at most. I don't think any receiver is worth that big an investment.

Unbelievable. Unbelievable is all I have to say to that comment.

#26 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,958 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

Receivers do not need to catch the ball to be involved in a play. A good receiver does so much more for an offense than just catch the ball, and AJ Green is more than just a good receiver.

By the by. I like Gabbert. He's my favorite quarterback in the draft.

...I still don't want him #1 overall. I don't want any quarterback #1 overall.

#27 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

So are you still sticking to your quote in your sig that the Panthers will pick Gabbert?

it's just been my prediction all along, I think it is going to happen, I don't necessarily want it to happen.

#28 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,958 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

If there was a quarterback without question marks in this draft, none of us would still be debating taking him...

still wouldn't be surprised if we go QB, I just hope we don't.

#29 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Wrong. He has to be involved in AT LEAST every pass play which nowadays is probably on the higher side of 50% plus he's involved on run plays to his side which puts him at being involved in roughly 67% of the plays. His impact will be felt even though he might not be the one actually making the play. He's considered the best player in the draft and if no one separates themselves from the pack at a "Sexy" position, you take the best player that also fills a need. Some say CB isn't a need but it is. Captain is cool and all but he's nothing more than a Nickel and shouldn't be on the field that much.

Ok, I think I need to clarify. First, I love the guy. If we took him I would do a happy dance and look forward to Sundays at BofA Stadium.

I think he would be great in the return game. He would probably get us an extra 10 yards per possession, which is worth tons to me. That's as much as Greene would do, offensively, IMHO.

BUT, teams wouldn't throw to his side that often. Yes, with that statement you have an argument that he would impact 100% of the defensive plays as far as passing the ball is concerned, and then add in the runs to his side. However, if the team goes away from him then my position is that he's not exactly involved in the play. Yes, he influenced it, but he only influenced the direction. And against the run who thinks about cornerbacks?

He would be a good pick, and among all the potential selections he would have the biggest rookie impact. But I think that Darius would be better in the long run.

Maybe you disagree, but do you at least see where my thinking is?

Unbelievable. Unbelievable is all I have to say to that comment.

A threat is not the same as a play. Greene is better than anyone we have, but if a receiver could make an offense then Detroit would be awesome. You might not believe I could make such a comment, but I stand by it. And I bet a lot of Jets fans who watched Keyshawn's impact on that team would stand by it as well.

#30 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

Maybe you disagree, but do you at least see where my thinking is?

Of course I disagree because you are wrong but I do think how someone could somehow get to that thought process.

We're not all mentally above average and I don't fault you for that. Thinking that a player shuts down half the field (which I don't think he'll do early) and then saying he's not involved in the play is outrageous. That's like saying Nnamndi doesn't do much during games because no one ever throws at him. It's just crazy talk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.