• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

So we can just say that a conference is better because a bottom team is capable of upsetting a top team on occasion? Thats just basketball I believe.

I could say the same about ND upsetting a top 10 Louisville team last week, considering ND is just a mediocre team who had previously had an awful losing streak. It just seems to me that the BE is better overall. And Depaul doesnt really count for anything, and also consider that two of the worst teams in the Big East just joined the conference a few years back. They are dragging the conference down and all the BE got out of it was Louisville. Give them a few years and see what they can do.

Also, don't count out rivalries in this conference. Sure UNC and Duke is great, but you can't under estimate something like SU-Georgetown, thats always good, I mean there last game was better then the majority of ACC games I have watched this year.

That's a rivalry?:D:D NCSU, Duke, UNC, WF, Clemson, and Maryland all have rivalries with each team named. The BE doesn't compare in rivalry categories. ND is mediocre middle of the pack. Our middle of the pack is Miami and FSU (both better than ND) Top to bottom the ACC is better.

#32 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,725 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

The big east is the Citibank of College Basketball. A conglomeration of different units that looks good on paper, but doesn't work real well in actual practice. :)

#33 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

I will admit one thing...that Pitt vs Uconn game last night was fun to watch. I swear it looks like Pitt put a football team on the basketball court. That Blair kid is a beast.

#34 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:34 PM

There is no team in the nation as "tough" as Pitt. They beast teams around. Not saying they are the best team, but if a team is going to beat Pitt, they are going to have to be able to bang. It could just be me, but sometimes I feel like Blair disappears in games. But damn when he shows up, he shows up.

#35 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

DePaul, Rutgers, St. Johns, USF, bottom four in Big East. They are poo. It is close for sure between the two conferences, but I think throughout the conference ACC is stonger. Now go watch Duke lose to St. Johns on Thursday.

#36 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

I could say the same about ND upsetting a top 10 Louisville team last week, considering ND is just a mediocre team who had previously had an awful losing streak. It just seems to me that the BE is better overall. And Depaul doesnt really count for anything, and also consider that two of the worst teams in the Big East just joined the conference a few years back. They are dragging the conference down and all the BE got out of it was Louisville. Give them a few years and see what they can do.

Uhhh yeah you did get a couple of bums with the merger but what do you mean you only got Louisville out of it. Have you ever heard of Marquette or Cincy? You also received those two out of the merger and they are both in the top half of the BE. If not for those three, Marquette and Louisville especially, the BE wouldn't even be in the conversation with the ACC for best conference. Lets call it like it is, the BE was manufactured for basketball, has four more teams and if it's any better than the ACC, it's a miniscule difference.

Edited by DWill, 01 March 2009 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com