Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers128

Anyone Change Their Mind on the New Format?

VCU has played one more game than everyone else. It's hard enough having to win 6 straight games to win a championship. They should simply expand the field.

I liked the play in system because I figured none of the teams had a chance to last long. Now that we see they can, it's a huge disadvantage imo.

Also why should there be play-ins for the 11 and 12 seeds? Clemson also was screwed on scheduling and forced to play 3 games in 4 days iirc.

If they keep this 68 field, only 16 seeds should be playins.

I would keep it, only if the teams playing in those play-in games are at-larges, not teams that won their conference championships.

And fix the logistics of it too. Give teams at least 48 hours between the games. Probably what did Clemson in

IMO, it could give the team with the extra game an advantage in the first game. They don't have as long of a layoff, and have already gotten the first game jitters out of the way. But by the time they get to the elite 8, that extra game doesn't matter a whit.

Where do you stop, though? Let in 128 teams, then you can have all sorts of whacked upsets. In a single elimination tournament, anything can happen. 64 is plenty.