Photo
- - - - -

Well that was quick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

I hate to tell you this but my I told everyone here it was "hijacked" (in reality it was invented by) the Republicans to channel Obama hatred into results at the polls. In fact I am pretty sure I did this before this silly 9/12 thing.

But of course I am closed minded and ignorant.

#62 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

I like turtles.

f*ck you, turtles suck.

#63 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

I hate to tell you this but my I told everyone here it was "hijacked" (in reality it was invented by) the Republicans to channel Obama hatred into results at the polls. In fact I am pretty sure I did this before this silly 9/12 thing.

But of course I am closed minded and ignorant.

If you did then bravo, you were right. I can't remember every conversation that happens on this board, but i will take your word for it. I evidently hadn't subscribed to this view at the time of my dabbling with the Tea Party, however more importantly I was eventually able to recognize the Tea Party for what it had become, which is the overall name of the game. Forget how you got there and what trial and error one must endure in a path to true understanding...whats important is that you eventually did gain this understanding through personal necessary steps. Better late than never, right? Everything is a learning process.

Edited by venom, 31 March 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#64 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

The libertarian party is not a catch-all for classical liberals. Libertarians have a lot of problems, beginning primarily with the fact that they're a political movement with no philosophical basis. They endorse a weak doctrine of freedom to do anything that doesn't harm another human being, which they lack the fundamental axioms and virtues to defend earnestly when a smirking idiot asks what they think of Wal-Mart's CEO making $19 million last year.

The only way I can support the Tea Party is as a cultural rather than a political movement, and with how hard the media has worked to make the Tea Party look like ignorant, bumbling sheep, there's very little chance that the movement will mean anything at this point.

As long as altruism is considered a primary value in our society, we're fuged.