23 replies to this topic

#16 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

If he does come back, he would just give them more depth. Even if he just plays like 10 minutes a game, it is fine. Personally I say redshirt him but if Roy really thinks we need him to win it all then bring him back, after all it is his decision and pretty sure he don't give a turd what we want.

#17 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

roy has nothing to do with the decision, zeller said he wanted to play. if he chose to red-shirt himself, the coaches would've done that. zeller wants to contribute and win now, let the kid do what he came here to do-- when a championship and go pro!

"Is he willing to sacrifice a whole year for five or six games?" Williams said, "We'll make a decision this week."

Williams said he would leave the decision up to Zeller, who scored 20 points in the first two games of the season, both starts. Williams said he and Zeller had a conference call with Zeller's parents on Saturday to talk about the decision.

"He has had five or six practices. He hasn't played basketball in 12 weeks," Williams said. "Can he come back and be effective?"

http://blogs.newsobs...n-due-this-week

I've got to believe roy thinks the team he has now is good enough to win it all.

Guys really?? You really think that Zeller is going to use all 4 years of eligibility? I know I have only seen the kid play once but at his size with his length and athleticism he is gone after his junior year at the most. He'll be a first rounder unless he completely busts...

#18 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

what's what i said...

#19 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

No way Zeller plays 4 yrs so that extra year wont get used anyways. Play him now. Ginyard I understand, he is better off redshirting and getting that extra year.

#20 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

Well, all I care about is how he can help us right now. Even if he's just another body to throw out there for 5-7 minutes a game to give the other big guys a breather or to help keep them out of foul trouble, it makes a difference.

#21 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

zeller will play. wral.com reports.

#22 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

he's playing. great news for us.

#23 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

Well, he has some work to do, especially on defense, but you can tell he's gonna be a pretty good player.

Oh yeah...ho hum, we just beat State again.

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

He looked like a guy who hasn't played in 12 weeks, encouraging though given the depth issues.

I'm glad to see him back and hope they can get him in good condition and back to the level he's capable of by the tournament.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.