Photo
- - - - -

GM, Chrysler ask for another $21.6 billion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,281 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

Lack of innovations

this is a big key. we are in a relationship era of production where everything is about building a brand instead of a product.

#17 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,015 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, I really don't get this either. How could the failure of these two companies hurt the economy so bad. Someone in the private sector would pick up the pieces. I like Kurb's idea, just burn the money. Why do they think putting money in these corporations is going to save them?

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

what's that? GM hasn't innovated a single thing except new door handles for the last twenty years?

fuging UNIONS RAWR

#19 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

If only we could offer that 10% we spend on union employees as a discount these avalanches would be flying off the shelf!

#20 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, I really don't get this either. How could the failure of these two companies hurt the economy so bad. Someone in the private sector would pick up the pieces. I like Kurb's idea, just burn the money. Why do they think putting money in these corporations is going to save them?

If Chrysler and GM don't make it (don't count out Ford either) then where are all those workers going to go? We already have 7 1/2% unemployment. People are getting laid off left and right and there aren't any jobs out there right now to support these people. I lived in Michigan for a year before I took a buyout from Ford and both state and local governments in Michigan and Ohio are being devastated by this downturn. You've got entire communities depending on these companies for survival. I'm not talking about just the employees of GM and Chrysler either. What about those places of business such as restaurants, bars, supermarkets, etc that serve these people. What about the vendors and suppliers for these companies? Everything from the food service industry, parts suppliers, engineers, IT people...etc. etc. Their revenues will suffer and they'll have to start laying people off. The automobile industry has long been the backbone of the American manufacturing sector and once they go a lot more jobs are going to go with them.

I think it's better long term to have these companies survive.

#21 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

If only we could offer that 10% we spend on union employees as a discount these avalanches would be flying off the shelf!

You're an idiot. Price isn't the issue. Car design, quality, fuel efficiency, etc...those are the issues.

#22 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

You're an idiot. Price isn't the issue. Car design, quality, fuel efficiency, etc...those are the issues.

lol i know dipshit. that was obviously sarcasm

#23 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

Not obvious.

#24 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

Not obvious.

how was this two post series not obvious

what's that? GM hasn't innovated a single thing except new door handles for the last twenty years?

f*ckING UNIONS RAWR

congrats you're as incapable of detecting nuance as you are making intelligent points.

quite a feat on your part.

#25 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

What does the country average unemployment wise for the past say...30 years ?

#26 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

What does the country average unemployment wise for the past say...30 years ?

i didn't call you a d lister i called you a pied piper.

take that however you want

#27 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

how was this two post series not obvious

congrats you're as incapable of detecting nuance as you are making intelligent points.

quite a feat on your part.

If you could learn to put coherent thoughts together within one post instead of two then maybe your rhetoric could be more easily digested... post count *****.

#28 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,191 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

Come again? The problem now is the auto industry model can only truly reinvent itself by going bankrupt due to its "contract" with the union.
Yes, like the telephone the Unions are needed. But unlike the telephone the adapability is slothful.
The overhead and built in price for less employees paying for MORE folks who retired(and no fault of them) but the concessions that get made ever so many years leads us to this point.

The Top 10 Best-Selling Cars of 2008

Ford F-Series: 515,513
Chevy Silverado: 465,065
Toyota Camry: 436,617
Honda Accord: 372,789
Toyota Corolla: 351,007
Honda Civic: 339,289
Nissan Altima: 269,668
Chevy Impala: 265,840
Dodge Ram: 245,840
Honda CR-V: 197,279

December 2008’s Top 10 Best-Selling Cars

Ford F-Series: 41,580
Chevy Silverado: 33,340
Toyota Camry: 25,275
Honda Accord: 22,348
Toyota Corolla: 22,129
Chevy Impala: 21,148
Chevy Malibu: 17,355 :gnorsi:
Nissan Altima: 17,311
Honda Civic: 17,302
Dodge Ram: 16,618

http://blogs.cars.co...op-10-best.html

We also list the top car sales for the month of December, where the biggest move was made by the Chevy Malibu: It’s now the No. 3 midsize sedan on the market behind the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, besting Nissan Altima sales by a whopping 44 units.

#29 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

I like Pstall.
I'm gonna start a fan club.

#30 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

i didn't call you a d lister i called you a pied piper.

take that however you want

U r made at meh ?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com