Photo
- - - - -

Right Americans Feeling Wronged

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,558 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

You really believe there were no attacks on McCain or Palin? Maybe if you actually watched Keith Olberman instead of Fox once in a while...

I don't watch either. But now that you bring it up - and of course I spent my post describing Palins attacks on Obama, and not, say, O Reilly - what do you think was the single most outrageous slander about McCain that Olbermann said? Would it compare with the Bush campaigns illegitimate baby story in the 2000 SC primaries, or the Karl Rove sponsored Swift Boaters, never mind the crap Limbaugh and Hannity say....

#17 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

I hate to break it to you, but up north people who are NASCAR fans are generally derided, especially the local ones - I liked cars a lot growing up in New England but had no doubt, for whatever ingrained reason, that NASCAR was professional wrestling with wheels. I can totally understand a business reporter not knowing anything about the sport end of the business.

I hate to break it to you but NASCAR fans and, well, most of us from the region it was founded from are well aware of what those in the more traditional blue states think of us on a broad range of issues. I've been to the NE and Calf. several times and have received my share of sly comments about my accent and if I acutally shop at a Piggly Wiggly. The one time I brought up my love of NASCAR at a large 4th of July party in Maine brought out more snickers and smart ass comments than Rupaul at a southern Baptist convention.

In the end we complain somewhat but don't really care. Now that the election excitement is over and the harsh economic reality has set in for most of us not only here but the world in general, I think you will continue to see a more "back to basics" attitude settle in over the next year or two. More people getting back to their roots like family, church and prayer. Ideals that are easily present in all 50 states but seem to always resonate the strongest down in this area of the country. It is what drew us to the racing sport in the first place.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,558 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

Then that "reporter" has no business writing about it unless and until she has done her homework. You can't write about the "business" without worrying about knowing anything about the "product."

The paragraph itself stated that the writer was doing the research on that, so it stands to reason that homework was done prior to the article. She may not want to get into Dale Jr.'s pants, but I would bet she knew things about costs, incomes, sponsorships and the like before she was done.

Or I guess the Times could have hired someone who knows everything about the sport and been treated to an essay on how letting that fine young male Jeff Gordon win is why there is no money coming in.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,558 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

I hate to break it to you but NASCAR fans and, well, most of us from the region it was founded from are well aware of what those in the more traditional blue states think of us on a broad range of issues. I've been to the NE and Calf. several times and have received my share of sly comments about my accent and if I acutally shop at a Piggly Wiggly. The one time I brought up my love of NASCAR at a large 4th of July party in Maine brought out more snickers and smart ass comments than Rupaul at a southern Baptist convention.

In the end we complain somewhat but don't really care. Now that the election excitement is over and the harsh economic reality has set in for most of us not only here but the world in general, I think you will continue to see a more "back to basics" attitude settle in over the next year or two. More people getting back to their roots like family, church and prayer. Ideals that are easily present in all 50 states but seem to always resonate the strongest down in this area of the country. It is what drew us to the racing sport in the first place.

And here I thought it all started from the illegal transportation of distilled spirits.

#20 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

"Just a good old boys, never meaning no harm"

#21 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

The documentary does clearly state that the people in it do not represent the majority of the republicans, just the more interesting people they spoke to.

in her interview with maddow, pelosi hinted at the opposite

They had huge crowds, and I felt they were really underrepresented in the media. I didn’t feel like I saw these people on TV. And when I went out to talk to people, the first thing they would say to me was, "I can't believe you're talking to me."

should people realize that the less the people this documentary were given the spotlight, the better?

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

I don't watch either. But now that you bring it up - and of course I spent my post describing Palins attacks on Obama, and not, say, O Reilly - what do you think was the single most outrageous slander about McCain that Olbermann said? Would it compare with the Bush campaigns illegitimate baby story in the 2000 SC primaries, or the Karl Rove sponsored Swift Boaters, never mind the crap Limbaugh and Hannity say....

Palin attacked Obama's record. You keep mixing and matching things hoping something will stick, Cookinwithteflon.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

Hard Left Liberals and Hard Right Conservatives are just as bad as the other.

They are the minority, and they are ruining our country.

#24 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

They've been ruining our country for hundreds of years.

Has there ever been a time of bipartisan love? Nope.

#25 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,125 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

Palin attacked Obama's record. You keep mixing and matching things hoping something will stick, Cookinwithteflon.

yes his "record" of being a terrorist. "KILL HIM!"

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

yes his "record" of being a terrorist. "KILL HIM!"

That is God's plan.

#27 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

nuke ohio

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,558 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

_"Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country." — Palin, to donors Saturday at a private airport in Englewood, Colo.

_"To tell you the truth, Bill, I don't know why that association isn't discussed more, because those were appalling things that that pastor had said about our great country, and to have sat in the pews for 20 years and listened to that — with, I don't know, a sense of condoning it, I guess, because he didn't get up and leave — to me, that does say something about character. But, you know, I guess that would be a John McCain call on whether he wants to bring that up." Palin, in an interview with William Kristol, published Monday in The New York Times.

_"I'm making it very clear, as I have a couple of times in the past, that there's no place for that kind of campaigning, and the American people don't want it." — McCain, speaking to reporters on April 23 about the North Carolina GOP ad which called Obama "too extreme" because of his association with Wright.

lol

#29 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

lol

I agree with her on all those things.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,558 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Of course, you are not that bright and easily fooled. I'm wondering if Palin thought that America was indeed perfect, why would she bother running for any office?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com