Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashor

I do not want Newton, Do you?

Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America   20 votes

1. 1. Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

274 posts in this topic

horrible comparison. Alex smith dreams about having cam newton's arm. Accuracy is yet to be seen you act like cam threw 40 picks last season. As far as athletic ability, yes i know alex is looked at as a mobile qb but,really how many highlights have you seen of him dodging the pass rush and picking up 20 yards?

I think your still hurt the pick isn't gabbert.

You are kidding right? Alex Smith is the perfect comparison.

Alex Smith had a huge arm coming out, maybe not as big as Newtons, but damned close, go read his scouting reports. Also, Jamarcus Russel has a bigger arm than Newton.

Cam Newton has very mediocre accuracy, I watched him play, I have watched highlights, when he hits those deep throws they are to wiiidddee open receivers 90% of the time. Maybe you missed the combine where he overthrew just about every pass without pressure, no pads, and non covered receivers. Or his pro day where he missed 10 passes also under the same circumstances, only more scripted, I could make those passes without pressure.

As far as highlights of him breaking college player tackles and running away, I can't find any for Alex Smith due to the limited amount of college video of him on youtube, but I can find you Vince Young, Pat White, Troy Smith, and plenty of other shitty nfl qbs who did.

Just about every scouting report says the same thing about Alex Smith and Cam Newton. Except Newton gets knocks for attitude, and character issues, where as Smith does not. Not to mention Smith was the better passer.

1 person likes this

Alex Smith= mobility doesn't live here.

Good try, though, about YouTube.

1 person likes this

patrick peterson has bust written all over him.

Troll-harder.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Dwight

Hey Ashor, I want Taylor Swift. Wonder how she would transition from the cowgirl to the face down ass up position?

1 person likes this

I'm sorry but HOW IN THE HELL is Cam Newton=JaMarcus Russell?????????

Are you only basing this on the fact that they are both black and they both would be/have been #1 picks?

I mean, to me, Newton is a completely different player than Russell.

1 person likes this

he doesn't really compare that well to the busts we just have people that don't really want him trying to link him to every bust under the sun and hope he sticks(alex smith..mr.tiny hands..really?). Right now he compares closer to Steve McNair or Donovan Mcnabb..honestly he's hard to evaluate since there isn't really that many QBs that have played that you can compare to him.

1 person likes this

This thread, it has never been done before!

To be honest, If we had the #1 pick last year, I think the entire board would be split on Bradford also. His injury would have been brought up constantly, and some would have claimed that he'd definitely be a bust and would set the panthers back 40 years.

I guess Ashor doesnt have any answers to back up his statement

1 person likes this

Do you want to draft Cam Newton?

I am so surprised as to how many people are on the Newton bandwagon. He is not a championship quarterback because he is not a pure passer.

Steve Young was not a pure passer, and so isn't Big Ben. So how do you figure?

1 person likes this

Clausen isn't the answer. I do believe he'll improve with the new staff, but I saw more than enough last year to know he'll never be an elite QB. I believe Cam has that potential. He may not be a "pure pocket passer" but neither is Aaron Rodgers.

Newton ran a run-first offense at Auburn, but when he was being recruited out of high school he was a pure pocket passer who had to convince scouts he could run.

There's absolutely ZERO question in my mind that he's got the physical ability to be an elite NFL QB. Can he adjust to the NFL as far as learning a pro offense and reading defenses? Can he get his footwork down? All valid questions, but I believe he can and that his potential is worth taking the big risk on.

To even compare Cam "Run Now" Newton to Aaron Rodgers is ludicrous.

How stupid do you have to be to be convinced that Cam is all of a sudden going to stop running the football and become a pocket passer that only uses his size to evade defenders in the pocket, ala Roethlisberger.

Cam will be Michael Vick without the speed.

I got on board with Clausen because I felt he had real potential. I don't feel the same about Cam. I think he is a huge project and will take 3 to 4 years to develop. I feel Clausen got a bum deal with the injuries to the Oline, rookie WR's, not getting developed properly because Moore got all starter reps in training camp, and then being thrust in so early in the season.

I say draft Dareus, name Clausen the starter and give him all of training camp and play him a lot in preseason and give him 1 more season to prove himself and next year make a move on a QB. Also, bring in a vet to groom him. All he had last year as a mentor was Moore with a total of 8 starts.

If he bombs, chop his nuts off and start over. We drafted 3 QB's last year. Clausen, Edwards and Pike. We don't need to draft another one with the #1 overall pick this year.