Photo
- - - - -

I do not want Newton, Do you?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
273 replies to this topic

#25 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

I understand the whole risk factor thing especially at number 1 but one thing I can't understand is why so many people are worried about us being "set back" when we are already back. We won 2 games, sub par offense and are without question the worst team in our division. We are young, with talent but rebuilding start with the most important position in football.

He is a winner/leader, wants to be great (sports icon) not average ala Fox era, and Media & big game pressure doesn't affect his play he seems to thrive off of it. Could see him being the face of the franchise lifting a small market team ala Lebron did in Cleveland. Is a REAL dual threat QB can beat you with his arm and legs. He has talent that is not as raw as many claim not the finished product but his question marks can be fixed if he is willing to put in the work. A very high ceiling higher than anyone else in this draft imo. All of those quality's with our need at QB is why I want Newton.

Edited by Millions, 09 April 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#26 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:25 AM

Less intelligent, less accurate Alex Smith with character issues and a slight bit more athletic ability.

#27 micnificent28

micnificent28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

Not really seeing the pull of dareus either,He is good at almost everything but,great at nothing. With the number 1 pick i want a potential superstar. Not a guy who is going to clog some running lanes and give me 3 sacks a year.

#28 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

I understand the whole risk factor thing especially at number 1 but one thing I can't understand is why so many people are worried about us being "set back" when we are already back.

A lot of our fans accept losing. 2 wins for the season, and you cant get a pulse from people. Talk about drafting Cam Newton and everyone stands up. We have to change the culture here.

#29 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

A lot of our fans accept losing. 2 wins for the season, and you cant get a pulse from people. Talk about drafting Cam Newton and everyone stands up. We have to change the culture here.

Seemed to work out with The Golden Calf of Bristol.

#30 micnificent28

micnificent28

HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

Less intelligent, less accurate Alex Smith with character issues and a slight bit more athletic ability.

horrible comparison. Alex smith dreams about having cam newton's arm. Accuracy is yet to be seen you act like cam threw 40 picks last season. As far as athletic ability, yes i know alex is looked at as a mobile qb but,really how many highlights have you seen of him dodging the pass rush and picking up 20 yards?

I think your still hurt the pick isn't gabbert.

#31 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

Yeah I hate when I see people talking about they want us to be under the radar f**k that I want high expectations year in and year out. That's why taking a player like Cam who wants to be one of the greats would be a step in the right direction for our us.

#32 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

:nonod: I don't buy the hype and I didn't on Clausen either.

#33 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

To be fair it's not like going "safe" is such a bad thing. Dareus/PP/AJ Green will all be great pro's. Hopefully we get a great player no matter who we pick.

#34 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

patrick peterson has bust written all over him.

#35 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

I am going to trust that Rivera and Hurney will make a good decision. Don't care who it is. If it is Cam I will believe they have done their homework and will be fine with it. Same if it is someone else. It will be interesting to watch, that's for sure. Of course I think trading out of #1 is possible.

Not going to spend any energy on who I want or think they will pick. I think the Panthers will be a much better team and am excited about next season, if there is one.

#36 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

^^^Best post of the thread by far!^^^