44 replies to this topic

#31 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

I guess that's why everyone who ever tries to challenge him for the title fails. If I was in first and the 48 was behind me I know for a fact I would be worried. Since he's the best driver in the world today that makes sense though. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find interviews where Jimmie got in peoples head and fuged them up.

Just look at last year. Denny had the championship in the bag and then he crumbled under the pressure after Jimmie started coming at him hard.

#32 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

no. nobody is scared by seeing the 48 in their mirror!

hahahahaha

geeezus come on man.

f**k the 48.

I got a badass Lowes jacket. I <3 teh 48

#33 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

I guess that's why everyone who ever tries to challenge him for the title fails. If I was in first and the 48 was behind me I know for a fact I would be worried. Since he's the best driver in the world today that makes sense though. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find interviews where Jimmie got in peoples head and f**ked them up.

Just look at last year. Denny had the championship in the bag and then he crumbled under the pressure after Jimmie started coming at him hard.

Formula 1 drivers are 10x better than NASCAR drivers.......

#34 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:45 AM

Do you think people like seeing the 48 in their mirror? If he's there chances are they're going to get passed. It's pretty obvious that most of the guys think he's unbeatable. Just look at how Denny Hamlin reacted last year when Jimmie started putting pressure on him.

Discrediting RCR is just stupid, man. You're grasping at straws with that. They're every bit as good as Hendrick is they just don't go out and sign huge name drivers. If Richard is such a bad owner why didn't Dale sign with a better team after he started dominating? Jimmie and Dale both have drove great equipment during their career so that point is moot.

Jimmie has finished 5th twice, 2nd twice, and 1st 5 times. He has 54 career wins in around 350 career starts.

Dale Earnhardt has 7 championships and 76 wins in around 700 starts.

Therefore if Jimmie continues at this pace he'll have at least 15 more wins than Dale Earnhardt and a few more championships than him at the exact same time in their careers. After you add in the huge spike in competition, it's obvious Jimmie is the man.

By your logic Bill Russel was better than Michael Jordan, & Ben Roethlisberger is better than Peyton Manning. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about Championships, I'm talking about dominating on the race track. Nobody out there drives like Dale did, he wanted to win every single race.

#35 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

By your logic Bill Russel was better than Michael Jordan, & Ben Roethlisberger is better than Peyton Manning. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about Championships, I'm talking about dominating on the race track. Nobody out there drives like Dale did, he wanted to win every single race.

7 Championships and 54 wins is dominating. Jimmie has dominated just as much as Dale ever did hence why they've started calling him "The Dominator" Do you not think that every single driver out there doesn't "want" to win every single race? Do you think that all the drivers besides Dale just go out there and don't care if they win or lose? You're seriously destroying all credibility now, dude.

and F-1 is a completely different thing. Their drivers would suck in NASCAR and NASCAR drivers would suck in F-1. It isn't even comparable.

#36 PantherFanTom

PantherFanTom

Meh.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

I would say Jimmie Johnson is in the conversation with Richard Petty, David Pearson, Dale Earnhardt, Cale Yarbarough, etc. He might not have the "Earnhardt attitude" and he's not flashy but he gets results. Period. He's won every big race there is to win; Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, Southern 500, Coca-Cola 600, the All-Star race. Not to mention five consecutive championships along with two runner up finishes. If Johnson continues at this pace you could make a very solid argument that he is the best ever. There is no ceiling for how much more Johnson can accomplish.

#37 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

Since when did the gay ass 48 win 7 championships?

And if it wasn't for the crooked ass chase, he wouldn't have any of them.

#38 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Since when did the gay ass 48 win 7 championships?

And if it wasn't for the crooked ass chase, he wouldn't have any of them.

He has 5. The chase is the best thing that has happened to NASCAR. Every sport needs a playoff system. I guess you want football and basketball championships to be decided by the regular season too?

#39 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

He has 5. The chase is the best thing that has happened to NASCAR. Every sport needs a playoff system. I guess you want football and basketball championships to be decided by the regular season too?

You're a moron.

Jimmie Johnson got lucky last year. He was around 7-8th best all year long & then won a few of the last 10 races while everyone else struggled.

You do know that Dale would have 9 or 10 championships had they used the BS system they use today, right?

NASCAR is a complete & utter joke compared to what it wasd in the 80's & 90's.

#40 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

Dale Earnhardt

Richard Petty

Jeff Gordon
Cale Yarborough
Junior Johnson
Jimmie Johnson
Darryl Waltrip
...several others I've missed off the top of my head.

...everybody else

#41 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

Richard Petty

Dale

Everybody else.

#42 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

Richard Petty

Dale

Everybody else.

:rolleyes:

#43 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

You're a moron.

Jimmie Johnson got lucky last year. He was around 7-8th best all year long & then won a few of the last 10 races while everyone else struggled.

You do know that Dale would have 9 or 10 championships had they used the BS system they use today, right?

NASCAR is a complete & utter joke compared to what it wasd in the 80's & 90's.

He won 5 races last year before the chase. He was hardly coasting to a title. I can't help that Jimmie Johnson dominates in the playoffs. If it's so easy to win a title why doesn't another driver do it?

#44 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,128 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

Jimmie is not on the level of a driver as dale

#45 PantherFanTom

PantherFanTom

Meh.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

False. Dale Earnhardt would have won five championships had the chase always been in place.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3576522

I personally like the Chase. It's not perfect but it's better than the old system when you often knew who the champion would be by the time they got back to Daytona in July.

I know I'm in the minority but I would rank David Pearson ahead of Petty or Earnhardt in terms of pure driving ability.

Edited by PantherFanTom, 26 April 2011 - 03:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com