Kurb

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

3,941 posts in this topic

Nice one. But not really looking to be "comforted." I do prefer darker themed shows. My favorites are Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead.

But I get more entertainment from shows that do not merely build the few characters with redeeming qualities up only to kill them horribly.

I like to have characters I can root for. Now I would be rooting for Dany, but at this point it is hard not to expect her to face a tragic ending too. Meh. What is the point? Simply to show the worst possible outcome over and over again?

There are good things about the show - but certainly disappointed.

Kind of like they did to Rita and Doakes in Dexter?  

ned stark sucked a dick, that's why he died

the dumb motherfuger deserved it too

1 person likes this

Valar Morghulis. That goes for Lannisters as well.

Keep in mind there are at least 4-5 Stark family members still alive.

True. This show is very different from others. It does what it does well. But damn. lol.

A perpetual and epic tragedy.

1 person likes this

Robb was an oathbreaker who threw away his chance at victory because he was horny. And Cat was the one who started the war in the first place. These are not the great and noble characters you've imagined them to be.

6 people like this

Kind of like they did to Rita and Doakes in Dexter?  

dale, andrea, tdog, lori...he's really gonna hate it when he meets lucille on Walking Dead

i wish people would stop pouting and start appreciating the strength of the storytelling that lead them to have such a profound emotional response over the deaths of people that don't even exist

6 people like this

Nice one. But not really looking to be "comforted." I do prefer darker themed shows. My favorites are Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead.

But I get more entertainment from shows that do not merely build the few characters with redeeming qualities up only to kill them horribly.

I like to have characters I can root for. Now I would be rooting for Dany, but at this point it is hard not to expect her to face a tragic ending too. Meh. What is the point? Simply to show the worst possible outcome over and over again?

There are good things about the show - but certainly disappointed.

There are a lot of people like you. My wife hasn't watched this episode yet and I am thinking about just telling her what happened so she will keep watching with me. After all she quit Dexter after his wife was killed by the trinity killer.

BUT what makes these events so great along with Ned's beheading is that it instills real suspense because it reinforces the notion that no one is safe and all decisions have consequences.

Robb Stark was an oath breaker. In times of war that has consequences even if you do it for admirable purposes like love.

2 people like this

Robb was an oathbreaker who threw away his chance at victory because he was horny. And Cat was the one who started the war in the first place. These are not the great and noble characters you've imagined them to be.

...but ....but ...but NED

dale, andrea, tdog, lori...he's really gonna hate it when he meets lucille on Walking Dead

i wish people would stop pouting and start appreciating the strength of the storytelling that lead them to have such a profound emotional response over the deaths of people that don't even exist

For what it's worth, I've read the WD Comics and know what you speak of.

Maybe I just never forgave/got over Ned's death. I really enjoyed that character.

I am curious on the direction of the show - and I do wish the scales would balance a bit and the Lannisters would reap more of the karma they have sowed. One thing this show is great at is creating bad guys that you hate.

Because in the Game of Thrones, honorable and good people do not win. 

FWIW, in the books even, I don't think we've really seen much of the "bad guys" yet...

The main characters you know are all just players for power, and are mortals in a land of waking gods...

Winter is coming.

6 people like this

FWIW, in the books even, I don't think we've really seen much of the "bad guys" yet...

The main characters you know are all just players for power, and are mortals in a land of waking gods...

Winter is coming.

Right, everyone is so busy with their own power plays they forget about the lurking shadow way up north.   No one has a care for the men at the watch.   Not now at least.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead