63 replies to this topic

#1 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, whose outspoken libertarian views and folksy style made him a cult hero during two previous presidential campaigns, will announce on Tuesday that he's going to try a third time.

Sources close to Paul, who is in his 12th term in the House, said he will unveil an exploratory presidential committee, a key step in gearing up for a White House race. He will also unveil the campaign’s leadership team in Iowa, where the first votes of the presidential election will be cast in caucuses next year.

http://www.nationalj...mpaign-20110425

#2 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

#3 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

I hope he picks Johnson as VP, that would be a tough act to beat. Ventura won't be his VP unless he runs as an Indie.

Edited by ChucktownK, 25 April 2011 - 07:00 PM.

#4 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

He would be an awesome Prez even though nothing would be passed during his time.

Too bad most of us are stuck to the government teat and wouldn't vote for a guy like Paul.

#5 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

All opinions of Paul aside. By the end of his first term he would be 81 years old.

#6 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

He would be an awesome Prez even though nothing would be passed during his time.

Too bad most of us are stuck to the government teat and wouldn't vote for a guy like Paul.

Well, at this point it shouldn't matter to anyone because those on the government take aren't gonna be getting any more because we're about to enter extreme inflation and I don't see the govt. giving it's people any money at that point.

All opinions of Paul aside. By the end of his first term he would be 81 years old.

The majority of his supporters are the younger generations. I have no problem at all with age. I base my decisions on the candidates actions, views and VP.

#7 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Ron Paul to lose 3rd presidential campaign.

#8 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Well, at this point it shouldn't matter to anyone because those on the government take aren't gonna be getting any more because we're about to enter extreme inflation and I don't see the govt. giving it's people any money at that point.

Believe that if you want. I think the economy could tank, but O and his fellow Democrats will find someone to swipe money from to hand out to their support base.

The majority of his supporters are the younger generations. I have no problem at all with age. I base my decisions on the candidates actions, views and VP.

Yeah but you need to be hip and cool, regardless of competency, to be the Prez. Just being pragmatic. I would vote for Paul, but I know he wouldn't get passed the primaries.

#9 Matt Moore

Matt Moore

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Ron Paul to lose 3rd presidential campaign.

WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF??.. wait nvm

#10 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,197 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

go ron go

#11 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,075 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

only dude in DC with brass ones

#12 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

Time to look up the Ron Paul meetup group again.

Much easier to prove the false dichotomy this time. Obama = endless war, Bush = endless war, Obama = shredding the Constitution, Bush = Shredding the Constitution, Obama = bailouts, Bush = bailouts.

The only hope is with the proles though. Not sure they have awakened enough. Judging by this board it is doubtful. It's fun destroying the neocon/fake liberal arguments though regardless.

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,970 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Just can't bring myself to vote for someone with his fundie/social conservative background. I'm more interested in Johnson. Paul sparked the 'movement,' but he needs to pass it on to someone younger that isn't bogged down by his old timey thinking.

#14 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,032 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

I wish it was possible

#15 awdeansr

awdeansr

Anti-Federalists