Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Htar

Now that Iran has enough enriched

88 posts in this topic

That's the big problem with these arab countries having nukes in my opinion is that although there are other crazies out there with nukes (see N. Korea) none of them have sworn to wipe Israel off the map. I don't doubt for one minute that there are arab governements or factions of those governments that would gladly risk the fallout (no pun intended) of a nuclear attack on Israel that could ignite the whole world.

That's the big problem with these arab countries having nukes in my opinion is that although there are other crazies out there with nukes (see N. Korea) none of them have sworn to wipe Israel off the map. I don't doubt for one minute that there are arab governements or factions of those governments that would gladly risk the fallout (no pun intended) of a nuclear attack on Israel that could ignite the whole world.

God help us all if someone nukes Israel. Jesus H.

Fiz, dude, grow up... there's no point in arguing with you about this or anything else. You see the good in all the actions of everyone out there EXCEPT the United States. That is your right as an American, but I don't have to agree with it.

do you understand how argumentation works?

iran is already arguably the most powerful country in the world. it could completely shut down any oil from leaving the persian gulf if it wanted to. it could cripple the worlds economy, and assuming you know anything about the way food is grown and transported in this country (which you likely don't), it could starve the united states. there'd be very little the US navy could do to stop this.

there is no reason at all for iran to develop nukes. it's already going broke importing gasoline for its people since it doesn't have refining capabilities. there is no evidence at all that they're using the enriched uranium to build weapons. their only other option for power is russia, and if you follow world news at all (which you probably don't) you can be sure that people don't want to be stuck to russia's teat.

do you have a specific response to any of these assertions? do you have any facts at all? do you have anything to bring to the table besides a worthless ad hominem?

That's the big problem with these arab countries having nukes in my opinion is that although there are other crazies out there with nukes (see N. Korea) none of them have sworn to wipe Israel off the map.

yeah this never happened.

the phrase "Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad" was intentionally mistranslated by an israeli english language newspaper founded by a former member of Mossad. you know what that means right?

what he really was doing was quoting someone saying they would wipe out the israeli regime from the pages of history, which is quite f*cking different than "wipe israel off the map." Nagsheh, which means map, isn't even in what he said. you were lied to and it's your fault because you believed it.

by any definition at all applied without any biases israel is a terrorist actor in the region. the people are trying right now to elect a party (likud) that likely committed war crimes. Netanyahu wants to expel arabs from the country, and they've already tried to strip away the rights of arab parties to participate in parliament.

it's an apartheid state and he was justified in wanting to get rid of their government. everyone who truly wants a peaceful middle east should want to get rid of the current israeli politicians, just like wanting to get rid of bush and his band of merry idiots.

I don't doubt for one minute that there are arab governements or factions of those governments that would gladly risk the fallout (no pun intended) of a nuclear attack on Israel that could ignite the whole world.

please name which arab government you think would like to wipe out themselves just to get in a shot at israel?

1 person likes this

do you understand how argumentation works?

iran is already arguably the most powerful country in the world. it could completely shut down any oil from leaving the persian gulf if it wanted to. it could cripple the worlds economy, and assuming you know anything about the way food is grown and transported in this country (which you likely don't), it could starve the united states. there'd be very little the US navy could do to stop this.

there is no reason at all for iran to develop nukes. it's already going broke importing gasoline for its people since it doesn't have refining capabilities. there is no evidence at all that they're using the enriched uranium to build weapons. their only other option for power is russia, and if you follow world news at all (which you probably don't) you can be sure that people don't want to be stuck to russia's teat.

do you have a specific response to any of these assertions? do you have any facts at all? do you have anything to bring to the table besides a worthless ad hominem?

Like I said Fiz, there is no point in arguing with you... you already have your assumptions made up about me and anyone else on here that disagrees with anything you say. You don't know me, don't know what I know or don't know, but you assume to.

then here's your chance to prove me wrong. Show us all what you know.

How do you argue with someone who thinks Iran is the most powerful country in the world?

How do you argue with someone who thinks Iran is the most powerful country in the world?

iran could destroy the entire world's economy by simply making it untenable to get oil out of the strait of hormuz. they don't even have to do anything militarily, just drive up the price of insurance so that it's too expensive for anyone to do it. this is an amazing bargaining chip that no one with the exception of russia can really measure up to.

in asymmetrical warfare, america has shown itself to be incredibly lacking, and all of our high tech equipment nothing but a paper tiger.

if you're stuck in a cold war mindset that whoever has the most weapons is the most important than yeah it's kinda ridiculous. however things have changed a lot in the last two decades, and thinking about global power should reflect that.

i don't think that will last much longer. i have a hunch in the next decade oil is going to become next to obsolete. i think we're about to see a 90sish tech boom that pulls us out of the recession and steers us away from antiquated oil tech. the relationship era of our economy (emphasizing brand over product/innovation) is due to end.

If Iran decided to try and shut down the Straits of Hormuz, that would last about a week, maybe two. Thats about the length of time it would take the US Navy to sweep the straits for mines, and destroy all Iranian missile's within range of the Straits.

i don't think that will last much longer. i have a hunch in the next decade oil is going to become next to obsolete. i think we're about to see a 90sish tech boom that pulls us out of the recession and steers us away from antiquated oil tech.

I think your timeline is off. It will take more like 25 years. Can't remember where it was, but I seem to remember reading something that said that even if we stop driving cars altogether, we would still need to import oil. Its used in to many products, and will take a while to wean us from it.

But I do agree it can and will happen eventually.

If Iran decided to try and shut down the Straits of Hormuz, that would last about a week, maybe two. Thats about the length of time it would take the US Navy to sweep the straits for mines, and destroy all Iranian missile's within range of the Straits.

i know that this is a tender subject for you but even if there were a few battle groups they'd still not be able to do much, especially if they openly provoked iran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

the falklands showed that huge naval groups are kinda obsolete, and the cole showed that it doesn't take much to knock out even the biggest ship. that said, two weeks of no oil would be absolutely catastrophic. and even if the US navy could without a doubt secure the straits (which the operation above shows it probably couldn't) it's not like the the presence of battle ships would necessarily lower insurance prices.

"nope nothing to see here totally safe."