333 replies to this topic

#271 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,233 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

By all means mr scot, if you draft a guy number 1, you do intend on him being the franchise. Not that he is a superstar right now,but we have alot invested in him.

Pretty sure they didn't draft Clausen with the intention of watching him bust either.

Bill Parcells used to say "don't put him in Canton just yet", and that's good advice. Be optimistic by all means, but understand this thing is gonna take time (and patience).

I want to give the FO and management their props which they deserve. The Panthers are now pioneers. You gotta put us up with the Steelers and the Eagles. Latin HC, black QB, Panthers have silenced their critics like myself who've been vocal about their lack of diversity.

"Pioneers" implies doing something that hasn't been done before. This isn't the first time a black quarterback has been drafted at number one or in the first round. It isn't even the first time one has been drafted by the Panthers.

They picked him because they believed he was the best option. He could have been Vietnamese and the result would have been the same.

#272 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

http://twitter.com/#...004977047244801

@carolinagrowl Steve Reed
Cam Newton want to keep his No. 2 jersey but "things have to be taken care of first." That's Jimmy Clausen's number.

#273 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Cam Newton want to keep his No. 2 jersey but "things have to be taken care of first." That's Jimmy Clausen's number.

Posted Image:lurk5:

Edited by ncmonzta, 29 April 2011 - 12:21 PM.

#274 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Cut his ass.

#275 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,233 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

I'm laughing at Sorenson's latest (link)

I wrote six weeks ago that Carolina would and should select Newton. It was lonely out there then.

He got called out for seeming to predict it at the time and backed off saying "I'm not predicting anything, just saying that's what it looks like" and now that it's happened he's going "I called it all along" :rolleyes: :lol:

#276 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

Cut his ass.

I actually think there's a really good chance they sign a veteran, keep Moore as the 2 and cut Claussen outright. I'm serious.

#277 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

On behalf of Rivera and all the Cam supporters, I'd like to thank Clausen, John Fox, Hurney, Mr.Richardson, and last but not least Andrew Luck for fuggin up bad enough to get us Cam Newton.:thumbsup:

#278 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

I actually think there's a really good chance they sign a veteran, keep Moore as the 2 and cut Claussen outright. I'm serious.

I was serious. Cut his ass. They didn't invest a lot of money in him. I think they should bring in a veteran and send Pickles packing. Then give Cam #2.

#279 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

No more " hate black qbs" talk from Taharqa. Its over!!!

rep

#280 WarCamEagle

WarCamEagle

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

I am trying to start a thread but don't have permission to yet. Just wanted to say congrats from an Auburn fan. I have been going to Auburn games my whole life and seen a lot of great players. Cam brought more excitement and fun than anyone before. Everyone outside of Auburn hates Cam because of the media's stance of the NCAA mess, especially ESPN. What people don't see is what Cam really is. His passion other than football is children. He took time every week to go mentor kids at elementary schools around Auburn. You can go to youtube and look for Auburn Everyday videos for behind the scenes. Not going to make this any longer but Carolina just got a buttload of new fans from Auburn. Atlanta probably lost most of us but they drafted Julio the Forehead Jones.

War Eagle and go Panthers!

#281 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,986 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

No more " hate black qbs" talk from Taharqa. Its over!!!

I really hope so... I know some of you wanna let this drop, but this is a discussion board after all. KT talked a lot of serious sh*t about the ownership, FO and fans of the Panthers. Now we've drafted a black QB and we'll see where it goes from there.

As I told KT many times that I would, I fully support Cam and hope he comes out and tears it up. He is now MY quarterback too.

#282 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Atlanta kicked butt!

I hate to say it. Carolina picked a guy that will take a couple years to develop (if that) and the Falcons took someone who will help them now and for years to come.

Winners/losers...

that defense could have used those 5 picks.. we'll see. I wouldn't crown them at all yet.

#283 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

I am trying to start a thread but don't have permission to yet. Just wanted to say congrats from an Auburn fan. I have been going to Auburn games my whole life and seen a lot of great players. Cam brought more excitement and fun than anyone before. Everyone outside of Auburn hates Cam because of the media's stance of the NCAA mess, especially ESPN. What people don't see is what Cam really is. His passion other than football is children. He took time every week to go mentor kids at elementary schools around Auburn. You can go to youtube and look for Auburn Everyday videos for behind the scenes. Not going to make this any longer but Carolina just got a buttload of new fans from Auburn. Atlanta probably lost most of us but they drafted Julio the Forehead Jones.

Welcome to the New Carolina Panthers!!!enjoy

#284 WarCamEagle

WarCamEagle

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

Being an Auburn fan from Alabama, I have seen enough of Julio "Forehead" Jones. He drops about 5 passes per game. If anyone had butterfingers it would be him. He is a physical talent, but not worth what they gave up. They are in a win now mode and are sacrificing their future for it.

#285 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com