• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

So...you mentioned all the key FAs but Kalil. That, um, really worries me.

Kalil was franchised, he will be back next year.

#62 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

really wanted johnny patrick

#63 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

Keeping Marshall would be huge. Seems like JR's master plan is coming together.

#64 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,533 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. After last season, I feel like the Panthers owe the fans a little something, so a little inside info couldn't hurt.

I completely agree on Marshall, he is overrated and wants too much money for what he is worth. He was a great nickel corner and is a great tackler, but his man coverage is suspect. Godfrey took a lot of heat for Marshall's blown coverages.

I also want to add how solid I think our secondary could be if we could add a good corner through free agency or next year's draft. If Munnerlyn and Hogan are 3 and 4, and we can add a stop-gap guy through free agency I will be very pleased.

Also I remember reading somewhere that Meek's cover-2 scheme utilized more zone than man for the corners and that Gamble didn't like that because he is a better man corner. Will McDermont/Rivera's defense be more man coverage or not?

Finally, I feel like I'm only asking questions about the secondary, but wtf happened with Gamble last year? Is it a future problem, or a dispute with Fox? I pray the latter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com