Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera On 99.9 the Fan

49 posts in this topic

Posted

V.Jax = The Abert Haynesworth of WR's

well rivera knows him and unlike haynesworth he's actually played well consistently.

Posted

If we get a good deal for Smitty I'll be thrilled. I'll miss him, but I drool at the thought of extra draft picks now.

Posted

I like how he addressed Steve Smith and making it known to him that Steve Smith is not greater than the team. Which is the way it should be.

Posted

when Rivera was talking about the pick then ight of the draft he said they really liked his ability to make plays as a runner, not scrambling, and this was part of the bit in which they were talking about how they had modified the playbook for him etc. It sounded to me like they thought his legs were more valuable than as a scrambler.

I don't expect him to run anywhere near how many times he ran at Auburn but it really sounded like they had some plans for his legs.

I'll listen to this when I can get a podcast to see what he said but yeah.

I didn't get a chance to listen to it either.. so now I missed both references. ;)

I don't doubt it might have sounded like that in the presser, I'll take your word for it. I just hope it's not true. I don't see the benefit when compared to the risk, IMO..

I mean, a couple times is fine.. to me, more than 5 is getting carried away...

Posted

I have to say I liked everything Rivera said about using Newton. I'm glad that aren't trying to create Vick 2.0, Newton doesn't even fit that mold. He doesnt seem scared in the pocket, unlike the useless Jimmy Clausen. Claw Daddy seemed to run for his life on ever other passing pay. The ones were he didn't fumble the snap or just get sacked 2 seconds after the ball was hiked.

Posted

Ron Rivera is WRONG! Cam "Fake" Newton is a One-Read and Run QB. He has accuracy issues and is too stupid to understand complex plays! He needs to GTFO of the Panther's organization

-Signed

Anti-Cam Newton Club

:rolleyes:

Dont forget that he's a Criminal and a Thug! And an arrogant Black!

Co-signed

The Not really racists but just pointing out his character flaws smokescreen CLUB

:out:

1 person likes this

Posted

Dont forget that he's a Criminal and a Thug! And an arrogant Black!

Co-signed

The Not really racists but just pointing out his character flaws smokescreen CLUB

:out:

and who exactly are you referring to?

Posted

Thanks for the recap, I was like this :jc: but now I'm like this :cam:

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the recap, I was like this :jc: but now I'm like this :cam:

Best use of the new smilies thus far!

Posted

I didn't get a chance to listen to it either.. so now I missed both references. ;)

I don't doubt it might have sounded like that in the presser, I'll take your word for it. I just hope it's not true. I don't see the benefit when compared to the risk, IMO..

I mean, a couple times is fine.. to me, more than 5 is getting carried away...

The bare bones of it was they talked about situations where you get Cam out on the edge in pass run options. With Stewart or D-Will and Steve Smith on the team this could be absolutely lethal.

He said it wouldn't be him running up the middle like he did in college except on 3rd and short situations and goal line situations.

Posted

The bare bones of it was they talked about situations where you get Cam out on the edge in pass run options. With Stewart or D-Will and Steve Smith on the team this could be absolutely lethal.

He said it wouldn't be him running up the middle like he did in college except on 3rd and short situations and goal line situations.

a lot different perspective than I was thinking.. I'm curious as to what exactly they were talking about though. a type of option play? rollouts were expected, and simply take advantage of his athleticism.. that is fully expected and would be stupid not to implement, especially early on.. hardly a running play though.

as Rivera stated, keep him away from taking hits..

Posted

I have to say I liked everything Rivera said about using Newton. I'm glad that aren't trying to create Vick 2.0, Newton doesn't even fit that mold. He doesnt seem scared in the pocket, unlike the useless Jimmy Clausen. Claw Daddy seemed to run for his life on ever other passing pay. The ones were he didn't fumble the snap or just get sacked 2 seconds after the ball was hiked.

Well, "Claw Daddy" as you referreed to him was getting the poo pounded out of him in the pocket. Our OLine was injured and terrible last year.

If you put Cam in that sam situation, he will also take a beating.

Solid OLine play is CRITICAL to any level of success this season.