#151 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,236 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

I'd EAT out all the time BECAUSE I'd be scared to cook IN a trailer. Those things burn as "FAST" as tissue paper.

#152 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,236 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

I am sooo happy when they do well. The money isn't the issue, its' the experience.

You stoll this quote from Saltman's thread about hookers

#153 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

I even have apologized for my complicated orders telling them that something like that "I'm sorry it's so much, but I am just a picky eater." I have been NICER to them than they are to me most of the time. WHY? Most of the servers don't even try their best. For example, I had one waitress that I apologized to her for my complicated orders. She came with the ONE appetizer with NO ranch and NO salsa, but before I could remind her, she automatically was like "you ordered ranch and salsa", so I didn't say anything, she went and got it, NO apology, NONE, NONE, NONE!! Do you see that she couldn't have POSSIBLY compared her written order(THAT MEANS THAT SHE DIDN'T TRY HER BEST) to the ONE PLATE of food she was bringing out, because I can see missing ONE, but TWO, NO, I don't see that as she looked over things. Plus, if she was miss forgetful, she could have offered to bring those condiments out ahead of time to avoid that and I honestly think if she would have tried her best by reading her written order over she would have said she was sorry.I?

A)Order off the menu or stay the fug at home. If it's allergy related...awesome.

B) You would like Ranch

#154 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

I would do everything to ensure the customers would get what they need. You don't seem to be that way with your attitude.

I made $96 in a little over 3 hours tonight at an applebee's, my personality and "attitude" outsiide of work doesn't coexist with my personality as a server. Obviously my customers enjoy their experience if I rarely see a tip less than 30%.

And btw, why is it soooo important for your server to apologize over minor things like condiments (if they're that important to you, carry extras in your purse. Its just an arms length away.)

#155 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

Bitches in FEMA trailers don't like being charged $2 more for their alcohol.

#156 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,583 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

For example, I would not be auctioning off drinks if I were a server. I would write it down as the table looked such as

If the table was situated like this

xx
xx

I would put it like that on my paper.

1. coke 2. dr. pepper
3. diet coke 4. tea w/lemon

I wouldn't be so lazy like some of these lazy servers that ask you again "Who had the coke", WHO had the dr. pepper", etc.

One time, this lazy waitress did this and I was in a party of FOUR. I understand it was very busy, but still, that LOOKS BAD, IT REALLY DOES. It makes the servers look like a lazy idiot.

That's just one example of lazy servers. I know how I would be.

I would also when I would run food to a table that wasn't mine, OFFER refills or anything they would need instead of serve-n-run, because I know as a customer how it feels to be that person that gets their food, something is wrong or you need a refill, your server isn't there and the person that ran the food could give a care less since it's not their money on the line since it's not their table.

I would do everything to ensure the customers would get what they need. You don't seem to be that way with your attitude.

It's not displeasing, sometimes the servers are. I can't control them, can I?

First off, those positions are too general. You need to be pointing out where the kitchen is. all your seat numbers depend on where your back is in relation to the kitchen :)

Obviously you are going to pooty restaurants b/c the first thing you are taught as a server OR food runner is to not auction off food. They use the phrase "We are not a Golden Corral", so this reaffirms my suspicions that you are going to cheap low class restaurants.

Good servers remember who had what drink with a table of 4 without having to write it down. I smoke pot and I can still have the short term memory ability to remember which one person out of 4 had a dr. pepper.

also, offering refills to other tables that aren't yours. that's like the 5th thing you learn as a server. once again, you are going to pooty restaurants.

I would do everything to ensure the customers would get what they need.

thanks captain obvious for defining the purpose of a server.

Does anyone else agree that this is just too easy? I mean, wayyy too easy.

#157 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,951 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

Some people just eat out way too much.

#158 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

i LOVE to CAPATILIZE words i FEEL are KEY

#159 Springs1

Springs1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

And btw, why is it soooo important for your server to apologize over minor things like condiments

Because if you mess up, you should apologize just as the server expects a "Thank you" when things are being brought to the table instead of nothing, because in their eyes it would show that you don't appreciate what they just brought you as the server's feelings and as the customer's feelings, you want MORE MONEY, RIGHT? Well, do you think you are going to get more money(being forgiven more) by being nice as pie or being an uncaring person by not apologizing? I would think if I would say I was sorry as a server I would get forgiven just a bit more in the tip than if I said nothing, I would probably get a not-so-great tip. WHY? Because by law, we don't have to tip in a party of 2.

So do you think a customer should not say "Thank you" when their server brings them a refill or ranch or whatever? If you think they shouldn't, that's not very good manners, is it?

If you want my money, don't you think you better be NICE instead of uncaring and mean? Admit blame if it's your fault and you will get a better tip than if you don't.

So the server should just not care about me, but I have to care about that they only make $2.13/hr? I am serious here, so I should be caring, but they don't have to? That's BS!!

(if they're that important to you, carry extras in your purse. Its just an arms length away.)

First off, I go to a restaurant ESPECIALLY for their ranch or tartar sauce or bbq sauce. Secondly, they are FREE at most restaurants. Thirdly, WHY should I bring my own when it's embarrassing for one and two, it's free? They don't sell that kind of ranch in stores anyway. I have tried all kinds of bottles that I have thrown in the garbage I didn't like.

#160 Springs1

Springs1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

First off, those positions are too general. You need to be pointing out where the kitchen is. all your seat numbers depend on where your back is in relation to the kitchen :)

No relation to where you started, then go clockwise. Make a starting point, which could be against the wall for example.

Obviously you are going to pooty restaurants b/c the first thing you are taught as a server OR food runner is to not auction off food. They use the phrase "We are not a Golden Corral", so this reaffirms my suspicions that you are going to cheap low class restaurants.

You can have bad service ANYWHERE and you know it.

Good servers remember who had what drink with a table of 4 without having to write it down. I smoke pot and I can still have the short term memory ability to remember which one person out of 4 had a dr. pepper.

No, good servers WRITE it down, because we ALL forget even when we write things down. The good servers TRY to remember instead of trying not to remember by just holding it in their memory only.

also, offering refills to other tables that aren't yours. that's like the 5th thing you learn as a server. once again, you are going to pooty restaurants.

NO, again, it's the SERVER, NOT the restaurant that makes or breaks your experience.

#161 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,583 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

Because if you mess up, you should apologize just as the server expects a "Thank you" when things are being brought to the table instead of nothing, because in their eyes it would show that you don't appreciate what they just brought you as the server's feelings and as the customer's feelings, you want MORE MONEY, RIGHT? Well, do you think you are going to get more money(being forgiven more) by being nice as pie or being an uncaring person by not apologizing? I would think if I would say I was sorry as a server I would get forgiven just a bit more in the tip than if I said nothing, I would probably get a not-so-great tip. WHY? Because by law, we don't have to tip in a party of 2.

So do you think a customer should not say "Thank you" when their server brings them a refill or ranch or whatever? If you think they shouldn't, that's not very good manners, is it?

If you want my money, don't you think you better be NICE instead of uncaring and mean? Admit blame if it's your fault and you will get a better tip than if you don't.

So the server should just not care about me, but I have to care about that they only make $2.13/hr? I am serious here, so I should be caring, but they don't have to? That's BS!!

First off, I go to a restaurant ESPECIALLY for their ranch or tartar sauce or bbq sauce. Secondly, they are FREE at most restaurants. Thirdly, WHY should I bring my own when it's embarrassing for one and two, it's free? They don't sell that kind of ranch in stores anyway. I have tried all kinds of bottles that I have thrown in the garbage I didn't like.

At this point after reading all your spew, I don't think any amount of money is worth ever having to wait on you.

I suggest you just start staying home to save the servers from having you as "that table".

Also I have a strange feeling your food has been fuged with multiple times.

#162 Springs1

Springs1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

[quote name='Panthro'][QUOTE]A)Order off the menu or stay the fug at home.[/QUOTE]

I order off the menu. Ranch IS on the menu, DUH!!

If I have to order as it comes I wouldn't be EVER going out to eat. I have every right to order it "MY WAY" just as you want that bigger than 20% tip.

#163 Springs1

Springs1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

At this point after reading all your spew, I don't think any amount of money is worth ever having to wait on you.

I suggest you just start staying home to save the servers from having you as "that table".

Also I have a strange feeling your food has been fuged with multiple times.

You are so mean. I would stiff you if you were to serve me. What an uncaring person you are.

What is wrong with treating you the way you treated me in the tip, huh?

#164 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,583 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

NO, again, it's the SERVER, NOT the restaurant that makes or breaks your experience.

I'm not sure I am understanding, maybe if you write it in a larger font next time I could understand.

you are going to pooty, cheap restaurants so you should expect pooty, cheap service because you are probably going to leave a pooty, cheap tip.

Does that help you understand?

#165 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,331 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

Spings1 has encountered the WRATH OF BOO!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com