Had to get voted in to the all star race

#2 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

The All Star Race was good until they had to stop it like 124353445 in the last 50 laps. That just ruined it.

#3 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

Had to get voted in to the all star race

Disappointing performance from him to say the least. Mailed it in for the pre-lim race since he knew he had the fan vote in the bag, then once he got there, it looked like he could have cared less about even improving his position during the race.

I root for the guy since he's local but in reality he's just an average driver who has had larger than life expectations thrown at him ever since Sr. died. It's got to be difficult when your name is exactly the same as arguably the greatest stock car driver ever.

#4 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

People expect way too much from Earnhardt, Jr. Most seem to have a false sense of ability tied to him when in fact he's just another average Cup Driver.

#5 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

He has these unrealistic expectations put on him because he has been given major NASCAR rides based on his name alone.

He is marginal as a driver at best. I wish we could all admit to that.

#6 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,830 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

Any other year some of this would have even more credence but he's 4th in the standings ahead of such legends as Stewart and Gordon

#7 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

Any other year some of this would have even more credence but he's 4th in the standings ahead of such legends as Stewart and Gordon

He rarely crashes a car. I don't think he will ever win a championship, but he will always be lurking around if he continues to finish the race with all the fenders on.

#8 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

I will say this, I am not a fan of his on the track but he is definitely one kick-ass guy.

#9 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

Dale Sr. "Damn boy, you aint got no balls! You should grab a wrench and try chainging tires!"

#10 njpanther

njpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

Disappointing performance from him to say the least. Mailed it in for the pre-lim race since he knew he had the fan vote in the bag, then once he got there, it looked like he could have cared less about even improving his position during the race.

I root for the guy since he's local but in reality he's just an average driver who has had larger than life expectations thrown at him ever since Sr. died. It's got to be difficult when your name is exactly the same as arguably the greatest stock car driver ever.

So is Junior's real name is David Pearson or Richard Petty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com