Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When the Lockout Ends....

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Then what!? We will all be foaming at the mouth and trying to beat one another at posting the latest and greatest rumors and breaking news!! I can't wait! Until then, here's another pooty thread for everybody to argue in.

At least I've self admittedly called my own thread pooty! None the less, watch it get at least 100 replies and the countless arguments will be priceless!

Let the games begin!

(TRD this is the perfect thread for you to rant in)

Posted · Report post

When the lockout ends we can get back to some good old fashioned starting QB speculation and just general Clausen bashing.

Let the good times roll.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fjblair']When the lockout ends we can get back to some good old fashioned starting QB speculation and just general Clausen bashing.

[/QUOTE]

uhhhhh that hasn't changed

Posted · Report post

Rant about what???

If you go in 5 other threads proclaiming how good your post is in a different thread then post that same post in the other thread to get people to read it AND it's a serious post AND it's terrible, I will rant.

This is nothing worth ranting over.

To answer your question, when the lockout ends, I will be laughing at all the people with our new #1 pick's picture in their avatar...Andrew Luck! (God willing)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRealDeal']Rant about what???

If you go in 5 other threads proclaiming how good your post is in a different thread then post that same post in the other thread to get people to read it AND it's a serious post AND it's terrible, I will rant.

This is nothing worth ranting over.

To answer your question, when the lockout ends, I will be laughing at all the people with our new #1 pick's picture in their avatar...Andrew Luck! (God willing)[/QUOTE]

That isn't going to happen. First of all there will be a season and unless we are dead last again, we won't be picking first. Even if we get the pick, we will trade it away for a ton of picks next year. Newton is our guy and will be for the next decade. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will be to move on.

What will I be doing?? Going to games and rooting for the Panthers and Newton to win. I am stoked to see the new defense.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55']That isn't going to happen. First of all there will be a season and unless we are dead last again, we won't be picking first. Even if we get the pick, we will trade it away for a ton of picks next year. Newton is our guy and will be for the next decade. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will be to move on.

What will I be doing?? Going to games and rooting for the Panthers and Newton to win. I am stoked to see the new defense.[/QUOTE]

It's a little concerning that you would accept going 0-16(+-2), having the chance to draft the best prospect in football the last 13+ years, and want to pass on said prospect because you have a project you are busy playing with.

Blah blah blah progress and improvement. If there is a clear and immediate upgrade at the most important position, you take it and learn not to draft terrible projects with the #1 overall pick. If you pass on the best player this decade it shows a conscious decision to accept losing. Welcome to being the Raiders.

Posted · Report post

The crime rate will go down... according to Ray Lewis

Posted · Report post

when the lockout ends....:lol:

Posted · Report post

I am the best poster on the board.

Posted · Report post

I love pooty threads. TRD, I understand your point of view, but do you at least hope Cam does well and we win every game? Fuck being a realist, the fun part of being a fan is being super stoked and hopeful at every turn.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I was stoked last year to see all the new guys play. It ended pretty quickly and it will this year too. I am stoked to see the new guys learn to play with one another and I will love to see new chemistry be built (like dwill and jstew a few years ago). I don't expect anything special just yet and watching young guys is full of disappointment as well, not everyone turns out as well as we hope [I]at first[/I] , see AE.

Posted · Report post

When the lockout ends.. FA will be the most exciting it has ever been and we will see the true colors of some butt hurt players..maybe.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRealDeal']It's a little concerning that you would accept going 0-16(+-2), having the chance to draft the best prospect in football the last 13+ years, and want to pass on said prospect because you have a project you are busy playing with.

Blah blah blah progress and improvement. If there is a clear and immediate upgrade at the most important position, you take it and learn not to draft terrible projects with the #1 overall pick. If you pass on the best player this decade it shows a conscious decision to accept losing. Welcome to being the Raiders.[/QUOTE]

Luck is a college football player who is at least a year away from being eligible for the NFL with no experience in the NFL. He is a prospect, nothing more. He has done nothing yet. Funny how you have beaten up Newton for months and talked about how college stats and accomplishments mean nothing at the pro level yet you are willing to crown Luck as the next Manning and instantly willing to see him as an upgrade. He might be great or he might be the next Ryan Leaf, who knows. But to assume that first we will get him, second that he would be better than Newton with a year of experience under his belt, and that we wouldn't be better off with Newton and trading Luck's rights for 2 or 3 first round picks versus another quarterback to train who we have to develop is a leap even for you.

Your judgement when it comes to Newton and the quarterback position is clearly colored by strong emotional feelings entirely divorced from reason and logic. So I won't be going back and forth about it. Most of the time your Newton posts resemble trolling remarks. Not that you intend them that way, simply you struggle to maintain even a modicum of objectivity when discussing Newton.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

When the lockout does finally end it will be time for a huge celebration :cheers2:

Let's just hope it won't be the biggest celebration for the Panthers this year. :confused:

I don't think it will, I believe we're in for some real excitement on the field this year!......Don't you?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jayflip']I love pooty threads. TRD, I understand your point of view, but do you at least hope Cam does well and we win every game? fug being a realist, the fun part of being a fan is being super stoked and hopeful at every turn.[/QUOTE]

Pooty threads are the best. Of course I hope he does well. I don't get the mentality from people that think I want him to fail so I can be right and so I can avoid the backlash from people here like I don't get attacked every day no matter what my opinion is.

The only reason I think we would draft Luck is if we are in that position and games are played, it means Cam didn't do well at all. Now I know there is a more detailed perspective where you take development, progress, glimmers, flashes, etc into consideration but it would be hard to finish last again and have the best prospect in 13 years knocking on your door and you slam it in his face because you got burned the year before by someone with a far inferior skill set and way more question marks.

[quote name='panthers55']Luck is a college football player who is at least a year away from being eligible for the NFL with no experience in the NFL. He is a prospect, nothing more. He has done nothing yet. Funny how you have beaten up Newton for months and talked about how college stats and accomplishments mean nothing at the pro level yet you are willing to crown Luck as the next Manning and instantly willing to see him as an upgrade. He might be great or he might be the next Ryan Leaf, who knows. But to assume that first we will get him, second that he would be better than Newton with a year of experience under his belt, and that we wouldn't be better off with Newton and trading Luck's rights for 2 or 3 first round picks versus another quarterback to train who we have to develop is a leap even for you.

Your judgement when it comes to Newton and the quarterback position is clearly colored by strong emotional feelings entirely divorced from reason and logic. So I won't be going back and forth about it. Most of the time your Newton posts resemble trolling remarks. Not that you intend them that way, simply you struggle to maintain even a modicum of objectivity when discussing Newton.[/QUOTE]

I've never once based Luck's transition to the NFL off of his stats or college accomplishments. You clearly think you are too smart for your own good and can't read a simple post that I've had to repeat thousands of times because you guys are so butthurt that I don't want Cammy Cam juice sprayed all over my face like the rest of you.

I look at a lot of things when evaluating QBs, more things than you probably could understand. Of course Luck is just a prospect but he is a better one than Newton. Even with a year of experience for Newton, Luck is still a year ahead of him because of where Newton is starting from.

I didn't want Luck when it was possible he could come out last year, I didn't think QB was our biggest need. I thought we would have taken Luck because he's too good to pass up, but I didn't want him. Now with the hole the FO has put us in, IF Cam doesn't perform assuming he's the starter all year and he earns us the #1 pick again, they MUST pick Luck or it's a slap in the face to every player on that team other than Cam and every fan that buys tickets or watches them on TV.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRealDeal'] Now with the hole the FO has put us in, IF Cam doesn't perform assuming he's the starter all year and he earns us the #1 pick again, they MUST pick Luck or it's a slap in the face to every player on that team other than Cam and every fan that buys tickets or watches them on TV.[/QUOTE]

Umm, no.

Not at all.

You did not think QB was the highest priority after drafting and watching Clausen fail, yet you do think QB is the highest priority [B]IF[/B] Cam fails ??? In spite of the fact that Clausen will still be here and the other "priorities" have yet to be addressed with the likes of a first round talent, much less first overall.

So we see what value you place on Cam in spite of your own words.

And before you go there, cost has nothing to do with it.

You may be so tangled up right now that you don't even know if you like Cam or not. But remember, None of us know if we [I]like[/I] Cam or not as a Panther yet as he has not even been signed, much less practice or shown us what he can do in a game. Most are just excited about the idea of what he may be able to do and grow more impressed with what little reports we have gotten from his agent about getting to work and from Chris Weinke once he got there.

I cannot remember a time in history where the same team has had first pick back to back and chose a QB both times. Anybody recall that?

Posted · Report post

there is no way in hell we pick Luck even if we have the number 1 pick.

And yes I will bet you money on this TRD.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Saltman']there is no way in hell we pick Luck even if we have the number 1 pick.

And yes I will bet you money on this TRD.[/QUOTE]

You'd be content with having a project for the remaining three years of his contract while Luck is face fucking the whole NFL with some other team?

It's dumb to draft two #1 QBs back to back, but it's even dumber to NOT draft the best PROSPECT in 13 years because you wasted your previous pick on the best PROJECT in 10 years.

Let us pray that Cam is half as good as some of you think he is and we won't be in this position.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jayflip']I love pooty threads. TRD, I understand your point of view, but do you at least hope Cam does well and we win every game? f*ck being a realist, the fun part of being a fan is being super stoked and hopeful at every turn.[/QUOTE]

TRD is not a fan of the Panthers. He is the Fan of the NFL Matt Moore's.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Snake_Fist_Gung_Fu']TRD is not a fan of the Panthers. He is the Fan of the NFL Matt Moore's.[/QUOTE]

We can all agree Matt Moore is pretty awesome but he's his own franchise now?

Moving on up

Must be hard for such a swagaholic to have such little swag. I'll chalk up your bitchiness this morning to withdrawal symptoms.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRealDeal']Pooty threads are the best. Of course I hope he does well. I don't get the mentality from people that think I want him to fail so I can be right and so I can avoid the backlash from people here like I don't get attacked every day no matter what my opinion is.

The only reason I think we would draft Luck is if we are in that position and games are played, it means Cam didn't do well at all. Now I know there is a more detailed perspective where you take development, progress, glimmers, flashes, etc into consideration but it would be hard to finish last again and have the best prospect in 13 years knocking on your door and you slam it in his face because you got burned the year before by someone with a far inferior skill set and way more question marks.

I've never once based Luck's transition to the NFL off of his stats or college accomplishments. You clearly think you are too smart for your own good and can't read a simple post that I've had to repeat thousands of times because you guys are so butthurt that I don't want Cammy Cam juice sprayed all over my face like the rest of you.

I look at a lot of things when evaluating QBs, more things than you probably could understand. Of course Luck is just a prospect but he is a better one than Newton. Even with a year of experience for Newton, Luck is still a year ahead of him because of where Newton is starting from.

I didn't want Luck when it was possible he could come out last year, I didn't think QB was our biggest need. I thought we would have taken Luck because he's too good to pass up, but I didn't want him. Now with the hole the FO has put us in, IF Cam doesn't perform assuming he's the starter all year and he earns us the #1 pick again, they MUST pick Luck or it's a slap in the face to every player on that team other than Cam and every fan that buys tickets or watches them on TV.[/QUOTE]

Interesting that you take the time to crticize me for thinking I am too smart then you make condescending remarks like you look at a lot of things which are more than I could understand. Seems to me that you are the one thinking you are so smart and above the understanding of others like me. Which clearly from the responses you get everyday as you suggest, indicate that this is in your mind not general consensus.

That aside, Luck hasn't made the transition nor is it guaranteed that when he does, he will be an instant star so to talk about how he will transition is just speculation about what you think he will do based on him playing within Harbaugh's WCO system for 2 years at Stanford (plus a redshirt year his freshmen year).

As usual you miss the point. The question isn't whether Luck was a better prospect this year if he came out, because that is not the debate. Most people would agree that he was. The question is whether he will be a better prospect next year versus Newton with a year of experience under his belt plus the 2 or 3 first rounders we would get if we traded the pick to someone else. You assume he will be but I think that is still up for debate.

What made Luck so attractive is that he had experience in a pro-ready offense and had good mechanics and footwork. He isn't more athletic than Newton, doesn't possess a better arm, and doesn't have better intangibles. Now if you add that Newton with all of his work has improved his footwork, improved his throwing motion, and is working hard to improve his grasp of the playbook and NFL offenses and defenses, there is every reason to believe that by next spring Newton will be every bit as experienced in a pro offense as Luck and still possess the superior physical skills. So to assume that Luck next spring will be a better prospect coming out of college playing against college defenses versus Newton after playing a year in the NFL against real NFL defenses is certainly your opinion but not at all a given. ( this assumes that we will be actually playing football this year which I believe we will, and that Newton will play and not ride the pines, which I believe he will.) You may think his skills are far inferior but that again is your opinion. Newton's physical skills are superior to Luck's. His understanding of a pro offense and skills under center were inferior to Luck's but won't be when you compare where each of them are next spring, IMO.

I really doubt that we will be the worse team in the NFl so all this talk IMO is moot. Secondly, I doubt Newton plays as badly as you think he will. And lastly, why not try to elevate your conversation to avoid the personal attacks. It makes you look like a troll, and discounts for most folks anything you may say of value. All posters regardless of what they say want validation for their views or they wouldn't post on a public forum. In order to get validation it is important to validate others as well. You can discount that or argue if you want, but it is a universal truth which if practiced reaps rewards well in excess of the energy expended to practice it.

Posted · Report post

My swag is my validation...

Hated but often respected, when I try.

The only thing worth responding to in your post, besides the little 69 of validation you were proposing was that you think that even with a whole year of NFL experience for Cam it would still be a debate between who is better at that point in time, Cam or Luck.

That says a lot about the two players and the reach we made this year :(

Posted · Report post

[quote]This message is hidden because TheRealDeal is on your ignore list.[/quote]

You guys should try this. It take a whole bunch of stupid regarding Cam Newton, our first ever #1 draft pick, out of this board.

Posted · Report post

If we are sitting at #1 next year it will be because there was no season or the Cam project failed miserably. There can't be another reason. If we are that bad then we have to play Cam, if he fails (like some speculate) then we move on. If Luck is there [COLOR="Red"]AND[/COLOR] he is graded to be the best QB in the draft we need to take him. Sorry :cam: and :jc: but thats the way it goes.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fjblair']When the lockout ends we can get back to some good old fashioned starting QB speculation and just general Clausen bashing.

Let the good times roll.[/QUOTE][URL="http://www.fallcreekland.com/"]north carolina cabins for sale[/URL]

Yeah right. I want to go back from the time good times roll. :D