Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Court engaged in "settlement talks", court-ordered mediation for next week cancelled!

258 posts in this topic

Posted

I never said that "build it and they will come" would work this day in age. Obviously, you need the players to put fans in the seats. On Tiger, he makes the kind of money that he makes because of the infrastructure that the PGA has in place. Although, he is probably a rare exception of an athlete that could run the PGA because he is so bright. Then again, he couldn't figure out to get a spare cell phone to call his hookers so maybe he isn't that bright :).

Posted

On ESPN radio this morning they said that the NFL was preparing for an 8 game season. I certainly hope not!

Posted

On ESPN radio this morning they said that the NFL was preparing for an 8 game season. I certainly hope not!

I think that means they are planning for that contingency among others. Doesn't mean the NFL thinks that is the mostly likely scenario.

Posted

I don't think the NFL will allow the lockout to go that long unless they are receiving money from undisclosed (illegal) sources.