Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mav1234

Court engaged in "settlement talks", court-ordered mediation for next week cancelled!

258 posts in this topic

Anyway you could cut and paste. My company blocks rotoworld

Citing multiple sources, CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman reports a deal could be reached between the owners and players before the Eight Circuit issues a ruling on the lockout, likely in July.

The talks are delicate, and a settlement hinges on keeping the attorneys out of the negotiating room. SI.com's Peter King backs Freeman's report while making it clear that a deal is no sure thing. "But I'm more optimistic about a settlement than I've been in a while," adds King. Tom Brady, whose name headlines the anti-trust lawsuit against the NFL, is "relatively confident" that a deal will be struck.

there you go.

there you go.

Appreciate that. I hate those words delicate and lawyers.

Keeping the attorneys out of the negoitiations. I find that funny.

Just tells you how much those idiots (on both sides) control the conversation.

Anyway you could cut and paste. My company blocks rotoworld

I was at the airport using my phone.

Why don't the players just go start their own league?

I don't think they could afford to buy stadiums.

I don't think they could afford to buy stadiums.
meh..they'd do it the same way most owners got their stadiums. taxpayers pay for it.

I am sure the players could run a $7 billion dollar business no problem just because they have a gift of athleticism. They manage the millions of dollars they have so well that they can barely make it though a couple month lock-out. I am sure they would do great things with billions. Laughable for people to think players could even begin to run the NFL....just plain laughable.

1 person likes this

meh..they'd do it the same way most owners got their stadiums. taxpayers pay for it.

Even if you gave them all free stadiums, the players would still run it into the ground. Plus they would need around $120-$150 million a year just in players salaries. That doesn't include any coaches or other employees to run the organization. I don't think the NFL would go a year before becoming insolvent if the players ran it.